Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 4+

Votes: 9 23.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel in love once. I thought it would never happen. Now I wish it never had happened. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I'm never letting it happen again. Once was enough for me.

Are any INFJs prone to falling in love? Or is it hard for you?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it's hard for me to trust and to fall completely in love, but at the same time I long for it. I'm pretty sure I've only been in love once and I still love him, just not in a romantic way. He is studying to become a priest and I know that suits him, so even though it took a long time, I let my self really feel the emotion and then made myself get over it as soon as I could.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You forgot none :)
I'm not sure if I've fallen in love but there was one person who I felt I could be myself around in its entirety and they the same, I care for and love them the most and still do. The level of acceptance and ease of communication there was in that relationship(non-romantic) is still baffling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fell in love once, realized it was a huge mistake AFTER she left me. Fortunately, though, I'm in the middle of falling for someone else who is much better for me as I am to her.
The concept of knowing you are in the "middle of falling in love" is hard for me to understand. For me, there was no "middle" experienced. It was just one day feelings are normal, and the next day I wake up in love with the person. The middle of falling in love sounds like an experience fabricated after actually experiencing love. As if it was a state of mind where you hope to be in love with the other person and believe it's likely based on how things have progressed in the relationship.

Anyway, I fell in love and realized it was a huge mistake DURING the relationship. Especially since the other person was extremely toxic. So I eventually ran away and door slammed, lol.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Almost every time.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I got infatuated with guys I felt a physical attraction with. It's a huge dose of adrenaline to want to get to know a person from inside out. It would consume me for weeks or a couple of months. And then it just....fizzled. It never lasted. Great guys with loads to offer but I lost interest after knowing them and realizing that they were better off being friends. Strangely the physical pull waned, too. I'd no longer feel sexual attraction.

However, falling in love gives me a completely different vibe. It's a burn alright but a deeper and slower burn. It's hard to explain the sensation. I'd be feverish but strangely calm and relaxed. The more I knew the men the more I was sure of never ending sparks from two minds that would continue to dance, impact, and grow.

Also I notice that to love I forgive much easier, not taking things too personally because of the rose color tinted glasses (being subjective). It's cliche but true in saying that true love is giving and unselfish. No matter the outcome, if the guy I love is happy, I am happy for him. It's more about his well being than mine.

With Infatuation I didn't have on the glasses therefore it's easier for me to be objective and rational (leaving the guy wasn't hard and didn't affect me deeply). It's easy for me to be self serving and not as concern about the guy's feelings for me.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
I've fallen in love once in 11th grade.

But I'm on my way to doing it again. c:

I would say I am prone to fall HARD, but not often.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
3 x

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had many crushes when I was younger (artichoke heart) but they have always been "unrequited".
It has been eight years since I haven't fallen in love. I learned to take some distance and that's a good thing.

·
Registered
INFJ
1,326 Posts
Honestly, I don’t think I have. Only because my definition of love is a life time commitment.

I feel like the longer I’m with someone, the more I love them? However, since all 4 of my relationships failed, I question myself a lot “was that really love? Or some kind of deep infatuation?”.

These days I think if I met someone who really was my soulmate (in every way) and we got married, maybe then I can call it love. Until then, I don’t really consider failed relationships love. I think my definition of love is different :unsure:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Honestly, I don’t think I have. Only because my definition of love is a life time commitment.

I feel like the longer I’m with someone, the more I love them? However, since all 4 of my relationships failed, I question myself a lot “was that really love? Or some kind of deep infatuation?”.

These days I think if I met someone who really was my soulmate (in every way) and we got married, maybe then I can call it love. Until then, I don’t really consider failed relationships love. I think my definition of love is different :unsure:
I find myself questioning previous relationships like this for the same reason.

When I have felt myself 'to be in love' I have always loved unconditionally.

9,999 Posts
So far, about three times.
Sometimes when I read threads like this, I'm thinking to myself "darn, I'd hate to have been one of those zero, or the "about" in three..."

:unsure:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts