·
Registered
1,456 Posts
S-s-s-seventeen.

Reactions: calcifer and Juan M

·
Registered
672 Posts
Why are the age groups in 4 year sections until 40? Why not teenies, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties etc..?

Makes me feel OLD.:blushed:

At least one person is older than me...

Reactions: nothingnew

·
Registered
173 Posts
31-35 here.

Age is one of those things that I rarely pay attention to. I'm very bad at guessing it, for one, and I almost never get guessed correctly either -- some folks still think I'm in my early 20s.

It's also one of most stupid things to get upset over since it is one of those rare few things that we cannot change -- we can fight it, hide it or act like it means something but the end result is the same -- you're still getting older. we also can't make up our mind about it: we fetishize youth, acting as if looking eternally young was something to be cherished, but then chastize someone for 'acting childish'.

I don't have a problem being 34 right now; statistically speaking, I'm still less than half-way to my expected lifespan and yet people act as if you're "adult" when in your 20s and should be "mature" in your 30s. The way I look at it, I've lived nearly 20 years under someone else's dictate and have had barely 10-15 years so far to be allowed to explore myself truly as I see fit.

I wouldn't expect myself to 'settle down' until I'm 50-60, and even then I don't know what that means.

·
Registered
672 Posts
More than one is older than you. I'm 58 and happy about it. The longer the climb, the better the view.
Nice one. I love this age because my thoughts and ideals are so much clearer. Young(er) INTPs, take note.:laughing:

Reactions: Deanna

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm 35. I think age is just a number and I respect anyone capable of rationality. Some young people have it, some old people never have.

Working on my second degree now, I plan on going for an art degree in my 50's or 60's and moving somewhere with trees and by the water, and to where pot is legal when I retire. As an INTP and type 9 I have hung out with people older than me most of my life. I see and understand most people's views and prefer similar company. I have friends of every type and most ages.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just turned 17 :p

I always get confused when my birthday comes around, because it's hard for me to adjust to the new "age" I guess? Someone asked my how old I was and I answered 16 -_-; I had to correct myself as usual.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Jerick which are you?

Why are the age groups in 4 year sections until 40?.
They're not. 12-17 is middle school and highschool. 18-21 is legal adult up to drinking age. Etc.

I grouped them like that because of where people generally are at in life, and also because of cognitive function development. Most people over 40 are settled in, with their life not changing that much, and the functions should all be developed around that point.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just turned 17 :p

I always get confused when my birthday comes around, because it's hard for me to adjust to the new "age" I guess? Someone asked my how old I was and I answered 16 -_-; I had to correct myself as usual.
I have that problem, too. I find it particularly hard letting go of my favourite numbers. I'm 22 now, but somehow I'm mentally stuck at 20 ;)

1 - 20 of 118 Posts