Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only know one other, my son. Is our type really that rare? I can at times notice the types in people I work with, come across in a social setting, etc. but I have never come across someone where I thought ' they seem like an infp'. Ive come across tons of estj's :)

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I've met many more in recent years since I started to immerse myself more into this volunteer work I do.

I can think of 4 INFP women I've know IRL, 1 confirmed INFP man that I met, and possibly a few other men (but am not sure of anything but NF for one and IF for another). I meet way more ISFPs, and when I was first into MBTI, I'd confuse some for INFPs. e4s are tricky too, because I can relate to them, but they are not always INFPs. I've realized how hard it is to type a 4's MBTI type because of the nature of 4s (to be aloof and mysterious). e9s are tricky because so much e9 behavior is associated with IxFPs, but quite a few are not Fi types at all. Anyhow, all but 1 of the INFP women I've known are 9s. Not sure on the men.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Wouldn't know as I don't type people, but I do know one who typed themselves as INFP. My mother might be one as well.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I am aware of one in my poetry class, and there is one that I know from a strange sexual altercation, and there is one that is my friend but I mistyped her as ISFJ at first. I only know one other one well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
3 of my male cousins are INFPs, but I really dont know them that well. Have never had a conversation with them directly. My theater and philosophy professors last semester were INFPs but i dont even know if they knew i existed xD I also had a discussion with a guy in a history class i was in who i thought was an ISTP at first (he didnt like to talk a lot) but for sure when we were discussing world problems and the way he instantly changed his persona to something softer and almost childlike i knew he was an INFP. My first real conversation with one but it disappeared after that time. There is a girl in my design class (really small class, so no im not stalking xP) and i know for sure she is one.

So yeah. Ive met a lot of male INFPs but you can tell how great my socializing skills are and how many people i know personally. INTJs on the other hand....

·
MOTM January 2013
10,593 Posts
I know 1 INFP male who is an enneagram 3w4. Well presented, has high standards for himself, good aesthetic taste. Doesn't present as emotional, longing type 4, it's interesting to see how the 3 core plays out in him, the Te in him seems to almost be reinforced through his need to create results although his lack of confidence at times creates doubt and holds him back. We have some great conversations that I don't get to have with many people.

·
Premium Member
15,018 Posts
Since I retired, none. There used to be some INFPs at work, who I worked with. We used to go to inservices and they identified themselves as INFP after taking the test. Currently my life is surrounded by one ISFJ, 2 ENTJs and I've given up on typing my BFF.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well technically three self reported INFP, but honestly I doubt that two of them actually are.
I always thought one of the persons was INFJ, and with the other one she said she took a test in school but I honestly thought she was an ENFJ.
And my best friend is the third INFP, and she's the only one I know for a fact that is INFP. She's taken the test, and we are such kindred spirits. When she talks about her actions and reactions I just completely think "That is definitely what I would have done!"

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've only really met one, since I don't normally go out and ask people their myers-briggs. I think there are more who would classify though.

The one I met was actually a Counselor when I was treating my own depression a few years back. We were talking about myers-briggs during a support group, and she let on that she herself was an INFP. I was like "really?!" since I never imagined my 'type' to be on the helping side, as opposed to the patient side, and she was like "are you so surprised?"

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have had 3 INFP friends. All were informed on MBTI types and already knew their type. I wouldn't have necessarily pegged them as INFPs. Two of them I met working in retail! (Surprisingly, a lot of my coworkers in retail have been self-identified introverts. People should really let go of the assumption that introverts necessarily have poor social skills.)

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know a few, although to be honest I don't completely trust them. I notice I don't trust some NFs irl generally.. We get along very, very well, I just don't like them.. I can enjoy conversations with them one second, then the next I regret it; it's just I can see they have a lot more maturing to do/are emotionally unhealthy. And I'd really prefer to not be around them while they're in such a state. I find myself more at peace with my SJ and SP friends.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I only know one person who tests and identifies as an INFP. I don't relate to her values and lifestyle but I can see how she's a Fi-Ne. She has some of the bad traits. Ex. trouble leaving poor relationships, looking for someone to save her, lack of direction. And some of the good traits, a dreamer, goofy, fun. Plus she's got those beautiful, magnanimous INFP eyes.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I know two person. The first person was my best friend at high school. She introduced me to literature books and really cute. Everyone seemed like her. She was hyper-sensitive, good at writing, love dreaming, love cats, intelligent, and absolutely.. selfish. And I was... I didn't know that actually I have same personality with her. The difference between she and me is she has good self-esteem and confident, not like me.

The second person is a guy that I met in this college. He is so awkward and very polite. He always laughs when everyone is laughing him or making fun of him. He love cats and dogs and rabbits, and love Japanese stuff.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Three that I know of, I might know more. One is my mom, and two of them are my friends that I get along with really well, we just sorta understand one another :)) well, to a degree, lol. I feel like there's still that invisible shield all INFPs have that you can't really break.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts