Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How often do you think about the opposite (or preferred) sex?

INTP's are supposedly among the most asexual of all the types (incidentally, i wonder what the rankings of the types are in this area...)

so how often do you think about the opposite [EDIT: or preferred!] sex in a:

(a) romantic way only (not sexual)
(b) sexual way only (not romantic)
(c) both romantic and sexual way
(d) neither romantic nor sexual way (i.e., you're satisfied with just platonic friendship)
(e) none of the above, you don't think about the opposite (or preferred) sex at all

this includes your past, current, and future partner(s), and it can be on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis (your choice).

in order of decreasing frequency, i am usually in category (d), sometimes (b), occasionally (e), and on rare occasion (a). i think (d) is my default mode, although i do have my moments... :happy: you?

·
Registered
297 Posts
well... just about always thinking of the opposite sex... I would say primarily C, then A, B, D all about equally...

Reactions: noosabar

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
INTP's are supposedly among the most asexual of all the types (incidentally, i wonder what the rankings of the types are in this area...)

so how often do you think about the opposite [EDIT: or preferred!] sex in a:

(a) romantic way only (not sexual)
(b) sexual way only (not romantic)
(c) both romantic and sexual way
(d) neither romantic nor sexual way (i.e., you're satisfied with just platonic friendship)
(e) none of the above, you don't think about the opposite sex at all

this includes your past, current, and future partner(s), and it can be on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis (your choice).

in order of decreasing frequency, i am usually in category (d), sometimes (b), occasionally (e), and on rare occasion (a). i think (d) is my default mode, although i do have my moments... :happy: you?
a: often b: often c:a lot d: occasionally e: almost never

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
That's so funny.

Because I think I'm so "asexual"--that I honestly have NO IDEA how to even estimate this.

At all.

I don't even realize. Just....not at all.

EDIT: I also had never heard that INTP's were particularly asexual as a type :O Interestin'.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's so funny.

Because I think I'm so "asexual"--that I honestly have NO IDEA how to even estimate this.

At all.

I don't even realize. Just....not at all.

EDIT: I also had never heard that INTP's were particularly asexual as a type :O Interestin'.
wait, so does that mean you don't have any physical urges either?

because even though i'm often asexual, my age puts me at my sexual peak... so yeah, that's why for me it's (d) followed by (b). :tongue:

·
Registered
167 Posts
a) Occasionally
b) Often
c) So often I can't even see straight
d) Rarely
e) N/A

My thoughts are filled to the brim with perverse thoughts, the occasional 'romantic' one sneaking by, acting on those thoughts is another matter all together. :blushed:

·
Registered
458 Posts
(a) romantic way only (not sexual) - Very often, constantly drifting off into these overly idealistic daydreams :blushed:.
(b) sexual way only (not romantic) - Sometimes
(c) both romantic and sexual way - Not too often, but more often than B.
(d) neither romantic nor sexual way - Sometimes

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
a., and b., and more of c. than most people of any mbti type thinks about. :crazy:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've been described as asexual before. Apparently I look as if I don't get crushes, or sexual urges. An enfp once said that I didn't look like I got periods. wtf.

When I'm crushing heavily on someone then a), b) and c) pop up, depending on uh, my mood. Ne makes for some very interesting, elaborate fantasies. :crazy: But if I don't have a central figure in my life that I'm obsessed with (i.e. just a few mild one-week crushes here and there, or none at all) then I am pretty much b) and/or e).

·
Banned
255 Posts
A)Often
B) Rarely, almost never
C) Nearly all the time
D) Sometimes
E) N/A

B doesn't really happen for me, as it's virtually impossible for me to get sexually aroused without involving someone I feel close to.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i think i'm fairly close to asexual myself. even my fantasies sometimes involve simply having an intense conversation with a person. i tend to just think of the opposite sex in terms of aesthetic beauty or mental/emotional proximity. physical too, to a lesser extent, but usually just touching the person and not necessarily sexually. like if i think "my god, he's hot," the next deduction isn't physical ("i want his cock") so much as either romantic ("i want him in my mouth and my hands in his hair at an airport terminal"; "i want to spoon him") or platonic ("i want to play records and talk nietzsche with him over tea").

(a) romantic way only (not sexual): very often
(b) sexual way only (not romantic): rarely
(c) both romantic and sexual way: occasionally
(d) neither romantic nor sexual way (i.e., you're satisfied with just platonic friendship): very often
(e) none of the above, you don't think about the opposite (or preferred) sex at all: n/a

1 - 20 of 32 Posts