Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird question, right? xD

i often find myself changing my clothes more than once per day. i might be in pajamas early in the morning, then i'll put on pants and a t-shirt, then later shorts and a tank top, then a different set of pajamas, then back to my shorts and tank top. and because i only wore them for a little while, i'll set my clothes next to my bed to wear again the next day (only to change back into pajamas and then a different pair of shorts while i throw the first ones into the wash, or whatever). sometimes i change if i get too hot or too cold, sometimes i do it just because. case in point, today i wore pajamas for a couple of hours, then put on a short-sleeved shirt and shorts, but i found the shorts too constricting (i take insulin in my abdomen and the high waist was uncomfortable), so now i'm wearing khaki pants. i've also met people who wear the same outfit three or four days in a row before changing/ washing them.

so, does your ne keep bugging you about how there are 'Better Things to Wear' throughout the day, or are you pretty consistent in what you wear (or too busy working outside of the home, instead of in it, you poor darling)? or do you mentally undress yourself in the middle of the day so you can mentally pick out a better outfit for your invisible alter-ego to proudly prance around in, out there across the street, on the way into the next city, onto a spaceship heading for mars so you can show off your awesome punk rock style to the ferengi? do you wear the same outfit three days in a row, or a whole week, or do you live with a bunch of sjs who will squash you if you wear your clothes one minute longer than fourteen hours without throwing them into the machine? or am i really just the weirdest enfp in the world who is about to be publicly humiliated by an entire forum full of people for the next ten days?

oh that reminds me, i need to go wash my pajamas...

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I wear clothes or I don't. I only need one outfit a day and if I wanna get comfortable then off they go. Then I wear blankets the rest of the day. I couldn't wear the same thing twice in a week. But I've gotten really lazy with what I wear recently... Jeans, T-shirt, boots and done. I need a new wardrobe.

I had a housemate like you, she was an ENFP but she was also insane. She hogged the washing machine and the clothes driers 24/7 because of the amount of clothes and outfits she had.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeans, T-shirt, boots and done. I need a new wardrobe.
but WHY when you already have one that's so perfect??? xD

i don't even want to get into how much clothing i own... >_>; but it's all such goooood stuuuuffff!

yeah, i don't actually wash my clothes *quite* as much as i made it sound... more like my clothes get tossed into the laundry basket waiting for me to remember to oh crap i even said in my earlier post that i needed to do laundry and i forgot and accidentally took my insulin instead. ugh. i'll be right back, i STILL have to do my laundry.

aw, screw it. i'll do it in the morning.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
But I've gotten really lazy with what I wear recently... Jeans, T-shirt, boots and done. I need a new wardrobe.

I had a housemate like you, she was an ENFP but she was also insane. She hogged the washing machine and the clothes driers 24/7 because of the amount of clothes and outfits she had.
My new female ENFP housemate does that too lol.

Also, sorry to go off topic but I find it interesting how fashion changes over time.. I need a new wardrobe as well- a lot of my clothes I bought 5-6ish years ago, and they still look decent on me, but I've realised my taste in clothes has totally changed. My wardrobe looks a bit dated now.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
My new female ENFP housemate does that too lol.

Also, sorry to go off topic but I find it interesting how fashion changes over time.. I need a new wardrobe as well- a lot of my clothes I bought 5-6ish years ago, and they still look decent on me, but I've realised my taste in clothes has totally changed. My wardrobe looks a bit dated now.
Gotta keep up with your own fashion cycle. Sometimes a change of wardrobe fits a change of mood. Problem is I don't know what the next phase is going to look like. I've always wanted a good suit, maybe now I actually have money the next phase could be casual, smart, punk. I was thinking about doing a timeline of my fashion changes, I think it goes in a 4 year cycle. Maybe it'd be cool to see other ENFP fashion cycles.

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Gotta keep up with your own fashion cycle. Sometimes a change of wardrobe fits a change of mood. Problem is I don't know what the next phase is going to look like. I've always wanted a good suit, maybe now I actually have money the next phase could be casual, smart, punk. I was thinking about doing a timeline of my fashion changes, I think it goes in a 4 year cycle. Maybe it'd be cool to see other ENFP fashion cycles.
I think my fashion cycle is like.. trendy but a few years late ya know? Like.. I'll buy mainstream stuff, but maybe 3-6 years after it first appeared. Buying it when it first appears always seems a little try-hard- like you're trying to be a clone of your favourite celebrity, but after a few years when it is less cool you're more likely to be buying it because you genuinely like that item.

For example, I really liked the look of crotch drops the first time I saw them- but 3 years ago you could only explicably wear them in a music video.. Even now it's still a bit of a "statement", but within a year or two I reckon it'll be the right time where I will wear one out in public. If I were a celebrity I'd have about 10 pairs of the things, but if you are a regular person you can't necessarily just be like "I WEAR WHAT I WANT, I DON'T CARE"- because people WILL judge you, and it WILL create negative first impressions at times.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I think my fashion cycle is like.. trendy but a few years late ya know? Like.. I'll buy mainstream stuff, but maybe 3-6 years after it first appeared. Buying it when it first appears always seems a little try-hard- like you're trying to be a clone of your favourite celebrity, but after a few years when it is less cool you're more likely to be buying it because you genuinely like that item.

For example, I really liked the look of crotch drops the first time I saw them- but 3 years ago you could only explicably wear them in a music video.. Even now it's still a bit of a "statement", but within a year or two I reckon it'll be the right time where I will wear one out in public. If I were a celebrity I'd have about 10 pairs of the things, but if you are a regular person you can't necessarily just be like "I WEAR WHAT I WANT, I DON'T CARE"- because people WILL judge you, and it WILL create negative first impressions at times.
Haha, you say that but I've got a few of those myself. I know some people judge me and either think 'douche' or 'insane'. Apparently one of university friends was intimidated by the way I dress and thought that I would be too 'cool' to talk to them (I was wearing those pants too). Good to know the first impression I gave one of my friends was that I was one of the asshole popular kids... good to know I eventually convinced them that I was just as much of a dork as they were.

I don't try so hard to stand out anymore, it's kinda tiring when you don't have others in your environment that do the same.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Haha, you say that but I've got a few of those myself. I know some people judge me and either think 'douche' or 'insane'. Apparently one of university friends was intimidated by the way I dress and thought that I would be too 'cool' to talk to them (I was wearing those pants too). Good to know the first impression I gave one of my friends was that I was one of the asshole popular kids... good to know I eventually convinced them that I was just as much of a dork as they were.

I don't try so hard to stand out anymore, it's kinda tiring when you don't have others in your environment that do the same.
In all bluntness, the sweetspot is to be like 25% ahead of the curve.. Any more than that and people stop being able to relate to you, and then you've got bigger problems in your interactions because people just won't connect to you, and will see you as a foreigner in their space. 50% of people might think you are too cool, another 50% will think you are trying too hard, and neither will feel connected to you in any case.

That's my opinion at least.

Yeah, you have to adapt to your environment. If you are Jared Leto at an obesity society- as weird as it sounds, you're probably going to feel left out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eh, i'm poor, i've been poor all my life, so like 90-95% of my clothes used to belong to other people. i have had a lot of women in my life who needed to clean their closet of all the clothes they never wear and they all magically fit me perfectly. it's really amazing. but also, i have been pretty much the same size since i was 13 (i'm 33 now) and i literally still have a few articles of clothing from middle school which i wear. (i take very VERY good care of my clothes.) nobody has ever commented on my clothes ever looking old or out-of-date, the usual response is either that my outfit looks nice or just no comments at all. xD

my husband's sister was thinning out her clothes not too long ago and there was a tank top with several straps on it. i loved the design, but it was so troublesome to put it on because all the straps were so complicated. so i did an experiment and shoved the straps inside and wore it as a tube top. it worked, so i cut them off and i finally have my first ever tube top which i had wanted for over a decade, so i'm really happy to have it now. ^_^

·
Registered
370 Posts
Breh, for work I dress up nicely. Normally, I'll usually dress twice a day. But, for school, I remember one time my English professor asked if I'm comfortable with my life as much as I am comfortable on how I dress. Hell-to-the-motherfuggin yes ain't no one can stress me besides these assignment deadlines (at the time). I politely said yes, of course.

·
Registered
INFP so/sx
562 Posts
Breh, for work I dress up nicely. Normally, I'll usually dress twice a day. But, for school, I remember one time my English professor asked if I'm comfortable with my life as much as I am comfortable on how I dress. Hell-to-the-motherfuggin yes ain't no one can stress me besides these assignment deadlines (at the time). I politely said yes, of course.
Haha love that!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My work routine is - wake up, douse head in shower (no time for full shower usually). Lose the undershirt I was sleeping in, but keep the old underwear. Put on the slacks on the floor, these slacks usually last a whole week of repeat work wear since it's not too active. Deoderant, new undershirt, new dress shirt.

After work I toss everything in the hamper except the slacks which go on the chair for tomorrow. Shower, fresh underwear and undershirt for the evening and bed.

It's a good system and I recommend it as long as you don't need to iron or anything.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My work routine is - wake up, douse head in shower (no time for full shower usually). Lose the undershirt I was sleeping in, but keep the old underwear. Put on the slacks on the floor, these slacks usually last a whole week of repeat work wear since it's not too active. Deoderant, new undershirt, new dress shirt.

After work I toss everything in the hamper except the slacks which go on the chair for tomorrow. Shower, fresh underwear and undershirt for the evening and bed.

It's a good system and I recommend it as long as you don't need to iron or anything.
cool, but you just described a detailed routine on an enfp thread, and i can't be held responsible for what happens to you when the others get here. xD

·
Registered
272 Posts
cool, but you just described a detailed routine on an enfp thread, and i can't be held responsible for what happens to you when the others get here. xD
Especially that bit about the designated "too clean for the hamper, too dirty to hang up" chair.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'm definitely the opposite. I work from home and I change my clothes way less than I should! It'll be 5PM and I'll realize I'm still wearing the same clothes I slept in... and wore yesterday. :tongue: I don't even leave the house every day necessarily. Plus when I'm home I usually don't wear pants at all. I'm basically a hot mess. When I shower, I change my clothes but that's about it haha

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I shower, I change my clothes but that's about it haha
which is what, every four days? xD jk that reminds me, i need to take a shower... >///>;

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bwahaha, usually every two for me (which my husband thinks is super gross - he showers every day even if he isn't going anywhere or doing anything, wtf?)
1. science says don't overwash because you're destroying your skin and the natural oils that protect it (every two or three days is recommended unless you are prone to getting very dirty, like working on cars.) edit: oh, even worse i just learned, you become susceptible to skin infections. yikes.

2. fibromyalgia says my skin reacts to almost everything i touch, so don't screw with a good thing (and check point #1).

just one source i've found: http://www.essence.com/2015/01/14/you-dont-have-shower-every-day-dermatologists-say

1 - 20 of 32 Posts