Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem where I space out when someone is boring, or I have something more intreasting to think of. I'm also pretty clumsy, impulsive, and am bad at listening to rules (this is also when I usually space out). Haha I hope I'm not alone, care to share any experiences?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I space out at every class ever (that isn't interesting to me) at least once. I can space out during tests too, uncontrollably so. My mind basically floats to the outer space like a balloon and I become unable to focus what's in front of me :0

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
As an ENTP and someone with ADHD, it's all the time.
Probably on the order of constantly. I wonder how I even get things at work done. :)

Like, just now, I was typing this post, then I started responding to my brother who was asking me questions about our business, then I stopped mid way there and started working on an incident ticket, then I came back here again to finish. Inside of 5 minutes. Now I'm thinking about what I am going to do this evening with my friends, and then I saw my phone and thought I should start reading a few more pages of that book I've been reading, and now I want to just take a break.

EDIT: I guess that's not really spacing out per se. . . but to an observer having a conversation with me, who can't look into my brain. . . I'm sure it looks like I'm spacing out if I am having a conversation with them. LoL

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
3-5 times. There'd probably be only 2 times where I'd forget where I am.
Hahahaha forgetting where you are. . . oi. . . I hate when that happens.

Reactions: shazam

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
Hahahaha forgetting where you are. . . oi. . . I hate when that happens.
It's ok for it to happen every now and then :laughing: It's quite refreshing :joyous:

But if someone talks to me when I'm in that state of mind it feels as though my brain is like the wheels on a train, and I have to force myself to work the wheels back up in order to understand and respond to what someone is saying to me.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I tend to be like @Desthro in that it is more like easily distracted; however, I fill time when not physically doing tasks with elaborate day dreams, ideas for my house, and vacation plans (and sometimes during tasks). I am pretty good at paying attention when I feel I am learning something from the person talking but if I know the material or it isn't something I am very interested in, I tend to daydream. I have a very crazy continuing day dream with interesting characters (some made up, some based on real people) and interesting scenarios that I have built up over the years. That is my go-to to entertain me when I am bored or distracted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tend to be like @Desthro in that it is more like easily distracted; however, I fill time when not physically doing tasks with elaborate day dreams, ideas for my house, and vacation plans (and sometimes during tasks). I am pretty good at paying attention when I feel I am learning something from the person talking but if I know the material or it isn't something I am very interested in, I tend to daydream. I have a very crazy continuing day dream with interesting characters (some made up, some based on real people) and interesting scenarios that I have built up over the years. That is my go-to to entertain me when I am bored or distracted.
Same! Haha, I thought I was crazy for having complex characters that live their lives inside my head. When I'm bored, I think of something interesting, and how my characters would react to that situation. Anyways, like many people said on here, I usually get distracted, too.

Reactions: Geonerd

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
... I'm sorry.... what was the question again?
....wait..I asked a question? :D By the way not related to this, but when was the last time anyone had koolaid?

Reactions: jamjoint
1 - 12 of 12 Posts