Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is a good question. Spend time with the family? How much time? Yes, I spend about only one or two hours with my family in a day. I want to spend more time. I don't when it would be possible? All of us dream of spending more time with family. Right?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Family Time

I hope this is a good question. Spend time with the family? How much time? Yes, I spend about only one or two hours with my family in a day. I want to spend more time. I don't when it would be possible? All of us dream of spending more time with family. Right?
Naci:
When I was young and commuted to work, it was difficult to spend a lot of time with my family. I could have spent more than I did, I suppose, but I was around. Though my daughter criticizes me for not interacting with her enough, I was around. It is always hard to meet your child's expectations.

The term Quality Time, when applied to your children is more or less crap. You have to spend time with your kids, and be really connected with them emotionally. The benefit with this is that when they grow up, you no longer have influence over them, but it is okay because you have given them the map they need. My daughter is making me proud.

Now my daughter is out of the house, and I have time to spend with my wife. What works there is spending quality time with her. I have studied her MBTI type thoroughly, and gotten advice from others of that profile. I am still learning after 25 years of marriage. I do, however, feel like I am making progress.

Regards,
Digger:wink:

·
Registered
673 Posts
When I'm not at work I'm spending time with my family. Oh and just to qualify that, I work to live not the other way around.

Reactions: susurration

·
Banned
75 Posts
Not enough but there seems to come a point in life that this is o longer your choice. 14, 17, and 20 year olds just don't seem to be wanting to chill with mom. The empty nest syndrome starts long before they move out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts