Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you regret it?

Were there circumstances which made you pass up on them?

Do you trust something equivalent or better will come along eventually?

What was it?

How has that changed you since until now?

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Not so much.

Excluding the ''I like you'' nuclear-bomb type of signs from girls that is.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I honestly can't really think of anything that significant that I passed up in my life and later regretted. Well.. there was one time but that experience will never leave the depths of my mind.

I'm a risk taker at heart, even if it is accompanied by anxiety most of the time. I guess it's my curious nature, I mean I do a lot of experimenting when it comes to social encounters and then analyze the experience. Sometimes this causes me to reevaluate certain aspects of my life or way of thinking.

·
Registered
770 Posts
None yet. Its hard to miss once in a life time opportunities when you live in a small town with no opportunities.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I once had the opportunity to get into a high-level management job at a warehouse that I worked at, with a guaranteed pay of $30-$40 an hour. The only requirement was that I take a two week course, which I had to pay out of my own pocket(I was making $17 an hour at the time, so paying for it was no big deal). I nearly did it too, but I was unsure of my managerial abilities, and was honestly just lazy.
I'm sure something similar will come along eventually, but it was good opportunity, and I probably could have gone onto some other, better job from there.

I was once propositioned by Avril Lavigne(back when she was just starting her career), and I realized it about a year later.

I don't know how many times I've been flirted with by super sexy girls, and just didn't realize it. My life is so sad.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Once in a lifetime? I'd say such a thing doesn't really exist. There's always another job, girl, chance, etc.

Things I wish I'd done differently? I'm trying to rent a stadium to hold the printout.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Regret buying a house because I knew the market would tank and was proven right.

Regret not buying gold when I knew it would go way up.

I tend to do things once I realize that they are "once in a lifetime" although I have a lot of anxiety until it works out. I like to try new experiences when they present themselves and I hate monotony. I'm reluctant to get involved but once I commit, I go all the way.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I too am a bit of a risk-taker by nature. It's difficult to push me into things, but left to my own devices I'll tend to take any and all opportunities that pass my way.

I think my biggest "missed" opportunity was girl-related. I had what I still look back on as the opportunity of a lifetime, but self-doubt and sexual conservatism caused me to act to prevent things from escalating. 2 years later I married a different girl and now the first one wouldn't be a good fit at all, but it's odd to think how different I would be today had I chosen to walk down that path.

Btw, hullo all!

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I had the chance to get some experience as an editor for an online magazine which probably could have helped my career plans, but I had already booked to go on holiday and didn't feel like taking my laptop with me. Plus, I just had this anxiety about not being any good. I'm planning to ask for work experience from the publishing department of my university in my final year.

I think I've also missed a number of experiences because of holding back too much, so I'm trying to stop saying no all the time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I chose to start working rather than go for master's. I would have had higher starting salary and been able to teach if I had a master's.

I chose to get citizenship in a better country than to go for a better career in the country where I was.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
infinite. I mean just now I could have grabbed a snicker bar at 10:50:00 PM September 8, 2013 AD that opportunity will never come again... :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife....And you may ask yourself, how did I get here?!

(Sorry, no one took the bait!) :D

Tend to think most opportunities will come around again in some form. Except love with a person your heart is set on. But if you have time and haven't messed it up or had the chance to try - you never know what the future holds.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I turned down the opportunity to have sex with a very cute girl that I fancied (twice!) about two decades ago. That's still the only thing I regret. Ok sometimes I regret getting out of military service, but at the time it was probably the right thing (me and the military would not have been a good match).

The adage really is true that you only regret things you do NOT do. Out of all the (sometimes incredibly) stupid and dangerous things I've done, I regret none of them. Life is one interesting (if you pay attention) lesson. Now I'm just working on making sure I don't have to do it all over again...

Added on edit: Say YES. It's usually more fun that way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts