Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
286 Posts
Your problem is that you talk to Sensors (Monkeys) which have a Healthy Reward Circulation in their brain so they end up expecting you to have a Playful behavior while N doms "lose themselves" during adulthood.

ENFP

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
All people to some point seem to drain me, as long as I am not in for contact/them. However, there sometimes is this 'harmony', between me and others, that just doesn't seem to drain, nor give me energy.

As for people that never drained me?
Had 1 perfect colleague for that once. Just as much introvert as myself. We could work the entire day without even saying a word, where at the times one of the two needed to vent some words, it was never at the wrong moment for the other.
There was some 'subconscious mutual understanding' of 'sphere' between us. I got home with energy instead of being drained, unless we were interupted by other colleagues from other offices.

In about all the rest of my life, I think I haven't found many people that just know exactly when to approach or just leave me be.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Probably only 1 person: my best friend of 8 years now, though since he got a girlfriend he has become rather annoying to me. I've watched him basically become a doormat for her, unwilling to stand his ground for equality between them—it makes me angry. Then again I can understand it, because I too have been in love and I know how much you just want to make it work. The difference though is that I was unwilling to continue, I wasn't willing to change in order to make it work. To be clear though I don't think either us are better or worse people for how we handle relationships, just different, but it's still something that I don't agree on.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I theorize that talking to intuitives doesn't drain me but talking to sensors does because of differences in communication styles. Since there are fewer intuitives than sensors it would be much more common for intutives to feel drained than sensors; and much more common for intuitives to have fewer people who don't drain them. I also theorize that sensors would feel drained talking to intuitives because they don't want to talk about concepts and ideas, they want to talk about something concrete; so no I'm not biased. :happy: SJ's seem pretty happy amongst themselves. They could probably live amongst themselves forever.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I think probably three persons, the energy between me and this other person was always so "mutual", balanced and stable..

The first one is an INFP-male friend whom I've been a close friend since childhood.

Our friendship is, just wow.. No complains, no conflicts.. Such a smooth ride.

The next one, an INTP-woman.

Years back when we were studying at the same place we would chat at lunches, have deep conversations..

I didn't know before if she was INTP, but when I had read to the MBTI and saw her again, after 4 years, I just knew she's an INTP.

Observant, balanced, warm (in a way which can be felt by other INTP's), facts instead of emotions..

And when the meeting was about to close, we both a bit drunk and even though I knew she was dating with another man, I had to hug her and blurt out,

"You are very important to me."

She answered calmly and shortly,

"Glad to hear it."

Third one, a female, probably also an INTP.

Damn I liked her.. If the previous INTP female was balanced and warm, this one was witty as hell.

It was always a delight to stumble upon her at the corridor.

She at times almost reminded a bit of an ENTP, but I've met ENTP's and I think I know the difference.

I tried to signal her back then that I was interested with these vague methods, but instead I always got her female friend to screen the hell out of me.

"Why are you asking about her?", "What's the real reason you've come here?",

like f'n hell, she sounded like an interrogator! Of course I wasn't going to give her the answers she was hoping to get.
If the person in question would've asked them, perhaps then. Perhaps..

But I think she knew of my interest anyways and she always ended up approaching me at parties, initiating a conversation. And that's why it was always so weird that her friend starts to interrogate the **** out of me.

There was one small event a few weeks ago. I was having a lunch with a female acquaintance of mine, when the INTP-woman entered the building (which I didn't notice). I don't even know how she noticed me from amidst all the people at the diner, but she did nevertheless.

She prepared to greet me when passing by my line of view, knowing I would notice her by then, and waved her hand with a witty smile.

Not having seen her for a whole year, I completely forgot the conversation I was having at the table and started to wave to her, surprised and excited like a little boy :laughing:

But yeah, having food and company at the table, I wasn't going anywhere from the place where I was. I was kind of disappointed that she didn't come to me to have a chat, but oh well.. I guess she didn't want to bother us.

But these are the three people I have the most "non-draining" connection with.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Hasn't an EN__ type ever drained your energy? Not because you don't like them. But because they won't put a lid on the can of worms. It's like, infinite worms.
I googled "do you want worms gif" and this came up instead

·
Registered
INTP
7,070 Posts
I know two.

Then again it depends on environment.

But yeah I currently have two friends who I could spend literally any length of time with and not feel drained.

And still I could only be with them separately. If it was all three of us together, I'd start to feel tetchy.

I don't know why, I've always preferred the company of just one other person at a time. You get to be with their most genuine self. There are no social barriers, they don't put on an act for the crowd or whatever.

I think it's known that INTPs can make people feel their most comfortable, because we have a pure and and almost childish nature. So people feel very much at ease with us. But of course if the crowd gets larger, the chest-beating and egoism starts coming in again.

Sorry, started to ramble a bit.

I can spend 1-on-1 time with quite a lot of people. But yeah I have two friends who come immediately to mind who I would happily always spend time with, and not need to make excuses to leave at any point.

·
Registered
596 Posts
0. There are bad drains and then there are good drains.

·
Registered
447 Posts
God, like 30 or so? I don't deal with most of them now (different schools, moved, social circles, etc.), but I hang out with 14 of them on a weekly basis. And depends on what we're doing. Somethings will still drain me, while other things fire me up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
#theboyf is literally the only one. Sometimes I wonder if I'm more in love with his bed than him. Who's to say really?

Seriously though, I have honestly spent so much time just napping in his room while he plays games or something (I feel so gross after though, I should not be doing nana naps at 20 :/). And yeah I can say I have happily spent 2 weeks+ being in his presence 24/7 and actually missed being with him a bit when I got home again (although I was so exhausted - but that was due to being around his fam. for most of the time)

Reactions: ficsci

·
Registered
54 Posts
Most of my (non-bad-boys) male classmate, and my family. As long we all don't interact at the same time.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
One person. Yup. I once spent a whole week with her with nearly no 'break' and it was all great.

No wait there are two, and yet another one who drains it considerably slower (usually I'm very quick to lose energy around people so after an hour or two I'm all done)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
#theboyf is literally the only one. And yeah I can say I have happily spent 2 weeks+ being in his presence 24/7 and actually missed being with him a bit when I got home again
Ah yes I have been there. She was definitely the only person I've ever met who didn't drain me at all. Sighhh I wonder if I will ever find that again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just two, one of whom I consider to be a perfect human being - everything I can do he can do better. I actually look forward to spending time around these two (that is so rare, I normally actively avoid human contact lol). So I guess anyone whom I feel is better than I am, someone I look up to.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.