Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I read the enneagram 4 type description and it almost seemed to perfectly describe your stereotypical emo kid. So how many of you have been labeled emo?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm guilty! :crazy:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I got labeled 'goth' in middle school because I only wore navy blue polo shirts(I only wore polo shirts because they were in dress code)...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I've labeled myself an emo on the rare occasions I actually tell someone what's getting to me, but I'm not aware of anyone else giving me the label. I like baggy jeans and don't waste any time doing my hair which probably helps :crazy:

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Unfortunately.

I'll stop there before I launch into a "they just don't understand!" routine.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately.

I'll stop there before I launch into a "they just don't understand!" routine.
You might as well launch into this mode, because I know that it's comin from someone, regardless of whether you do it or not.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I suppose the answer is yes, all 4's are emo's. You didn't really ask that question but you seemed to imply it ;)
Yep, that's pretty much it. lol, is Meg from family guy a four? I think that she is.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, I wouldn't say she's a four, because she doesn't want to be unique, quite the contrary, she wants to fit in. Perhaps a 2w1, maybe a 6w5?
Yeah she seems like more of a six.

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
....I can't see her being a 6w7, and her being a 6w5 would make her very close to my type.....*shudder*

I think that's the only reason I even suggested 2w1, I was just praying she was something else, trying to fool myself.... Ah well, not like she's real anyways XD

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
....I can't see her being a 6w7, and her being a 6w5 would make her very close to my type.....*shudder*

I think that's the only reason I even suggested 2w1, I was just praying she was something else, trying to fool myself.... Ah well, not like she's real anyways XD
I don't think that anyone would want to be like Meg. Not even Meg wants to be Meg.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Zygomorphic calls me emo from time to time, but he doesn't mean the whiny kind of emo. He means the "intense feeling" kind of emo. :p

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zygomorphic calls me emo from time to time, but he doesn't mean the whiny kind of emo. He means the "intense feeling" kind of emo. :p
I think that emo is bad no matter how you slice it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Ummm...

I have been called that exact word directly twice. Once in college when I was listening to Weezer's Blue album and once today because I got this haircut that I have had fixed 3 times this month and it is finally at least wearable now and someone said it looked kind of emo but she is not very up with the times so she really meant hipster. I would be just fine with being called hipster but I don't pay quite enough attention to my appearance for that official title.

I was a freak though in middle school and high school. I would not hang out with anyone else because they were the most accepting of differences.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

6w7 all the way. She does not prefer to be alone like a 5 would and 5 usually take it for granted that someone will always be around when they need them. 7 kindof are a little hyper almost but not necessarily. They almost try to ignore themselves in a way.

I think that emo is bad no matter how you slice it.
You are not an ENFP. F means you place value on feelings. This statement and many other statements I have seen you make are highly insensitive. I don't even know why you are questioning whether or not your a T.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I haven't been labeled as "emo". But I hide my feelings very well. Today at work I was so sad that I was almost constantly on the verge of tears (I haven't cried today and that actually annoys me for some reason). When I went to the bathroom I expected to see a sad emo in the mirror, but all I saw was me looking normal and that surprised me.

It's irritating though; I want my friends, family and co-workers to know of the seemingly constant chaos inside me but I just can't show it. And on the very rare occasions when I do show it, people get scared.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts