Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say a 6 enneagram is a common enneagram, but there are no real 6w5 descriptions for enfps or entps. I know this is probably due to a low correlation rate but I'm still sure someone can make a reasonably accurate depiction of what a 6w5 enxp might look like. Or at least, be it these do exist on the forum, a personal description? I just can't figure how such an introverted enneagram might change this type. But I know it is a possibility.

·
Banned
898 Posts
I have often seen Alicia Silverstone typed as ENFP 6w5... She's interesting... I remember loving Clueless as a teenager and she seemed a natural fit for the role, but I saw her interviewed about it and she seemed pretty quiet and reserved, saying things like "I'm not into clothes [like my character]" and she took the character's transition from someone kind of vapid into someone humanitarian quite seriously. She would star in racy music videos as a kid but then became passionate about animal rights and started a family as an adult... Kind of a mixed bag of traits, I guess. Hedonistic but quiet about it I guess, with a serious side.

Edit: Oh! How could I forget. Bill Hicks. He was kind of the same...very hedonistic but deeply humanitarian, and more reserved and family-oriented than you would think from his stand up, I would say.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have often seen Alicia Silverstone typed as ENFP 6w5... She's interesting... I remember loving Clueless as a teenager and she seemed a natural fit for the role, but I saw her interviewed about it and she seemed pretty quiet and reserved, saying things like "I'm not into clothes [like my character]" and she took the character's transition from someone kind of vapid into someone humanitarian quite seriously. She would star in racy music videos as a kid but then became passionate about animal rights and started a family as an adult... Kind of a mixed bag of traits, I guess. Hedonistic but quiet about it I guess, with a serious side.

Edit: Oh! How could I forget. Bill Hicks. He was kind of the same...very hedonistic but deeply humanitarian, and more reserved and family-oriented than you would think from his stand up, I would say.
Oh wow. Bill hicks was a 6w5?...I can see that. Funny how sixes don't always seem too security focused..

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think I am ENFP 6w5

I have a lot of male ENFP traits, like to dance, have some girly gestures, talk a lot, and like being the center of attention.
However I've always described myself as some sort of INTP-y ENFP. It might be due to my enneagram being 6w5.
And all those traits I've cited before are far from being of INTP nature most of the time.

I checked out Bill Hicks and made a summary of some things we might have in common and thus would be signs of ENXP 6w5ness:
big gestures, facial expressions, communicate interrogations about some stuff that sounds illogical or shocking, having theories, making links with things we said in the past often, need of honesty and truth.
Bill Hicks would have written in his testament 'I left in love, laughter and truth, and wherever love, truth and laughter abide, I'm there in spirit'. I think this is right on point.

Maybe ENFP 6w5 seem like they use Ti -I don't really know how to explain it properly-: Bill Hicks makes a lot of jokes based on the way he understands things or on the backstory he made up for a joke and as I said earlier, there is also a big use of logistics questionning.

I am often pointed at for being extremy rational (people usually say TOO rational, too bad for them), wanting to know a word and checking the definition of that word when people use it to be sure we mean the same thing. I end up questionning my rationalism a lot. It can be fun and lead to great conclusions that either make me crack up or lead me to have a 'a-ha' moments but it is also very unsettling understanding that logics is subjective and that I live in my own rational world which is different from any other person's rational world.

I tend to use humor, dark humor, a lot. I laugh at the taboo subjects and people who dare talk about things crudely (see Bill Hicks's 'Suck my own dick' skit) because I like when people say the truth like it is.
I love poetic things as well.

On the everyday life, I'm a book-worm, read tons of article about the different thing that intrigate me. Under stress, I show an angry side but it's clearly out of fear. When I'm surrounded by people I feel some stability and love with though, it is highly impossible to get on my nerves. I will get irritated if I'm not genuinely listened to and will appreciate people, paraphrasing or questioning parts of what I say. I'm really projecting myself into the future and am at the same time an idealist/optimist and a realist down to earth. I am extremely curious.
I can get a bit mystic as well, my theory is that I'm part of the universe who is guiding me and I can choose to follow his directions/hints or tell it to go fuck itself. The thing is that I am part of the universe as well and if I want to make good things happen, I can influence the universe the other way around as well [but sometimes, I am contradicting his hints doing so, and then bad things happen :/ ]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bill Hicks's laugh also sounds similar to mine:

(at 7:20)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts