Personality Cafe banner

how many pills a day do you take

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
2 a day. Vitamins B and D. I even dip into my nephews flint stone vitamins, they're yummy. I don't believe in taking pills for anything else. I have a high tolerance to pain, i won't pop pills for the sake of it. Pills are bad bad bad :/ Too many Dr. prescribe pills out of pure laziness, mostly because they don't want to get to the root of an issue. Here take these a few times a day, that should cure everything, whatever.

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,065 Posts
Multivitamin and Nexium (for my tummy).

B complex, Omega 3, Vitamin D, etc as needed.

Averages to around 3/day. I suppose I could take up eating vegetables...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Multivitamin and Nexium (for my tummy).

B complex, Omega 3, Vitamin D, etc as needed.

Averages to around 3/day. I suppose I could take up eating vegetables...
You can get a very high quality omega 3 by grinding flaxseeds in an ordinary coffe grinder. It also costs less. And a trick for your tummy: bifidus yogurt. Works great for me.

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,065 Posts
You can get a very high quality omega 3 by grinding flaxseeds in an ordinary coffe grinder. It also costs less. And a trick for your tummy: bifidus yogurt. Works great for me.
I eat probiotic yogurt almost daily, it's a fantastic addition to my diet and really helps! I've been trying to get off my medication for a while now but I find my stomach starts hurting about a week after I stop. I know I will eventually though ^_^ I take fish oils for the Omegas but I will try your suggestion!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't take any pills.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
2 a day. Vitamins B and D. I even dip into my nephews flint stone vitamins, they're yummy. I don't believe in taking pills for anything else. I have a high tolerance to pain, i won't pop pills for the sake of it. Pills are bad bad bad :/ Too many Dr. prescribe pills out of pure laziness, mostly because they don't want to get to the root of an issue. Here take these a few times a day, that should cure everything, whatever.
Have fun with panic attacks and PTSD and not taking pills. If I have a panic attack or get manic, I am fucked! Klonopin is the only thing that does it for me when that happens. That, and I also enjoy taking Vilarian root as well.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Opps, I answered incorrectly.

Okay, I take two tablets of turmeric 3 times a day... or more depending.

2 vit e's

1 zinc

and 2 different antibiotics two times a day.

And depending on those antibiotics, I might pop a diflucan.

sheesh.. :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two a day, though that will be bumped up to three in the very near future. A daily multivitamin, 40 mg Celexa, and within the next few weeks I'll be starting on 150 mg Wellbutrin to hopefully continue chipping away at my Raging Crazy. :tongue:

The other three people I live with take veritable cocktails of 6-10 medications every day. :bored: I don't know how they manage; I'm a little intimidated by the idea of even adding a second medication to my current regimen of crazy pills.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
None.

I tried the vitamin/supplement thing (specifically B3 & fish oil), but I never remember to take it, and then they go bad. It's a waste of money for me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a few that would be good for me to take like zinc and iron particularly, one for my immune system and the other to supplement for the lack of iron in my diet, but I don't because they make me nauseous. I need their benefits but I can't handle that nausea. It's awful.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
SNRI
Calcium + vitamin D
Magnesium

I also take a powdered multivitamin + mineral + herb in juice that has a little bit of everything you can imagine in it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts