Personality Cafe banner

How many of you are actually scientists or want to pursue a career in science?

• Yes, I'm a scientist

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • No, That's just a silly stereotype.

Votes: 28 57.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, I'm fascinated by science. I'm not scientist, because there is no jobs for scientists in my country. If I had the chance, I would have worked it.

I'm Software Developer, but if I've lived in other country, I would work in the bioinformatics area.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm studying psychology and neuroscience, but haven't been in a lab yet.

I actually said, "damn you, MBTI," when I switched my major. I refused to take a fourth year of science in high school, intended to go to school for art, went through a couple of non-science majors, and settled on psychology only to become obsessed with the neuroscience classes. Damn you, MBTI.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The first useful poll I've seen in a while. It will be nice to have somewhere to direct people who are convinced we're all housed together in a lab.

In terms of occupation, MBTI isn't about what you do, it's about how you do it. Regardless of the job at hand, an INTJ will tend to be systematic, logical and efficient.
You mean stereotypes aren't always true??

By the way, I like your avatar.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My line of work deals with "Building science", if that is good for you.
In terms of a Lab-rat, I am a Architectural Technologist, and i spend all day in a Computer lab. =0

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
So how many of you guys are actually lab-rats?
Stupid poll. The second option "No, That's just a silly stereotype." should just be "no". Now that you added an opinion to the "no" answer, I can't answer your poll because the right answer isn't in there.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Computer Scientist.

Also, for the purposes of this, I vote we count any and all engineering as science being applied to the real world, which I think is probably even more in the vein of the INTJ, what with the desire to actually *do* things and not *just* speculate on them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
well im no real scientists but i remember in high school i had my own lab where i did all of the experiments in my chemistry book i also make soap as a hobby so if you would consider that a lab then yes i do

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm studying psychology and neuroscience, but haven't been in a lab yet.

I actually said, "damn you, MBTI," when I switched my major. I refused to take a fourth year of science in high school, intended to go to school for art, went through a couple of non-science majors, and settled on psychology only to become obsessed with the neuroscience classes. Damn you, MBTI.
That sounds exactly like me. While I love Psychology, and plan on perusing it (in a sense, anyways; I'd rather be a Psychiatrist), I've got a special place in my brain for neuroscience, and I find myself applying it more than other people would probably like.

You mean stereotypes aren't always true??
I couldn't not hear that in House's voice. It was incredibly eerie.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts