Personality Cafe banner

How many times have you, my fellow 6s, switched your Enneagram type label?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wonder how stable have you been in your Enneagram typing... I am pretty fickle, have changed my type label here definitely more than 10 times :laughing: That's hardly the only thing that keeps changing in my life, btw. The SO has been the same these last seven years though (yay for us).

Anyway, I just wonder how stable has your sense of being a Six been? I want to know if I'm the most fickle here :kitteh:

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I have "been" 6, 4, 5 and Unknown Type. Switched between those types quite a bit (6, 4, 5, Unknown, 5, 6, Unkown, 6). I have considered 9 as well. But I don't think I've ever had it as a label. The Unknown times were also basically when I considered 4 again but didn't dare to choose it as a label because I was too unsure about it and people thought I'm not a 4 anyway. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have "been" 6, 4, 5 and Unknown Type. Switched between those types quite a bit (6, 4, 5, Unknown, 5, 6, Unkown, 6). I have considered 9 as well. But I don't think I've ever had it as a label.
Heh, mine is probably 4, U, 6, U, 4, U, 6, 2, 4, U, 7, 6, U, 4, U, 6. And I'm not even kidding! My most unknown moments have been those when I have had absolutely no idea :unsure:

The Unknown times were also basically when I considered 4 again but didn't dare to choose it as a label because I was too unsure about it and people thought I'm not a 4 anyway. :laughing:
OMG aren't you sweet :laughing:

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I was pretty convinced earlier this week i was a 6w7. I've only considered 7 aside from that. I maybe reading it all wrong or comparing myself to extreme cases, although when i read about the extreme cases using words like panic, frozen with fear and so on, i question myself. I've don't recall ever feeling this extreme panic nor frozen with fear. For me its more about creating negative thoughts about circumstances of the unknown. I'm not sure if the extreme is making the correlation with 6 , or if mild cases like mine are still considered a 6. I've read here that some 6s suffer from this daily, it never goes away. For me its quite the opposite, when i do suffer it isn't pleasant , although i can go mts without ever feeling any anxiety....so, still searching i suppose.

Reactions: zallla

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I was pretty convinced earlier this week i was a 6w7. I've only considered 7 aside from that. I maybe reading it all wrong or comparing myself to extreme cases, although when i read about the extreme cases using words like panic, frozen with fear and so on, i question myself. I've don't recall ever feeling this extreme panic nor frozen with fear. For me its more about creating negative thoughts about circumstances of the unknown. I'm not sure if the extreme is making the correlation with 6 , or if mild cases like mine are still considered a 6. I've read here that some 6s suffer from this daily, it never goes away. For me its quite the opposite, when i do suffer it isn't pleasant , although i can go mts without ever feeling any anxiety....so, still searching i suppose.
I don't think 6w7s are that consciously aware of their anxiety. I'm not most of the time. I only radiate it and I act hysterically (reactively) without ever realising that I was actually being anxious. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think a Six has to be frozen because of anxiety. My mum is like the most phobic Six I know and she still dares to do things, she rarely gets frozen - quite the contrary, she's busy finding security somewhere ;) I by myself am not that phobic. I might sense a risk and then just enjoy the experience and do it anyway.

But anyway, it's in the core of type Six to question or somehow find security - instincts have a major effect on this! I had major difficulties to recognize how much trust and security issues I have. The reliable and responsible community-oriented version of Six - that applies better to my SO who is social subtype Six - is so much NOT like me that it took me some time to see type Six as a true possibility and even when I could notice I question things all those main issues were hard to get. Nowadays I make jokes about my Sixish nature, it's just so obvious ^_^

·
Registered
595 Posts
I first typed myself as 6w5 after reading descriptions but I could be wrong, I haven't changed. First test got 6w5 with high 4 and 3 aswell. Just did a test and got 6w5 and second 1w2.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I believe I am a 9w1 that mistyped as a 6w7 after all of the research I have done.
A six may quite possibly be in my tri-type though. I haven't figured mine out yet and only time will tell.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Once. But that option isn't up there. :( I thought I was a Nine.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think I tested 4 at one point. It didn't seem to bring anything more to the table, for me. Considering, it seemed pretty similar to being an NF. Then I took the test at one point and got six. Went to personalitycafe.com to change it and I guess I had taken the test in the past and had gotten that and it was already on my profile. I had withdrawn from the INFP forum and kind of poked around this forum when I wasn't writing blogs.

It was very helpful finding out I was a 6 because it put an explanation to things. It helped me understand and hone in on my motivations for things. It helped me understand, being a w5 as well, why I withdrew from people and shut them out. It put some explanation to why I had performance anxiety in sports. When I ran cross country I ran my mile 30 seconds faster when it wasn't a race day. I found out why I went through like 15 jobs when I was younger. It helped me understand why sometimes I don't even trust my love ones. Man, it was helpful. I relate to 1's when I'm more certain, 9's when I'm more relaxed, 4's when I'm being less scientific and following my feelings, and 5's when I'm staying up late writing poetry, working on a project, etc.

I also retook MBTI and tested INFJ a couple of times. I really relate to them and like a lot of em. But, I don't know that I can come to conclusions so swiftly. I think I'm more like an INFJ with time, but am not, just trying to be. I like dreaming and really sorting out what I want to put my time into, but I also want to wrap stuff up and get stuff done. I think that's from being a 6w5 and why I relate to that mbti type.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Only once, I was mistyped as 9w8 and whereas, after taking the test, I got my results.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Changes in PerC label? 4 to 10 times. Changes in my label? Millions of times, almost infinite hahahaha xD

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
At least you guys have an active forum with similarly minded people. That must be nice. There aren't a lot of people in the 8 forum to discuss feelings of isolation, alienation, why green skittles are the best etc. Just a lot of finger pointing at how 90% of 8's are mistypes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts