Personality Cafe banner

How much of a percentage does physical attributes determine compatibility for you?

• 100%

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • 90%

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 80%

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • 70%

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • 60%

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • 40%

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • 30%

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • 20%

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 10%

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • 0%

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I answered 10%. But this isn't a question of choice, or a question of will. The poll is useless to a degree because this particular issue is inate to each of us. It depends on a wide range of variables. Let it be known that all of us fall in love more or less self-centeredly because of the Anima and Animus, which are the female personality inside the male and male personality inside the female. Secondly the Anima and Animus have different levels that progress, for example the first level of the animus is the athlete. Girls who have their animus in the Athlete stage will always like big muscly individuals(physical attribute) A healthy psychological individual goes or ... should go through all stages in their life...it's called growing up... I don't want beauty at the expense of the capacity for caring, bonding. This is what holds a mature relationship. Besides that, physical attraction dissappears within 3 years no matter how beautiful are the participants. Of course flings are flings, but you can't expect to build something on a fundation that grows old...and inevitably ugly as sh*t :tongue:

·
Banned
31 Posts
mine was 10% because its almost impossible for me to notice your physical body, i can strain myself and look at it, but not for a long time.. :mellow:

Reactions: Irulan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Pandalium are you really emotionless or are you really hiding behind a great wall...like the more versatile NF's?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I said thirty percent, as initially I am not extremely hung up on how someone looks (though it is probably higher than 30%). After a week or two, that slides down to zero. I honestly lose all objectivity on the matter and a person's personality is 100 percent of how I view them in regards to attraction. That being said, girls who’s bodies are soft (i.e. they never workout) has always been a deal break for me. You can be ugly as sin, but if you workout or are involved in sports, there is something about your personality I will probably like. If you can’t be bothered to get off the couch, even though your parents blessed you will goddess’ body, I will most likely not be still attracted to you within the week because of your personality. BTW, overweight people can still be athletic… and skinny fat people can still be worthless, err I am meant unattractive in the long term.

·
Registered
771 Posts
depends, see generall hangout i dont really care how they look but in term of seeking a date/bf/spouse/mate (you guys know what i mean) i think i have to find a person who i think is handsome (imo, btw) because loving a person do involve appreciating you loved one's appearence

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would say its somewhere between 30 to 40%, enough to play a role but not enough to overwelm personality. I would imagine most people feel the same way. Looks (and this includes style - a different haircut can completely change how attractive I find a girl to be) are important because if you are going to go out with one another at some point you will actually have to look at one another.

They arent the be all and end all though. If I actually find someone unattractive physically (which isnt really that common) there is nothing in their personality that will make me see them as relationship material. If I am neutral to someone (not the prettiest girl in the room but not unattractive either) it will only take a little something personality wise to spark my interest. If I find someone to be particuarly attractive physically but I later find out that there isnt much going on personality wise (at least it terms of what Im looking for in a partner) it just kills it stone dead for me.

Physically attractive (to me at least) and an awesome personality(to me at least) is the ideal for me. Women who go on and on about the objectification of women and how it disempowers them doesnt understand the effect that a beautiful woman can have on a man. All a beautiful woman has to do to turn a normally intelligent, articulate man into a nervous wreck is breathe.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Different haircut? I couldn't give a crap. They can wear suits with polka dots for all i care and be bald:)) I set high intellectual

standards. Any woman that doesn't have a genuine interest in philosophy, science or the arts can go f*ck themselves

because...they bore me to death. Have you ever been with a gorgeous girl in one day to 6 shopping malls, for twelve fuckin

hours of window shopping in the end just buying a freakin pack of cigarettes and talk in those 12 hours about make-up?

.....She was hot as hot can be but...no....it ain't worth it...not in my book...some men can simply ignore those kind of

talks...personally it freaks me out....i feel i'd die before my time:))

·
Registered
959 Posts
70% but it really depends, as most people have said, on personality and how much I like the person.
If you like a person enough looks shouldn't be the thing that stops you from being with the other. =]

·
Registered
20 Posts
People can say what they want about how bad it is when so much importance is placed on something like beauty or how bad it is when people judge based on it. All i know is that no one would would consider someone they thought was unattractive for a boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband we can talk about right or wrong all day still you wouldn't go for someone you thought was unattractive.

·
Registered
892 Posts
People can say what they want about how bad it is when so much importance is placed on something like beauty or how bad it is when people judge based on it. All i know is that no one would would consider someone they thought was unattractive for a boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband we can talk about right or wrong all day still you wouldn't go for someone you thought was unattractive.
I believe that you are correct in this assessment, but what makes a person attractive differs from one individual to the next. To some people attractiveness is entirely personality-based, and I believe that that is more or less what this thread was attempting to address.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I voted 40% (I'm thinking 30% maybe). Personality to me is more important. That being said, 40%/30% is still a significant proportion and it's still very important to me that my partner be physically attractive; I'm not looking for "60%" of love.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.