·
Registered
4,835 Posts
to my friends-95%
to the general public-65%

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Almost all of it, if I'm with friends and family whom I trust. I usually keep my deep feelings to myself, though.
If I'm around strangers, none of it. I'm the most quiet person ever. Actually, I guess that'd be about 10% of me. I am a quiet person , after all.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow everyones busting out percentages haha
alright, 20% from me at work
40% of me with parents
70% of me with sister
70% of me with friends

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My online and real life personality are pretty much the same, regardless of the company.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
This is like when people say, "It's not like you to do that!"

As if there is someone else we could be! We are always ourselves, everywhere we go. When we think we are faking, that is still us.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The funny, random, quirky side shows to all my close friends. However, I never show the problems or the deep talkative side to anyone other than a girlfriend. Strangers get nothing until they work there way into my friendly zone.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I can't give you percentages! But my online personality is honest...and me. My handful of close friends know the real me...the rest of the world does not. I have a group of online friends that probably know me better than most of my closest friends...simply because I communicate better in writing than I do in person. It's funny because when all of my real life friends became my Facebook friends many of them commented on seeing a side of me they never knew....I'm guessing because FB is all online.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think mine are pretty consistent, though I think online in all honesty my quirky humor doesn't have the ability to come forth as much. Around people I'm familiar with and on like face book I'm completely me. around people I don't know, i'm quiet of course so the less comfortable I am the less of "me" i will display. Hell, i hardly post here even though I browse all the time.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm more formed and composed online than I will be before I learn communication skills in college. My personality is shaded by a mild sociable dude that enjoys the company of closer friends. It's just tolerance to be extroverted in a public environment. So not much of my personality shows, unless someone I feel connected to comes along. I'm also not vulnerable in public (any more) now.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'm not even sure how my personality is perceived online or off, to be honest.

I suppose if I had to guess, 30% of my personality can be seen online, and 25% of my personality can be seen in public. About 65% of my personality can be seen at my home/around best friend: and 20% is invoked during special situations.

*percentages overlap* (dur)

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Not a whole lot.....I don't find many opportunities to have discussions that deal heavily with theories or feeling-ideals. Honestly, if something fails to interest me, I tend to remain quiet and probably seem pretty bland. However, when some topic is hit upon that I feel some passion for, then I strongly resemble my online personality, as its very reflective of who I am internally.

Oh, and I am probably less articulate in person also. I don't have the time to gather my thoughts, and casual speech often doesn't suit the intensity of my feelings, which leads to me "watering" them down a bit so as not to put people off.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
In life when I talk it can make a whole let sense to others. Writing emails or forum posts there is more time to try to order what I want to say so it sounds more consistent. Even then, some of my posts that I drafted in a hurry I re-read and felt like they are jumping all over the place, tying together a whole lot of things that would have made more sense to keep separate. I guess it is a dominant intuition thing.

Otherwise I dunno. I do feel that there is some sort of disconnect between a person's real personality and how they express themselves online, in chats or forums. But there is a good deal of overlap too. Tying in MBTI into this I feel like I use more Ti online but more Fe when interacting with other people for real. But may be it is only case for the extraverted feelers.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I guess Im similar everywhere maybe more shy certain places. Im definitly a lot softer in person, and less erratic. I actually find it easier to think about what I say when Im speaking opposed to when Im writing. Writing can go in so many directions for me and unless Im editing or taking my time I really can say some dumb things online. Not always the best place for me to showcase my temperament. :) Its like a free write every time I hop online.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Meh, as much as I don't want to use percentages, I think it's a rather convenient way to answer the question at hand.

My personality is pretty much the same, if anything, I try to hold back any excess emotion, since of course, we can feel things pretty strongly, and, it can be deter others in not so positive ways. Besides, most people I know in rl aren't so receptive to deep things anyway.

80-85% shows in real life.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I am basically the same me. But like everyone I show varying percentages of myself depending on the company.
I liken that to an iceberg with only the tip above water. My talkativeness also varies widely depending on the company and other internal and external factors, with the basic caveat of having that fundamentally introverted INFP personality.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Pretty much all of it in different spurts. Mostly in the privacy of my home with my family. Out in the social world hardly ever.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts