Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So aside from cognitive function differences, entp and enfp females can seem quite similar. Especially because they share the same Dom func. So how can you pinpoint differences in say, social cues?
Stuff they talk about, the way they talk about it, confidence, seriousness?
Or even if you do want to go into cognitive functions how will Introverted Thinking make the female look different to Introverted Feeling other than basing choices on subjective logic rather than personal values (this can be hard to see in people at first)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I have ENTP and ENFP friends.
ENTP is always about new ideas, always arguing(friendly) for it. She can sometimes be a bit rude, but it's always nice to have a chat with her.
My ENFP friend... she's just really sociable and always somehow makes me trust her and open up a bit.
So ENTP maybe cares less about emotions or how others feel? Or it's just my experience :)
Anyway both types are really cool :encouragement:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
This is actually an interesting question, since I used to have a lot harder time differentiating female ENTP's from ENFP's, when talking to them in person.

While both can give off incredibly fun and warm vibes, the obvious difference is how they do it. One being more prone to finding common interests through personal values and dislikes, while the other leans on the impersonal. Even their choice of words often reflects this.

My advice, listen closely to what they say :) You'll see the difference.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Same as ENTP males vs. ENFP males: More driven about the ''truth'' of things then what said things mean to them. More likely to bruise people with their bluntness yet having sharp diplomatic skills to save them (Fe).

·
Registered
295 Posts
ENFP: Super social, super extroverted, very relationship-oriented.
ENTP: More of an ambivert, sarcastic, has a sort of mean or dark sense of humor, more knowledge-oriented.

Basically one is social and nice, the other is less social and probably comes off as rude or mean even when they don't mean to.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Mmm, I think both ENTP and ENFP are somewhat ambiverts though.

ENFP's Fi may make them very selective about who they engage with. And Ne is clearly not as socially oriented as Se. Meanwhile ENTPs are indeed focused on things and systems (as is every thinking type) but they also have Fe.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
ENTP and ENFP males may appear similar on surface but ENTP and ENFP females? I think that's clear-cut.
ENFP females are much more sociable, usually more abrupt, more talkative, while ENTP females are much less confident in their social skills, and they're probably a lot more geeky.

Picture something like this:

ENFP:

ENTP:

I don't know if they are actually ENFP and ENTP but I have something like this in my mind.

I'll probably get that Bernadette is a lot more talkative than Tifa but what the hell. I didn't find another geeky girl in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Very obvious. Enfp will be "all about me", feelings and relationships. And ask questions which are about others, but really all about me, experiences. My female enfp has an attention problem she dresses to get attention a lot. Enter will be all about learning about how things work in the big picture. So different how is this even a question! Kidding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
But also, it depends on what the ENTP is interested in. I am very interested in analyzing people, understanding how they work, what their body language means and what I can say to make them feel A or B - An entp can also be empathetic and have good social skills, depending on whether they are interested in psychology and social science - that's at least the case for me. But I'm also surrounded by a vast amount of feelers, so I had to develop my Fe in order to not get shit from everyone constantly :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
ENTP females, in my experience (I've met maybe like 3 others), are just a lil rougher. You don't know exactly where you stand, there's not a docile warmth readily available. You have to earn their kindness and their gentle nature that's buried, but not too deep. Assholes by nature, but you'll only see that part of them if you've gotten past the first rounds of their preliminary jokes. ENTP females are likely to dress contemporary but with something a little twisted, maybe that shows their personality. Classic style, nothing too offensive or off-putting. At work, I think there's something lowkey capable about them. Think Jim from the office, ENTPs may seem lightly okay with mediocre ambitions.
ENFPs have a slightly hippy vibe. Piercings, tattoos, colored hair. Not afraid to be bold. Usually something "hot" about them, they're feisty and passionate about! things! Really fun vibe, but moody and when they need their alone time, let me tell you, they're not fun to be around. Nice with everyone, but not like gonna get stepped on, and sometimes can fight back in a way that's not in their nature, and you're like damn....where did that come from... Will talk to your parents. Will pet dogs. Will have various interests that span from Shakespeare to oceans.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mmm, I think both ENTP and ENFP are somewhat ambiverts though.

ENFP's Fi may make them very selective about who they engage with. And Ne is clearly not as socially oriented as Se. Meanwhile ENTPs are indeed focused on things and systems (as is every thinking type) but they also have Fe.
Very true about ENFPs and their Fi. My brother is ENFP, I'm INTP. In general he is warmer and more sociable than me, but he also dislikes people a lot more easily than I do, and is more proactive about shutting out toxic people. People with Fi in some ways are less forgiving than people with Fe.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hm, @latetotheparty really hit the nail on the head tbh, but I'll try add to what she said without completely copying off her.

The biggest giveaway for me is that ENFPs really want people to like them. Whether they realise it or not, they're often actively trying to please others and are quite wounded when somebody expresses dislike for them. ENTPs may be a little hurt, depending on the circumstances, but they aren't as phased. They're just not as preoccupied with making everyone think the sun shines out of their ass.

ENFPs are good at getting people to like them, too. They give off a warmer, friendlier, and more inviting vibe. As mentioned above, ENTP females come across as a little... rougher. They definitely don't give off the "warm and fuzzies" upon first meeting them. Though ENTPs possess a gentle and caring side to them, it's buried just below the surface, and is not as readily apparent like it is for ENFPs.

The communication styles happen to have some subtle differences, too. ENTPs are more sarcastic, less dramatic. They are assholes in the sense that they like to tease/joke, and a lot of their first interactions with someone is testing how much they can handle. They also have a tendency to be more bluntly honest, too. In some cases, I'd even say they're a little more smug than ENFPs.

This one is heavily based on personal experience, but I've also found ENFPs to be worse at handling criticism. They are much quicker to deny and defend - and it's a pattern I've noticed even here on the forums.

Finally, there are recurring conflicts in my personal friendships with ENFPs, too. I can get pretty irritated when they're being downright irrational or selfish. They can find me arrogant or mean, primarily due to that blunt honesty.

·
Registered
133 Posts
from my experience ENFP's are more friendly in the initial greeting to getting to know them phase. But they do tend to lash out quite easily over emotional shit. ENTP's are charming and funny until you get to know them and they start doing or saying things that might get a reaction from you. Also ENFP's will try to salvage or maintain the relationship while ENTP's could care less.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts