Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an ENTP and we’re still friends by some miracle, we dated twice and there’s a good chance she may be here on this site (love you), but we weren’t always this solid after 3 months of us first dating She was trying to teach me about Gnosticism which I was curious about and she believed in it, the conversation must’ve lasted 5hours until we said our good nights and as usual every attempt of me trying to get a kiss last longer than 5 seconds failed, I woke up in the morning to find a message saying something along the lines of “I’ve thought about our relationship and it’s future and i found us to be incompatible as we want different things, so I made a decision to end it, I’m sorry, I hope that we can remain friends”

I sent a fucking message arguing that she couldn’t possibly be certain about that as well about Gnosticism and we ended up arguing over whether the breakup makes sense or not, we got back together after the argument ended, I was more proud about getting her to admit I have a point

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Ha ha. I researched Gnosticism once. I even read the translation of the Nag Hammadi scrolls. (She probably explained.) Gnostic Christianity appeals to me more than Orthodox Christianity because it has neither clergy nor church buildings, thus no need for money or power hierarchies. The scrolls were excluded from the Bible by the Nicene Council. Orthodoxy won out (followed by Catholicism and the rest.) If the Gnostics had won, Christianity would consist of people meeting in their own homes, discussing the philosophy of Jesus, taking turns giving the sermon and Communion.

I rejected Gnosticism because it falls into the same abyss as all other religions: The backstory includes a complex and ridiculous mythology. I theorize that it was invented as a bridge between Polytheism and Monotheism (probably to win over the Greeks and Romans) by explaining the Jewish God as a Demi-god of Polytheistic origin.

Okay, enough of that.

As an INTJ woman, I can tell you we get entirely too heavy at times. If I were her, I would have been amused by some comedic, Ne generated thoughts on Gnosticism. However, if she already drank the Kool-Aid, she might not laugh.

Religious debate is an anti-aphrodisiac. Bummer.

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the same, certainly understand the attraction but in the end it is all fiction, we’re at a time where you would think it’s established by now that beliefs aren’t certainties

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Off all the Gnostic texts, Valentnianism put me off the most. (I provide a link at the bottom.) What a mess. I couldn't finish that book. Personally, I find it hard to believe that an INTJ woman would be taken in by such a specific, detailed, doctrine. I got so bored, I threw it away. Personally, I'd think an INTJ would enjoy the more general, abstract Christian concept of "cleansing of Spirit" through love and forgiveness. At least it has some proven, beneficial application in life, notwithstanding doubt about religion.

Live Your Truth. Do Not Seek, or Do Not Take Advantage of Each Other; Always Seek Mutual Consent with One Another ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ouch. I've broken up over text too but the situation was drastically different. My asshole ex had been treating me like shit for weeks and i got sick of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts