Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 6, and I have constantly got in trouble in just about every joband in school for questioning the boss/teacher, and breaking the rules? Can any of you other 6's relate to this?

Reactions: Just_Some_Guy

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
All the time.
Recently I got suspended by the vice principle being "Non-Complient" because my uniform shirt was unbuttoned. And I refused to button it. Because it literally accomplish nothing! I even had a uniform color shirt under it! Its was complete and total bull shit! They take away the individuality of clothing of all the students in the school and they uniform policy is complete crap and overly strict. Uniforms are meant to identify students! Does my unbuttoned shirt change this? Its just stupid. Then he lies on the suspension paper saying I did not have a uniform shirt on! I had 2 on! What is this! I am now allowed to unbutton my shirt because I got pissed and just walked into the principles office with the paper. And even the principle knows how much of a lieing prick the vice principle is.

If your gonna give me a rule you better tell me why. Or else its nothing other then a stupid idea.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
If your gonna give me a rule you better tell me why. Or else its nothing other then a stupid idea.
I agree with that. I purposefully break those rules that don't seem to be in place for a reason or that don't seem to make sense at all. Though I'm generally more low-key about it.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So rule breaking is a six trait?
Counter-phobic sixes break the rules, phobic sixes follow the rules very closely. Then, some are a fusion of both. 6's are very complicated to understand.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Counter-phobic sixes break the rules, phobic sixes follow the rules very closely. Then, some are a fusion of both. 6's are very complicated to understand.
Why do you, personally, break rules, though?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do you, personally, break rules, though?
Just for the hell of it, to fight the power, and because I like doing my own thing. I've always been a leader, I hate to follow, or bend to anyone else's will. Plus, it's like a rush to me. Plus, if I find a rule to be illogical, I see no need to follow it. I make my own rules. This is why I constantly question me being ENTP.

Reactions: mushr00m and Vaka

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Hey, I just read this and thought I'd share:

Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with anxieties and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whomever or whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be aggressive, and frequently adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Such Sixes are often unaware of the fear which motivates their actions. For counterphobic Sixes, the inner tension of living with their anxiety is greater than the fear of any external threat they might be facing, so they adopt an oppositional attitude and throw themselves into action. This approach sometimes succeeds in obscuring from the counterphobic Six's line of vision the fear which is actually at the root of their behavior. Consequently, counterphobic Sixes frequently deny being anxious.

Reactions: Promethea

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I just read this and thought I'd share:
Thanks Pink. I already knew that, but thanks for sharing that with the rest of the crowd. Maybe someone learned something from that.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
All I can say is that I despise trivial authority... and authority in general. The only -true- authority is that which has earned my respect by the nature of its own merit.

When I was in the military, I would grow my sideburns out to the maximum standard. Why? Because grooming standards didn't influence my ability to be a soldier on bit. I memorized the regs so I could pipe up with them whenever confronted on my awesome chops. "Sir, the standard is that the sideburns can be no lower than the lowest opening of the ear hole, parallel to the marching surface, trimmed neatly and not flared. These sideburns are Army standard, sir!" I got a lot of angry looks for that, but it was worth it. The chops weren't as cool as my god-awful Army standard mustache. (shivers)

I suppose I've also pissed off several persons in authority by just asking why. "Why should this task be done." If I get a good answer, the leader gains my respect and thus I become compliant. If I get a "Because i said so!", they become an obstacle to me and one that I don't care to please.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I can say is that I despise trivial authority... and authority in general. The only -true- authority is that which has earned my respect by the nature of its own merit.

When I was in the military, I would grow my sideburns out to the maximum standard. Why? Because grooming standards didn't influence my ability to be a soldier on bit. I memorized the regs so I could pipe up with them whenever confronted on my awesome chops. "Sir, the standard is that the sideburns can be no lower than the lowest opening of the ear hole, parallel to the marching surface, trimmed neatly and not flared. These sideburns are Army standard, sir!" I got a lot of angry looks for that, but it was worth it. The chops weren't as cool as my god-awful Army standard mustache. (shivers)

I suppose I've also pissed off several persons in authority by just asking why. "Why should this task be done." If I get a good answer, the leader gains my respect and thus I become compliant. If I get a "Because i said so!", they become an obstacle to me and one that I don't care to please.
This is interesting to know.

Reactions: Just_Some_Guy

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Yes, when I was in the military my Captain's did not like me, at all. I thought they were incompetent and that I had to do the job for them. Not following orders resulted in me having to lick my own boots.

Being in a leading position however was ok, for a while, as long if it felt like I had the abilities to get the job done. It was stressing, but not to a point where I felt like countering it with my phobias.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
So I'm moving my posting to here. It was originally in type 7 forum about how you were as a teenager, but I think it fits better here since it turned out I am CP 6w7.

I was crazy. It's a miracle I'm still alive. I tried everything. I had so many near death experiences, it was unbelievable.

I hated bureaucracy, authority, rules, conformity, cliques, bullies, and myself. I went goth for awhile until I noticed other people doing it. Then I had to find something else that gave me attention without connecting with anyone. I was the A student who got sent to the dean for mouthing off to the jock A-hole in the class who was putting someone else down. I was always in trouble in high school.

I was angry and didn't care much for school. So it made it hard that they put me in these honors classes for gifted people. I wasn't like all the other stupid "gifted" morons. Hahaha. I found them shallow and ignorant. I liked hanging out with the "outsiders".

I took advantage of stupid teachers who couldn't think outside the box, and I fell in love with the tough teachers. My mouth got me in trouble with teachers. But only with the ones I felt were idiots anyway.

I finally calmed down in college where I felt I could rip at my academics without being socially stigmatized.

Reactions: catnap222

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I'm moving my posting to here. It was originally in type 7 forum about how you were as a teenager, but I think it fits better here since it turned out I am CP 6w7.
I relate a lot to this.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,621 Posts
When I was younger and got picked on by senior members of authority, I used to backchat them, intellectualise their verbal attacks and try and disprove them and when I saw people getting attacked by other bullies, I just stepped in and told them what they are doing is wrong, f*** having some jumped up little twerp thinking they've got one over when they are actually no better than anyone else. Im argumentative towards people that abuse their power for their own ends and will see to it that they don't get away scot free.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I got my teacher fired :p....
I backtalk to my teachers.
I stepped up to bullies in school to defend my classmates many times.
My grandmother is very authoritarian and manipulative. I have been defending my mother form her ever since I turned 4.
I have problems following orders. When I was in the 12th grade all boys over here were recorded for the army, those who didn't go to college went to the army for a year to be trained. Nowadays this is not in practice anymore, but when this happened to me I got into a fight with the army nurse and with the guy in charge.
I almost punched my dad on several occasions as a teenager because he got authoritarian in ways that I thought were unjust.
If I feel something is unjust then I'm going to say and do something about it :\! I don't tolerate people in power who abuse it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts