Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Level 1: Power and Control

distorted Ne:*brash, rebellious, hasty, novelty-seeking; can jump from one task to another without completing anything

distorted Ti: blunt, confrontational, adversarial, abrasive, condescending, unwilling to listen, purposely push people’s buttons

under intense stress or in the grip of Si:*judgmental, obsessive, withdrawn, mask imperfections, fear of judgment or being seen as incompetent, unaware of how they impact others, unaware of how others view them, oversensitive to physical “symptoms” of ill health

Level 2: Social Identification

Ne:*need to maintain ego image as nonconformist, spontaneous, exciting; seek out and enjoy being an influential member of a group; unintentionally offensive

ego defense:*condescending to those who are different; consider own group superior to others

Level 3: Personal Identity

Ne: generate new ideas, energetic, light-hearted, humorous, competitive, enjoy independence, want to be intellectually challenged; can be insensitive to others when pursuing improvement

ego defense:*easily bored; scattered approach to work in order to avoid responsibility; flippant glib, outspoken, interrogative, impatient, impulsive, abrupt, dismissive, seek to be the center of attention

see S preference as inflexible and conformist; see J preferences as uptight

Level 4: Determined Action

Ne: versatile, energetic, rational, objective, curious, change-oriented, aware of future possibilities, interest in self-improvement

start to notice blind spots like:*poor attention to practical details, lack of motivation to complete tasks, interpersonal insensitivity

ego defense:*still feel confined by routine procedure and dismiss emotional implications/details

start to see*some*value in S and F preferences as long as they do not go too far against their own preferences; somewhat more accepting of alternative perspectives; can accept “valuable” negative feedback

Level 5: Considerate Individualism

Ne: innovative, creative, entrepreneurial

Ti: strategic, conceptual, critically evaluate ideas before implementing

start to see more value in S and F preferences; feel more comfortable with “what is” rather than always focusing on “what could be”; more willing to consider impact on people; better mentors

access to Fe:*energetic, positive, inspiring

Level 6: Integration and Authenticity

Balanced Ne+Ti:*innovative, resourceful, imaginative, enterprising, ingenious, adaptable, insightful, visionary, motivating, seeing hidden patterns, creating global solutions, sensitive to environment, catalyst for change, see potential in others, good at reading others

less need to defend their ego image of being different or original

can start to use S and F preferences appropriately; able to just “be” with people without expectations; more mindful of the present moment and the body; comfortable with stability*

access to Si:*enjoy physical activities that promote physical health; enjoy activities that require careful attention to details; take more downtime for meditation and reflection on the past

Level 7: Transpersonal Perspective

realize that the need for innovation and improvement is driven by ego

accepting of differences; value other perspectives, especially recognizing that not everyone wants to strive for originality

can integrate S, N, T, F preferences; freed from black and white thinking and able to see a “third” viable perspective to work from

MBTI & Development: ENTP - Type Theory

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oscillating betwween level 3 and level 4. I aspire at level 5, but my first difficulty is to not fall back into level 3 ! Very interesting classification of the levels of development !

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. So guys, lesson:

If an entp is developing emotions or sensory awareness, it only means he/she's developing. Not being mistyped.

Okay??

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My Ne is in all levels

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Level 8: Why do you care? If you want to get up in people's grill then perhaps you should figure out what type you identify with and not hide behind "unknown".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me put it this way:
In my Government class, we're having a mock senate and I debated against one of the Bills. However, when it was time to vote to pass that Bill onto the next stage of debate, I raised my hand for it to pass.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I will keep it simple. N, T and P is DEFINITELY. But I and E sometimes mix, but I am still in NO shape or form an Introvert!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hard to choose a favorite.
Kill me.
Let's go with Level 24:
So done with life and its bullshit.

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm infinitely myself but its mostly indefinite. level 9001/0.

Things like this just really seems like putting everyone into a box. is there a list of rules i must follow to be here or something? :exterminate:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm actually pretty close to an INTP...my E is only like 53%. You can get 10 MBTI "experts" (does such a thing exist?) and 5 of them will think I'm an INTP and 5 of them will think I'm an ENTP. My thought process is more ENTP, but my actions are more INTP oriented, but that's mostly due to laziness.

My P is like 95%...yes, I'm serious.

My N is also pretty high...maybe like 73%. But I'm not completely sensor hopeless, I just can't ever remember my surroundings...ever.

My T and F are pretty close, but I lean more towards T. My Fe is quite high, but the Ne/Ti always takes precedence (obviously).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Interesting...
For me, I think 5 done, enjoying already some aspects of 6 and envisioning others of 7 (as specially learning how to use 'J' stuff (Te) to improve management vision and 'F' (Fe) stuff to glue the team into shared ambitions). The only that does not fit is that I score extremely low in Si....

He he... Last trimester I did a lot of leadership/business organization courses, I never expected to enjoying them so much!!! And I was not the only one, other 2 ENTPs in the class we were really overtaking at everyone else (we did not had any ENTJ). It was really funny see so much ISxx and ESxx fully lost and incompetent to grasp even the minimum. Did anybody had similar experiences ? Any ENTP with MBA?
But, @atamagasuita , aren't you here mixing functions and motivations?? MTBI is not ennegram!! :tongue:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm infinitely myself but its mostly indefinite. level 9001/0.

Things like this just really seems like putting everyone into a box. is there a list of rules i must follow to be here or something? :exterminate:
I understand perfectly your reaction and I share that IF this is a list of rules, for sure I'll join with you to destroy them. But... these are no rules... look: is for you the description of how it looks an egg, a caterpillar, a chrysalis and a butterfly a set of rules ? is this description trying to box anything ? Even more, it is saying that a butterfly "level" is "better" (if better means anything to an ENTP) than caterpillar "level" ?

Here and specially in the OP text, don't you think that is the word "level" what its repelling you and making you highly uncomfortable ? I agree is a very poor choice... Which word you'll use to communicate more appropriately the concept without creating this nasty effect ?

There are many recipes and sets of rules to destroy ones personality, but fear not, is not any recipe to build someone personality.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I understand perfectly your reaction and I share that IF this is a list of rules, for sure I'll join with you to destroy them. But... these are no rules... look: is for you the description of how it looks an egg, a caterpillar, a chrysalis and a butterfly a set of rules ? is this description trying to box anything ? Even more, it is saying that a butterfly "level" is "better" (if better means anything to an ENTP) than caterpillar "level" ?

Here and specially in the OP text, don't you think that is the word "level" what its repelling you and making you highly uncomfortable ? I agree is a very poor choice... Which word you'll use to communicate more appropriately the concept without creating this nasty effect ?

There are many recipes and sets of rules to destroy ones personality, but fear not, is not any recipe to build someone personality.
Aren't psychological processes far more difficult to define than biological ones? can we compare how someone behaves to a caterpillar becoming a butterfly when we can't even really define what consciousness is? I'm saying this is too simplistic for human behaviors.

Anyways, "levels" does make it sound more hierarchical. I question if we should consider those at higher levels to be more healthy, 'better', whatever than people toward the lower levels. I don't wish to add myself to the hierarchy of whose 'more entp' or 'more healthy' on this forum. It is saying that lower levels are more distorted and problematic than later levels. Look at the language that is used to describe each level. So i think level is appropriate terms for what they are trying to describe here. A better way to phrase any of this is by calling it 'different types' of entps. I'm rejecting the idea that to become a healthy entp you need to aim to be level 7 and a behavioral clone of everyone else. Why should i believe we all develop in the exact same way anyways? We could all grow up in completely different environments. And if it is general enough to encompass all behaviors why shouldn't i believe this is not Barnum effect? Besides they are making a claim here, shouldn't the burden of proof be on their shoulders and not mine? So maybe it's not a list of rules but doesnt it look like a road map?

I'm not overly found of the idea that there are recipes to destroy a personality. How do you destroy a personality if you're born with it? I'm actually not upset, i just don't agree with it. Maybe my language is strong like their's are in describing the different levels. :scratch: Just seems like another way to say "I'm more entp than you are". Bleh. That is getting old and tiresome but I'll give it another look with a different frame of mind. Have a good one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts