Personality Cafe banner

How Old Were You When You Discovered You Were an INFP?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as the title says. how old were you when you found out that you were an INFP.
Also, if you tested as a different personality type before, mention how old you were then.....

I initially tested as an INFJ about a year back when I was 15, but I concluded on myself being an INFP only a few months ago....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 17 now but I took the test when I was 16 and was quite amazed at how accurate it was! I completely forgot about it over time - being the INFP I am - and was reminded by a friend. Only this time when I took it, I really took note of what it said.

I've always been an INFP...I suppose I'll always be.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i tested as INFP the first time,i tested as an ENFP and an ESFP but i test as INFP almost always

Reactions: Steve MD

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was 17 when I took the MBTI. It was required at my high school. I'd love to know if they were doing something with their findings. I attended a Catholic school for girls. I still have my handwritten notes taken in October of 1989!! How's that for a "P.!" I kept them, yes, but I know where they are, too!!!:tongue: Annoying thing is, I don't have the original 'score card.' I remember I was extreme in the areas of INF and middle of the road on P. My best friend at the time was a year older than me, she still is a year older than me!-and she didn't want to tell me too much about it but was excited to hear about my results. Turned out we were both INFPs. To this day she is the only other one I have ever known. Back then she recommended reading "Please Understand Me." Twenty plus years later and I actually did it!!:crazy:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I took the test first time when I was 13 and got INTP as a result. The description didn't fit me but I thought "whatever, these personality things never work anyway". At the age of 19 I did the test again and got INFJ. The description was more accurate but there were parts that didn't fit me. Then about half a year later I did a bit different kind of test. It was something like "how rare is your personality" and it gave me as a result INFP. I checked the description for INFP and it did fit me perfectly. So for a while I thought I was an INFJ. I still test as an INFJ more than an INFP but I think I'm definitely an INFP.

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
18 - 21

I got into MBTI back in my junior year of high school, but I initially tested as an INFJ. I only recently realized that I was an INFP. I guess I should've paid more attention to cognitive functions; that was how I realized what my actual type was. It was just so weird, though, because I'd never tested as an INFP before.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My sister recommended I read Please Understand Me a couple months ago. I was/am 33. Before that, I'd never heard of MBTI. I took the test in the book and got all Bs and ONE A. The INFP description in the book was so me. The thought that anybody in this world was like me was amazing - I really, honestly thought I was the only person in the world who feels and knows and cares like I do. So, I did a web search for 'INFP forum' looking for people like me. And here you are!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think I was around 16-17 years old at the time, but I didn't take it seriously. It was some professional personality test, and the questions were easy to answer. I got INFP, and the person that gave me the test told me how well it fit me. I didn't care much about it until a few years later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found out I was an INFP when I was 13/14. I never really took it seriously though until I became more interested in psychology and wanted to look further into how personality is formed.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I was 22 or so when I found out. It was just something I stumbled upon one day on the internet. I really wish I could have known about it in my teen years. It would have made life 235878946728396579835673489x easier.

The thought that anybody in this world was like me was amazing - I really, honestly thought I was the only person in the world who feels and knows and cares like I do. So, I did a web search for 'INFP forum' looking for people like me. And here you are!!!:laughing:
I felt just like this, too.:tongue:

·
Registered
234 Posts
25. I first took a test at 18 and got intj. Several lost years and an existential crisis or two later and here I am. I often question it because I'm more prickly than the rest of the lot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I first took it freshman year of high school. Got INFP and didn't believe it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I think I was about 10 or 11 years old when I first discovered that I'm INFP. Since then I have always scored as INFP but once or twice I have scored as ENFP too but I can't take ENFP-results seriously since I got those results with not so reliable tests.:wink:

·
Registered
431 Posts
A few months ago I found out... but the first time I took an MBTI test was for school, my teacher made us take it, I got ENFP. I recently became very interested in it and retook a test and got INFP. After reading more in detail about the differences of each found out INFP hits the dot bullseye. I'm really glad I found MBTI though, otherwise I'd still think I was just, weird, but not, normally weird.

·
Registered
56 Posts
30 yrs old. You are all so lucky to find out at a younger age. I wish the MBTI wouldve been introduced to me in either high school or college..life wouldve made so much sense...I let my ESTJ bully me into someone I wasnt. I grew up feeling like an alien lol. But now that I know, I embrace who I am, and I help others do the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I tested as an INTP when I was 14. I spent a lot of time cut off of my emotions... Once I finally let my shields down, I tested as an INFP, which happened when I was 15 or 16.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts