Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about how.many of you think you are healthy examples of INFPs? How do I become.one.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You mean a psychologically high functioning person that can utilize their function stack with full conscious control, is self aware and present to the moment..?

None of us. That's probably why we are on this forum. LOL.

Jk.

But no really, you become healthy through time invested in discovering what makes you heal and grow. Then you get after dat shit.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean a psychologically high functioning person that can utilize their function stack with full conscious control, is self aware and present to the moment..?

None of us. That's probably why we are on this forum. LOL.

Jk.

But no really, you become healthy through time invested in discovering what makes you heal and grow. Then you get after dat shit.
How I do dat ;-;

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Of course it is, but there's generally an accepted idea of what a healthy INFP looks like, is there not?

Well sure. But we have different ideas of what that means. I’m capable of stable, long-term relationships. I am financially secure. Decent job. Objectively I suppose my life is pretty good.

But I’m always looking for what’s missing, never feel I’ve accomplished the things that mean the most to me, and have an undercurrent of rampant insecurity.

Everyone’s got something.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruh... On da forreal doe, be honest and tell me if you have googled/youtubed any topics related to this question. Tell me what you found.
I'll check when I get home. I think I've done better today. Every time I had an unhealthy thought, I said to myself "you used to think like that because you weren't healthy. But since we're healthy now, no reason to feel like that."

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I would be in the unhealthy category. But I'm getting better.... Slowly... I think..

In saying that though I'm not unhealthy in all aspects or to the point where... I don't know, I'd be in oblivion. If I had to be honest, I'm just insecure, have low self-esteem/very self-conscious, still a bit shy, somewhat socially awkward, feel a bit unfulfilled and dissatisfied with life (and other... Areas) but I'm trying to occupy myself each day, and a bit lonely friend wise and... Maybe a bit extreme on the romantic side.... but other than that I'm okay... If there's anything left to be okay about?

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Unhealthy based on how needy I am. But apparently other INFPs are total used snotty tissues so Imma guess...not as unhealthy? Loll.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,583 Posts
The way to become healthier is a different path for every person.

If you're Type 6, perhaps studying Type 9 would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The way to become healthier is a different path for every person.

If you're Type 6, perhaps studying Type 9 would be helpful.
What makes me unhealthy is how much I want to interact with my best friend. And I'm trying to cut down but I just always want to talk to her, and I'd get sad when we don't talk. But today, all I told myself over and over is that I don't need her to be happy, and it helped a bit. But eventually, I had to text her because I did miss her.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
What makes me unhealthy is how much I want to interact with my best friend. And I'm trying to cut down but I just always want to talk to her, and I'd get sad when we don't talk. But today, all I told myself over and over is that I don't need her to be happy, and it helped a bit. But eventually, I had to text her because I did miss her.

That doesn't sound unhealthy to me? You have a friend you're close to, that's a good thing! Unless there's something you're leaving out.

Anyways, I'd say Stephen Colbert is the best example of a healthy INFP.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

But strong attachments are a good thing.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

I don't think this one thing makes you unhealthy. ...Unless you stalk her or something! That's bad. But this just sounds like you really like your friend. You're right in that you don't need her to be happy—happiness does not rest solely on her shoulders—but she still makes you happy.

Has she told you that you're smothering her? Has someone else mentioned anything? How do you know that you want to interact with her too much?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Aha! I read this thread: https://www.personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/1294161-my-best-friend-my-world-its-unhealthy-but-im-afraid-practice-self-love.html Now there's some more information.

I'm sorry you have to live so far away from someone so close to you. (No pun intended!!) We don't want unhealthy dependency, but I don't think we can help being a little bit dependent on things. Some people are even dependent on the idea that they are independent and need no one else...

I see the struggle between wanting to be less dependent but also not wanting to not want/need her. I think this struggle with picking a side is the right and healthy place for you to be. I feel frustrated for you because as I try to put myself in your shoes, I can't think of the right choice myself. But I know that this kind of struggle will lead to some kind of action/resolution. Whatever that end is, it will be more stable. Since you care about her so much, you'll probably make the right choice too.

Health for me has always been recognizing a problem and seeking its resolution because I want to be the best version of me I can be. Not giving up on yourself is very healthy.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Probably not healthy by society's standards, ie strong introversion, lack of interest in pursuing social relationships or interactions (for the most part only do it when I have to), I'm more stuck in abstract word and interested in theoritizing, rather than concrete world, testing some of teories work in real life and overall I don't find many things interesting ina external world. Baring few areas of life, I'm lazy, procrastinating and apathetic. So not exactly kind of person society would view as healthy. I only take issue with some of these like limited ability to test my ideas in real world and I guess procrastination isn't exactly helping me with achieving some of my goals that would require steady work toward them, however it's unlikely going to change as some people like to say I'm too lazy to stop being lazy.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
To call oneself healthy is vain which is an unhealthy trait. To call oneself unhealthy is kind of like accepting defeat. It's rather a harsh judgement on oneself and on others to think in terms of binary healthy and unhealthy. We are all of us somewhere on the spectrum. A healthy person can make another feel healthy while an unhealthy person can make another feel unhealthy. I do not mean this as objective judgement however. It is from my own subjective experience that I say so. The world, as it has become now, does not value subjective opinion. At the same time it cannot be denied that all of us are in need of some subjective opinion on ourselves. Often I judge people in the world based on ideas I hold valuable. When I am able to turn those ideas around to assess myself I find that a healthy process. There are various healthy processes that are possible. The good thing about you is that you desire a healthy process. It's a good place to start.

As I have moved forward I have come to face that I encounter frustration very often. The enneagram says 1,4 and 7 feel acute frustration on path of growth. 2, 5 and 8 feel rejection and 3,6 and 9 feel attachment. These are spiritual challenges. I have no idea how to deal with these. I find that frustration is often very overpowering on me. I am trying to face it rather than act on it. It becomes hard to contain it at times. At other times it becomes hard to avoid venting it out. Everybody's challenges are very subjective experiences. You have to find them out yourself. Life is the best teacher in this regard.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts