though the H vanished as I got older.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I haven't been diagnosed..... yet?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ADD but no "H"....but I was diagnosed at age 8 or 9. I couldn't focus on anything for the life of me. I still have a lot of troubles with it. It's extremely frustrating. I especially hate being told I'm smart but always feeling stupid.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I asked...my best mate (ENFP) was diagnosed ADHD as a kid...doesn't jump off walls these days, but feels that parkour (yeah, doin the walls literally) helps vent what he learned to suppress as he's gotten older.

I'm wondering if its got nothing to do with a "disorder" whatsoever...but just the hyperactive tendency of the ENFP personality type!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Diagnosed in 8th grade and took meds for a few years. That being said i think its a load of shit. Just a way for psychiatrists to make money off of people with Ne... or even Fi... basically any function thats going to keep you from focusing on something someone is saying to you or any mundane task. :confused:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have. Except I don't remember if it was ADD or ADHD. What is the difference?
Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. The later means you can't pay attention AND bounce off the walls. In other words.. you're not like boring people so they put you on meds. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Never diagnosed though I know of a few teachers that were tempted to ask my parents to test me. I wasn't hyperactive, just attention deficit. Still am. On my recreation time I'll usually watch 10 minutes of a movie that's been in my DVD player for a week, switch to T.V. for 15-20, switch to a magazine for 10, and then come on the computer for 30 (checking many different sites/emails/etc).

I have real trouble say sitting down with a movie for 2 hours.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is there a reason for this? My friend is ENFP and is very very very ADHD, when I'm not around him I hear stories of his hyperness/meanness (those are not words, but when he is hyper he becomes impulsive in what he says). I feel like I shouldn't have to tell him to watch what he says and does (I'm a J...), but are meds really the way to go? I advised him to look into it but he doesn't want to become "boring." I say boring is better than fun but with no friends left to insult...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm sure I would be... Personally, I would never want to go on meds though. I think they are greatly over-prescribed...especially to young children. :sad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm sure if I had been tested any time during primary, middle or high school, I would have been diagnosed with this but in college and professionally, I think I'm uber-focussed. I think it just depends on how interested we are in a subject.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
I have been formally diagnosed with it, yes.

Note that a coorelation doesn't necessarily imply causation.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts