Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of texts about INTP, how we are, our strengths, our weakness, etc. trying to see if I'd really relate to INTP. I were not much sure I was INTP even after reading all them because when I considered I was an INTP I'd read another text and it'd change all my ideas about myself. So, I decided to consider the informations that kept repeating in all texts as more important and the extra information given for each text would be only details, important or not whether they contradict each other. I think I fit 90% with INTP descriptions in general, even more when I was younger. And you, INTPs, how much do you think you fit with what you've been reading about INTP? And what article would you relate the most after reading?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have read the profiles here INTP profile - Typology Central

and hereAn INTP Profile

While subtle differences between the type profile descriptions and myself exist, there are too many similarities to ignore. I have read through every other type descriptions at one time or another and INTP lines up with me most accurately. In fact the other descriptions outright contradict me at one point or another.

Reactions: calcifer

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I don't relate.. Lol..

Though I will inquire, if you have doubts, you can always do supplementary Enneagram and SLOAN tests. These will assist in accommodating difference which may occur from the development of your traits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've taken the MBTI 3 times and always equated as INTP. As far as accuracy in description I would say it is about 80% correct. I cannot recall specific articles. I am also very closely related to other types as well.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
I match with the NTP part of it.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
I think I'm a bit less flexible than most of us, and I don't seem to have the stereotypical INTP tastes and interests at all.
How do your tastes and interests differ from the stereotypical INTP?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The first time I read the "An INTP Profile" I felt that I had finally found my way home.
I'd say 80% as well.
It is most likely that the way we perceive things makes us think we are more like or unlike the INTP description.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The first time I read the "An INTP Profile" I felt that I had finally found my way home.
I'd say 80% as well.
It is most likely that the way we perceive things makes us think we are more like or unlike the INTP description.
I can see that. Its a question about not fully understanding one self (reference to the johari window), marging of error and generally the idea that you as a person is on a constant journey (hippie is me, I know).

·
Registered
784 Posts
I find all the descriptions apply in some manner... Some people are like YEP YOU ARE DEFFINATELY INFJ, and others are more like "hmm... I don't see it." while others more like me are like "So, does that mean you DO or DONT like parmesean cheese on spaghetti?" (And I DO!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I find all the descriptions apply in some manner... Some people are like YEP YOU ARE DEFFINATELY INFJ, and others are more like "hmm... I don't see it." while others more like me are like "So, does that mean you DO or DONT like parmesean cheese on spaghetti?" (And I DO!)
I loved the parmesean cheese part.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Haha we INTPs are very alike.
I too envy my personality from a young age.
I know it's probably another one of my ridiculous theories but... are you a fan of The Beatles?
I was also confused when reading all the different texts on INTPs. Some things were uncharacteristic of me I thought but when I read other personality types they were completely wrong.
I know I'm INTP. I thought I was ISTP but they are good at sensing feelings :p
An easy way to tell what you are is by what the others are UNCHARACTERISTIC of.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I honestly can't say that it really clicked with me since for sometime I honestly thought I was an INTJ. I even acted very much like one for most of last year. I have read multiple times that INTP's show very chameleon like traits and I found that I am no different. My personality has shifted so much I honestly am not sure which type I actually am. The only thing that has stuck with me is how I perceived the world and how I am most comfortable in my current random eccentric state. The cognitive functions test has helped, but as expected I would even score high in the appropriate functions at a given time which has rendered them quite useless. The test I took that I deemed to have the least bias is the one I sticking with for now. I am just one very confused individual.:dry:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I honestly can't say that it really clicked with me since for sometime I honestly thought I was an INTJ. I even acted very much like one for most of last year. I have read multiple times that INTP's show very chameleon like traits and I found that I am no different. My personality has shifted so much I honestly am not sure which type I actually am. The only thing that has stuck with me is how I perceived the world and how I am most comfortable in my current random eccentric state. The cognitive functions test has helped, but as expected I would even score high in the appropriate functions at a given time which has rendered them quite useless. The test I took that I deemed to have the least bias is the one I sticking with for now. I am just one very confused individual.:dry:
Here's all I have to say: Stop trying to impress people.
It'll come naturally ^-^

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here's all I have to say: Stop trying to impress people.
It'll come naturally ^-^
I don't... I have just been in circumstances that caused a shift. Please don't jump to conclusions and say such strange things for an INTP. :tongue:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't... I have just been in circumstances that caused a shift. Please don't jump to conclusions and say such strange things for an INTP. :tongue:
Sorry. Just more of my ridiculous theorizing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very strongly. Reading about the INTP archetype was rather uncanny, especially the profile written by Paul James. Almost all of it resonated with me quite strongly, and the only glaring exception I can think of off the top of my head is that I don't like the sci-fi genre very much.

Oh, and I suppose I'm somewhat atypical in that I'm rather sensitive when it comes to romantic relationships, and can become very emotional and sentimental with my partner, and so I'm not at all emotionally unavailable for them… but I also get the feeling that a lot of other INTPs are much the same way. I'm also a rather Accommodating and conscientious type of person, identifying with the RxUAI personality types from the SLOAN model much more strongly than the RxUEI types which are typically associated with INTPs. Even so, I strangely have little doubt that I'm INTP and not INFP — I'm always admonished by my friends for over-analyzing things, and am rather self-aware in regards to how my mind processes information.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts