Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use them constantly. And the rest of you?

Reactions: jasonm

·
Banned
557 Posts
I find myself using these constantly. If I didn't frequently dream, use figurative language, or such, I'd stop flexing my intuitivity and start going the highway to hell--->the highway to becoming an S! Then since I'm a J, if I stopped being intuitive, then I'd become an SJ and that would be intolerable! :angry:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes! I use them especially when I want to validate how other people feel. A friend might struggle in putting their feelings into words, so I attempt to metaphorize what I think they feel. Other times I might just be staring out blankly and begin to mumble out the things I see... in metaphors of course.

·
Registered
INFP
1,053 Posts
Yep, yep.

I love to use the same word in different context in the same sentence to mix people up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use them a lot in writing, or if I'm having a deep discussion with someone. I would use metaphors and such in lighter, every day conversation, but I'm afraid people would just think I'm weird. I hate when someone asks me what I'm thinking about because then i need to pull back from all the analogies and metaphors going on in my mind and state the root of what i was thinking about and then it always sounds so bland.

·
Registered
35 Posts
not so much puns, but i use simile, metaphor, and analogy allll the time as I find comparing one thing to something else to be the best way to really explain it

this is fine with my enfp girlfriend but i feel like i kinda lose my estp best friend when i do it. haha

·
Registered
409 Posts
I find I use them more with my NF friends and family. I use analogies and metaphors the most, often times it is the only way I seem to be able to get across what is in my mind. For me it's kind of like beaming down, instead of getting in that slow 'ol shuttle craft and flying all the way down to the planet surface...

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I naturally think in them, so it's actually natural for me to make them without even trying, much to the chagrin of the S majority.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Of course! I really dig playing with words and language in general, though. In a single sentence I may use multiple languages, use metaphor, puns, cultural and historical references, hand gestures, facial expressions, vocal tone, onomatopoeias, homophones, all of it at once! I'm a very expressive and effective speaker most of the time. Even if people don't get every point in the sentence, they get the main point, and those rare people who get all the little subtleties are very appreciative of my style of communication.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts