Personality Cafe banner

How much of a percentage does physical attributes determine compatibility for you?

• 100%

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • 90%

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 80%

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • 70%

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • 60%

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • 40%

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • 30%

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • 20%

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 10%

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • 0%

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a percentage does physical attributes determine compatibility for you?

Reactions: Grey and TurranMC

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
20% -- There are very few physical features that would make it impossible for me to become attracted to a person, but I do have my biases. I'm more likely to be initially attracted to some people than others.

There are some people who I'm attracted to for their appearance without knowing anything about them, and I remain attracted to them even after I learn lots of things about them I don't like very much. On the other hand, there's some people for whom there has to be something interesting or extra about their personality which sort of outweighs their physical unattractiveness. I'm not saying it's right, but this is how I currently operate.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is this some dating related question? I don't understand it.

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
853 Posts
I place value on appearances since they reflect someone's personality (for example, the amount of effort they put into things), but don't think I can answer this question using math or numbers. I like Randall Munroe's description of things like this:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Really depends on the person. I can be extremely physically attracted to someone, yet if someone has a stellar personality looks naturally take the backseat (within limits of course). Also, I will not accept into my life someone who doesn't maintain every aspect of their being. This had made it hard for me because most humans are weak in one area (many times more) and don't seek to improve themselves. I'd rather be alone though than compromise my standards.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm extremely disappointed to see that I'm the only now who voted zero so far. I can't imagine any rational person even saying one tenth of a person's value is appearance-based, and feel very little hope for the state of humanity when I hear things like this. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
70%. Fuck me, I'm shallow. It's what attracts me to people in the first place.

Reactions: Lucretius

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I'm extremely disappointed to see that I'm the only now who voted zero so far. I can't imagine any rational person even saying one tenth of a person's value is appearance-based, and feel very little hope for the state of humanity when I hear things like this. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Nobody subscribes to your ideals though Snail. We are human being. There is nothing wrong with our opinion. If I were 100% into looks then that is my prerogative. You don't need to tell me I am wrong or an evil person either. It isn't your place.

·
Registered
838 Posts
mm.. around 50% - 60%, since before knowing the person, looks is all I can base my attraction off of, although their attitude and how they carry themselves might be an even bigger factor than pure physical attractiveness. After knowing the person though, it feels as if more I like their personality, the more attractive they tend to become in my eyes (or perhaps I start to ignore physical attributes I don't like). Hell, it's not only once where I had a bit of a crush on someone I don't find physically attractive. Of course, physical attractiveness always do serve as a bit of a bonus in the sides. :happy:

tl;dr: 60% initially, <20% later.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol. I feel that your honesty is sound. I think that this poll is going to be a fail because many people will not be honest with their answers. They want to sound as noble as possible.

Nobody subscribes to your ideals though Snail. We are human being. There is nothgin wrogn with our opinion. If I were 100% into looks then that is my prerogative. You don't need to tell me I am wrong or an evil person either. It isn't your place.
YOUR EVIL!!!:tongue:

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I'd debate it with you Snail but I rather not derail the thread. Make another thread if you'd like to discuss this.
I'd hit that

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Lol. I feel that your honesty is sound. I think that this poll is going to be a fail because many people will not be honest with their answers. They want to sound as noble as possible.

YOUR EVIL!!!:tongue:
Haha, I never actually told you my answer :tongue:

Reactions: Irulan and Grey

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I'm the highest. :laughing:

I'm not ashamed, I mean yes, personality is good, but looks is what makes your heart race. Without looks I would hardly look at a person from a romantic point of view. The guy could be nice, do nice things for me, ect: But if there is no looks there, then there is no future. But if there personality is not compatible with mine, I would move on.
I don't really understand people who say looks don't matter, of course they do.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I'm the highest. :laughing:

I'm not ashamed, I mean yes, personality is good, but looks is what makes your heart race. Without looks I would hardly look at a person from a romantic point of view. The guy could be nice, do nice things for me, ect: But if there is no looks there, then there is no future. But if there personality is not compatible with mine, I would move on.
I don't really understand people who say looks don't matter, of course they do.
LOL and this is why ENFP relationships FAIL! :cool:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.