Personality Cafe banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
I was diagnosed as having ADD specifically because my biggest problem is the lack of attention. Everyone with ADHD and ADD is hyperactive in some way, which is why the "ADD" label is disappearing. People with ADD are still hyperactive on the inside, it just manifests itself in a different way. I can control myself enough to sit still for a while, but I still squirm, fidget and eventually drift away.
Haha interesting. With martial arts training, all my fidgeting is controled and precise, but I'm always moving definitely. I might be doing movements or energy related stuff that can't be noticed though.

I honestly don't see the difference.

Are you saying ADD and ADHD, the only difference is whether other people can see your physical body parts moving?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hmm, yeah, I considered myself AD minus the H D in the past. Have you checked a comparison chart of the two? It seems that you don't necessarily have to be hyperactive in the hopping-up-and-down, speeding ticket happy ill-behaved child sense to have ADHD. Interesting stuff. P.S. love your avatar!
I don't really care for that list, it seems very black and white and I'm definitely not 100% one or the other.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I haven't been diagnosed but I always get "...do you have ADD?"
But yeah ADD not ADHD maybe.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nope... but my ENFP brother was diagnosed with Tourette syndrome when he was younger but no medication was given. (My parents don't believe in stopping someone's brain from working properly)

He was pretty hyped up and did crazy things, he was expelled because he started jumping on the table and flung books everywhere and kept repeating 'le cahier'. But he slowly calmed himself down as now he can control it. He told me he still has it, but yeah...
But I've been diagnosed with OCD when I was younger.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have never been diagnosed but I sure wish my counselor would take me seriously on it. Every time I mention it she blows it off. You would think I have gone 38 years and have been just fine but sometimes I can't take all the one billion things going on in my mind right when I need to concentrate on something that REALLY needs to get done. I fight through it. Sometimes I am just tired of battling it but that is who I am. I am passionate about my school work but sometimes I really fight with myself to focus when it is something I am not as interested in.

I can be hyper focused on certain things also.

When I was younger my mother had me a on "special" diet that helped with my hyperactivity.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
ADHD and Dyslexia.. But most people never guess the Dyslexia because I use spell check, and because I talk about my crazy inventions all the time, so people think "Oh, invention, you must be an engineer, oh you must be REALLY good at math."
I hate doing math, because I can read the explanation on what you are supposed to do, how these functions work, etc, and still not know anything about it. I do have good visuospatial skills though.. So I guess I just see math in a different way that most people.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm ADHD... and I do take medicine. I don't think medicine is as bad as people say it is though, it helps calm me down during the day, but I'm still fairly talkative and silly. :p

41 - 51 of 51 Posts