Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like chess, Risk, Battleship, or any other type of game that involves strategy?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I love strategy games, especially those that involve unpredictable factors, an element of planning, and eliminable opponents. Think of Shogun, Risk, Stratego, Chess, that kind of thing. The complex hexagonal-grid games like Rise and Decline of the Third Reich are awesome, provided we can find someone else insane enough to devote time to playing them.

Conversely, I tend not to like strategy games where winning is too mechanical, or where everyone has a mostly equal chance until the end, or where there is no sense of urgency. Eurogames, for example, usually aren't as exciting for me.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I bet u that before this day ends, you'll probably get so many replies on this thread. You always hit big with ur posts nate, my threads just keep going straight to hell... :frustrating:

Anyways, enough with such digression from the main topic of this thread, I love strategy games. I'm great at them and they allow me to think of new plans then execute them in order to achieve victory. I especially love TBS games, those games I can destroy the oppositon in. Through repeated rounds of playing these games, I can sharpen and flourish my strategizing skills in order to become more dextrous in my strategic skills.However, I hate online RTS games, they piss me off so much. There's so much to manage in them and what do I get in return for all the time spent on doing those mundane tasks? NOTHING! :angry:

One time, I was playing chess with someone from school and I locked up the entire right side of the board, neither one of us could move without going into a chain reaction of wins as well as losses. Yeaaahhhh, umm, I can go insane with my plans and putting them into practice...

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet u that before this day ends, you'll probably get so many replies on this thread. You always hit big with ur posts nate, my threads just keep going straight to hell... :frustrating:

Anyways, enough with such digression from the main topic of this thread, I love strategy games. I'm great at them and they allow me to think of new plans then execute them in order to achieve victory. I especially love TBS games, those games I can destroy the oppositon in. Through repeated rounds of playing these games, I can sharpen and flourish my strategizing skills in order to become more dextrous in my strategic skills.However, I hate online RTS games, they piss me off so much. There's so much to manage in them and what do I get in return for all the time spent on doing those mundane tasks? NOTHING! :angry:

One time, I was playing chess with someone from school and I locked up the entire right side of the board, neither one of us could move without going into a chain reaction of wins as well as losses. Yeaaahhhh, umm, I can go insane with my plans and putting them into practice...
Yes, my threads are amazing, I must say.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I play strategy games! Makes for some good tension in the room because I'm such a perfectionist, but I love it!
I guess it's the Te function in you that makes you like it. Also, you have to be an enneagram one? Are you?

EDIT: I looked at your profile.....You are an enneagram 1! DAMN IT TO HELL!

·
Registered
988 Posts
The only strategy games I have played are Chinese checkers, Risk, and Battleship -- and I must say, I liked them very much. The game is engrossing with intelligent enough players, although they always give up or get crushed too quickly. Learning the rules of chess is one of my priorities, to be completed when I can find the time and effort.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think it might be easier to find the NT's that don't like strategy games.

·
Registered
INFP
1,280 Posts
I'm not really into chess but I use to love Stratego and Battleship as a kid. Also, played a lot of games of diplomacy and risk with my friends in college.

Now I devote a lot of my free time to Civilization IV, I love to be peaceful character like Ghandi and kick Montezuma, Cesar and Napoleon's butt. I also guilty of playing a bit of Starcraft even if it's a 14 years old game.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Me too....

I enjoy various types of strategy games. Real-time strategy games like "Age of Empires" and "Starcraft" as well as the turn-based ones like chess and battlefield as well as various card games that employ working out things a few steps ahead at any point in time.

There are also other types of games that have a strategy dimension to them like action RPGs such as "Titan Quest" or "Diablo II" just to state a couple of examples.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I really enjoy RTS games. Like Command and Conquer and Age of Empires. Unfortunately I use a netbook, not a PC so I can't buy PC Strategy Games. :frustrating:

One of the things that always annoys me in them though is the tiny little details, like certain resource gathering. I want to build an Army and crush my enemy, god damn it! Not spend 20 minutes waiting for the materials to be collected while being attacked by an AI who moves 200 times faster than me. :dry:

I've also really wanted to learn how to play Chess. I must find someone to teach me and play against first though. :dry:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts