·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have traveled alone before

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
ENFP...I have been on solo trips numerous times...
Twice to Germany, once to Argentina, once to Oregon, and once to Michigan. I also moved to Colorado by myself (not school related) for a year. If I wouldn't have moved to Colorado, I would have gone to A) Antarctica or B) Chile and either Nepal or New Zealand.

I like it because you meet a lot of interesting people and experience a variety of new things.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I went on a two week trip to a foreign country by myself. I was enrolled in language classes whilst I was there so I got to meet people that way. It was a safe city I was staying in so I wouldn't have even minded if I hadn't made any friends. But there were actually a few nice people there who I met. And I liked the sense of freedom. It was nice being somewhere new where no one knows me and I can just explore.

Edit: I'm an INTP.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
INFJ.
I find traveling alone (depending where, foreign countries mean language barriers which is different then exploring US territory and I would much prefer someone with me for safety reasons) to be less stressful the majority of the time (and depending on who is accompanying me). Despite myself being calmer and enjoying the feeling of exploring new territory on my own accord, there are some things that are just lovely to share with another human.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
Traveling alone is interesting. I've only done it a few times and in poor circumstances. There are aspects to it that I appreciate and find interesting, but for the most part, going places without my significant other is just wretchedly depressing and it's something I never want to do.

INTJ.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
698 Posts
INTP. I would love to, and have planned on doing solo weekend trips a few times, but never really got around to it. Either my friends or boyfriend ended up coming with me, I found other plans, or my parents would bitch at me and tell me I shouldn't go. (I still live with them.)
Well, I'm only 19. There's plenty of time left to travel alone.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
INTP. I would love to, and have planned on doing solo weekend trips a few times, but never really got around to it. Either my friends or boyfriend ended up coming with me, I found other plans, or my parents would bitch at me and tell me I shouldn't go. (I still live with them.)
Well, I'm only 19. There's plenty of time left to travel alone.
The first time I traveled alone was when I was 20 - so you have plenty of time :) it's a great experience .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Amelia

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. I moved out to Seattle on a whim and have lived here for almost two years. I will be soon moving to L.A.
Where were you originally from ? I love Seattle it's one of my favorite city to visit .

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Banned
16,307 Posts
I fantasize about it, to be a stranger to all and hold no social responsibility except the in-my-moment kind that I decide to hold on myself. My grandpa made 100s of friends because in his work he travelled a lot to find out about peoples family trees. I would like to make some sort of impAct through the travels as well, maybe writing books using strangers as characters, and scenery as inspiration. A bit like a traveling photographer except instead of photographs to capture a point in space-time it is written word. It would be beautiful to me so I think that's reason enough to do it. :)

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I travelled to Germany and Austria while I was attending a transfer program in Hungary. I knew I wanted to go alone so that I can plan things out exactly the way I want. I was actually tempted to join my friends to go to Salzburg together but decided against it. Not surprisingly they told me they just saw Mozart's birthplace without even entering there...precisely the place where I wanted to spend sizable amount of time on.

Particularly, the Germany trip came out to be one of the most meaningful trips. I got to visit one of the concentration camp sites (Sachsenhausen), and visited Berliner Philharmonie, the place I have longed to visit! :)

Hmm, a bit carried away there. So yes I did enjoy it, and am glad that I chose to go alone. Now that I am in a relauonship, I would love to travel with my SO once she moves closer to me. INFJ myself.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
writing books using strangers as characters, and scenery as inspiration. A bit like a traveling photographer except instead of photographs to capture a point in space-time it is written word. It would be beautiful to me so I think that's reason enough to do it. :)
I can relate to the main reason I started traveling alone was to gain inspiration to write
- You should do a day trip to Portland/Victoria and people watch for books inspiration

Reactions: Purrfessor
1 - 20 of 88 Posts