Personality Cafe banner

INFPs ONLY: How old are you?

1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about the average age of the INFPs here. I notice there is a variety, but I also get the impression that many are still teens.

Please, ONLY INFPs answer the poll.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah. I'm seventeen years old X3

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poll is up now.

·
Registered
509 Posts
: D I'm curious to see the ages too.~

Reactions: Allegorist

·
Registered
509 Posts
No Loli? o_O; I don't turn 18 until October 29. XP

Reactions: Now and Then

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If there is anyone here over 50, I'm just curious...if you feel like telling us, that is . I have yet to see an INFP poster who is 50+.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I miss the old infp crowd from a few months ago before the site shut down and magically reappeared. I wonder what happened to all those 'old' infps. I much preferred this forum when there was a greater diversity of ages represented. What's great about these forums is the opportunity to interact with those of a different age set. I'm always amazed by how wise younger people express themselves. They often come across as much older than they actually are. I also appreciate their idealism and their desire to understand themselves as their identity unfolds. At the risk of being offensive though - there's something to be said for those who have been there, done that. Young adults have limited experience to draw upon. My daughter is actually 15 (so you have some idea about how old I am). Here comes the preachy intj- I really wouldn't be happy if she was participating in this forum. She doesn't need to be exposed to the explicit sexual content of this forum. She knows what sex is but has not had a boyfriend or been in a sexual relationship yet. That's fine (and preferable) by me. Again, I can understand why adolescents and young adults have an interest in understanding themselves and their significant relationships. However, I don't wish to engage in candid discussion of delicate issues assuming I'm talking to an adult. It doesn't just apply to sex. It applies to love as well. The way we understand, relate and experience others in an intimate way is related to age and maturity. I would not give the same advice or feedback to a 15 year old as a 30 year old. So, final words, I wish there was a better and healthier mix of the old crowd. In the interim, I'll be looking for another forum to impose my intjness on.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I miss the old infp crowd from a few months ago before the site shut down and magically reappeared. I wonder what happened to all those 'old' infps. I much preferred this forum when there was a greater diversity of ages represented. What's great about these forums is the opportunity to interact with those of a different age set. I'm always amazed by how wise younger people express themselves. They often come across as much older than they actually are. I also appreciate their idealism and their desire to understand themselves as their identity unfolds. At the risk of being offensive though - there's something to be said for those who have been there, done that. Young adults have limited experience to draw upon. My daughter is actually 15 (so you have some idea about how old I am). Here comes the preachy intj- I really wouldn't be happy if she was participating in this forum. She doesn't need to be exposed to the explicit sexual content of this forum. She knows what sex is but has not had a boyfriend or been in a sexual relationship yet. That's fine (and preferable) by me. Again, I can understand why adolescents and young adults have an interest in understanding themselves and their significant relationships. However, I don't wish to engage in candid discussion of delicate issues assuming I'm talking to an adult. It doesn't just apply to sex. It applies to love as well. The way we understand, relate and experience others in an intimate way is related to age and maturity. I would not give the same advice or feedback to a 15 year old as a 30 year old. So, final words, I wish there was a better and healthier mix of the old crowd. In the interim, I'll be looking for another forum to impose my intjness on.

I think the older ones have moved on because the NT's have took over the board. INFP's hate conflict to no end. And I am an old INFP but I know the wisdom of learning from people of all ages. Too I love the younger INFP's since they still have that rose tent to their glasses. I love seeing the world through rose colored glasses but as one gets older that rose tent wears thin. But I can still see through the young ones eyes.

1 - 20 of 356 Posts