Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This includes texting, phone calls, internet etc. For me, I like to go to school and get in as much socialization as I can - the more, the better - hang out with a friend for an hour or two afterwards and then go home to relax, but talk to my online friends meanwhile. I'm cool with being by myself for a an hour or two.

·
Registered
15,891 Posts
Depends on the day. If there's an interesting novel , project or writing piece I'm working on I would prefer not to be bothered . On average I guess 1-3 hours a day - texting - PerC - or chatting with my love ones. . I don't pay attention much to social interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Like... a lot - all the time.
I stay on Facebook as much as I can when i'm not actually with people; And I chat etc as much as possible.
Ofc, I like being alone at times - but 70% of the time I wastly prefer to be with people. Wether it's casual like in school or deep meaningful conversations - one on one etc afterwards, as long as someone is with me.
Silence and being alone is scary :'(

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a rule that I get work done early in the morning, chill out in the afternoon, and go out with friends at night. So maybe a third of my day is with people.

Reactions: Kite Wave

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
I'm a self-charging battery. No interaction needed for maximum output :D
Not even a woman ? I m not believin the maximum output :th_woot:

But hum, I don't know for the question ... I guess I need some interaction ? cant really define it in an amount of time, sorry !

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's strange to put a time for it. I don't think I socialize as much as other extroverts, but that's mostly because I get super into fantastic ideas, books, and creative project. I do text and message a lot throughout the day and at least need to socialize in the evenings to sorta wind down from a day of work, even if it is just one or two people that are hanging out with me and if it's just something simple like watching tv or making dinner together. I always said I could never live alone because I like the casual company of others.

I am interested in hearing others response to this since I used to think I was an I, but as I began to actively notice how people (and take more tests and read about cognitive functions), I realized that despite how I may not socialize as much as other E's, there was a difference between me and my I friends.

My E percentage isn't super strong. I'm curious to see if there are other ENFPs with the same daily socializing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i need ALOT of social interaction and loving to function at 100%. In other words, ALOT more than I currently get. I love it when i get ENERGIZED by something thats going on, being hyper is one of the best feelings in the world for me :3. I know it sounds stupid but I wish I sort of wish I had a wife/woman, that could care for me and nurture me and that I could nurture... in more ways than one (!). But really, healthy sex has a lot more benefits than people realize. Look it up!

A true ENFP post, I managed to change the subject to something at least mildly unrelated in a matter of like 2 sentences. Another job well done from Josh.

Action-adventure game Cartoon Animated cartoon Games Adventure game

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool topic.

I'm not sure about daily, but I pretty much enjoy spending time with people 3 or 4 days a week. Having two days to myself each week is kind of necessary for me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
A LOT! In the mornings I'm at school and afterwards I go out with friends or on facebook for the rest of the day. Actually I'd prefer both.
I like to feel energized to the extreme, I don't know if it's my ENFP or my 4w3 talking... Or both. I look for the times I can feel very very happy and energized that a normal person would crash, but I don't! I'll crash the moment I get out of there, back to my shell, because of this whole thing about the Ne crash or something. These extreme situations are basically being with a lot of people that I love! One or two aren't enough for this, although it's fine too, but not if I want to achieve this extreme energy. Conventions are a great opportunity for this, but I also try to make those situations with my friends.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hmmm... My extraversion isn't super strong since I first identified myself as an introvert.

I'm at a weird point in my life. I lived abroad for a year and while I was gone many of my friends started dating, moved away and moved on. I also moved to a new city after returning to my home country and my best friend moved to a new country. The rest of my friends are sort of all around the world now or at least live in different cities 2-3 hours from me. I don't really care to socialize with people who I don't enjoy spending time with, just so I wouldnt have to be alone.

So now I spend a lot of time alone, but wish to have a group of friends around me. Though I text with people, spend time online and work in retail settings so I see people. I live alone and sometimes I have times when it feels I'm totally fine being alone but as soon as I go out again I remember how that stimulation from outer world, seeing people, breathing a fresh air, walking by the sea, is my fuel. That's what in the end, makes me see I'm an extravert.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Also, I've been sick for two days now. I always like the thought of being able to just stay home, have Netflix-marathons, eat nutella, popcorn and ice cream all day... But it gets lonely. I feel like I need to be on a beach somewhere warm, walking somewhere, dancing on the streets, shopping, at a pub with people.. Idk, anywhere else but home alone!

I guess it's also the fact that I CAN'T go since I'm sick and off from work because of that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
leana i feel the same way... i just wish i had people around me more but i spend most of my life locked away in my room in front of the computer. its the worst... especially when i get depressed about stuff. yesterday i had to go to the doctor with my sister and my mom took us and it was a decently long car ride and we ate at this restaurant and talked some in the car, i almost felt loved... it was weird. and of course i had a little bit of the inner surge of adventure we ENFPs can get, since I'm never anywhere other than school or my house. lol hopefully things will get better for me soon somethings gotta give :3

·
Registered
305 Posts
Oh tell me about it! I feel you. I sometimes get all depressed too and when I do I just hide from the world haha! And when someone is able to drag me outside to see the world I feel so much better! I think atm I spend so much time home alone because going somewhere alone just feels so boring. I like running alone but going to the gym, shopping, movies I really would like to have someone with me!

I'm starting this prep course for college this month and hope to meet a bunch of new people! I think many of them will be "my type" since we are all intrested in the arts :) I hope it gets better for you too, soon!

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Not much. I can go days without socializing.

I also never really get the "urge" to socialize. :th_blush: I do feel like sharing things with ppl if anyone is around thou. It also depends on the person. I can literally feel emotions in other people and in the social environment, so I don't approach ppl who give off negative feelings.

I also avoid all situations where I have to be in the same room with ppl who are angry, depressed, have been quarreling and other crap.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
^well you are in the same room as me and leana bub :3

also leana thanks =D and best of luck to you as well =)
Not physically. If I can't see your body language or hear your voice I feel nothing out of the ordinary o.o... I noticed a long time ago that the reason I can do that is because I subconsciously read & interpret body language. Idk if its an acquired skill or whatever, I just do it.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
There are so many ways to stimulate Ne that social interaction is not a requirement. As a Type 7, give me something new to explore and I'm good. That being said, socializing comes naturally and I find myself wanting to get away from people because I don't know when to quit when I do socialize. I get overstimulated and need to wind down...the SX of it all!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't really count texting and exchange over the internet socializing, personally. I think 4-8 good hours with people I like can keep me going an entire week end. A crazy friday night out and a fun sunday market run with the rest of the week end geeking is fine for me. I don't think I'd genuinely enjoy much more (say spending all saturday and sunday out with friends), I'd go for it but I'd find it tiring if it happened on an every week end basis. I guess I like "my peace" or at least "some peace".

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm not sure. I like to keep conversations going with people I care about so I guess a few hours a day, give or take. Depends on what I'm doing. And sometimes I prefer to be physically alone all day. No pressure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts