Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.Do you feel more mature than your years, or do you still let your inner child come out?

.Have people told you how mature they think you are for your age, or do they tell constantly tell you to grow up?

.Do you fear idea of getting older, or are you going to grow old gracefully?

From personal experience, I've always been told I was quite mature and sensible for my age, even from when I was a child. As a 20 year old, I definitely don't live up to the stereotype of a young person (going out clubbing, drinking, sex, drugs, rock n roll....you get the point!) I've always just preferred staying at home, or spending time with one or two friends, enjoying their company and conversation...but apparently that's strange for someone my age and I remember as a teen always being made to feel bad about it. Maybe because most of my friends in the past have been Extroverts? Saying that, I enjoy being young, and seriously can't imagine myself being older, I broke a little tear on my 20th birthday not gonna lie, so lord knows what I'll be like on my 30th!

Let me know your thoughts, and experiences!

x

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you find with an age though, there are many memories attached, and so it loses its joyfulness. Whereas, just to feel innocent, pure, unity - is entirely ageless and empty in the sense that there are no thoughts, no memories to flood the inner space.

I'll play the fool card any day. To be grown up is to lose all sense of being.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am 18...
1) No, opposite actually, I look younger, I act younger. The amount of times I am called immature and childish is unbelievable -_-
2) Grow up! Act your age! You're not a child any more!
3) I guess I kind of fear it, I look at all these old lonely peoples who's spouses have passed and children have left. I don't want to be like that, I don't want to have to rely on someone to look after me. The only thing I will enjoy is telling my grandkids the stories of my past! :D

I think my age would be 14!
Though now a days everyone is trying to grow up way too fast and it annoys me.

I still like to play hide n seek and tag. I still like to pull funny faces at mirrors and stick my tongue out at annoying people xD Who wants to be an adult!?! Adults have too many problems and not enough fun :D

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Ah you see this is an odd question.

Its true that I act older and sometimes seem wise for my years.

But on the inside I think I'm younger. Like my inner child was permanently merged to my psyche instead of being locked away like it seems to be the case for many people! XD

·
Registered
620 Posts
Do you feel more mature than your years, or do you still let your inner child come out?

I absoultely feel older than my years. I am very controlled in everything because freeing emotion is alien to me. I have never truly shown my inner emotions ever since I was a child. Perhaps I have an inner child but I cannot tell you where she is.

Have people told you how mature they think you are for your age, or do they tell constantly tell you to grow up?

They have always told me that I am very mature for my age. My mentality is serious yet I have a sense of humor.

Do you fear idea of getting older, or are you going to grow old gracefully?

Not to be depressive, but I am perfectly fine with dying at this very moment. Perhaps I fear the process of growing old and that's why I wish for it never to happen.

Reactions: Sonne

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Chronologically, I'm 24, but I have often been referred to as mature for my age, despite a certain intangible undercurrent of youthfulness. However even from childhood, I have been unattached to the concept of age. As a child I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to prove my worth as an equal to many adults outside of my immediate family; and I was also exasperated by the perceived immaturity of many of my peers. Then, I became incredibly fixated on age, as I was all too aware that my own youth was slipping away, and I clung on to what I could for dear life. But that is ultimately self-defeating, counterproductive and inhibitory. I feel that age provides a context and a framework but does not begin to encompass the true nature and worth of a person. The essential nature of a person in my opinion is ageless and that is what I connect with most strongly; I feel I can relate to many people beyond the boundaries of time, though I am of course myself continually growing and learning. I no longer fear the future; rather I embrace and look forward to it, to the things I will learn, experience and become. @Ninim's comment regarding the Fool card... is kind of appropriate considering I was recently watching the Persona 4 anime :tongue: but I agree completely with the sentiment. In fact, I believe this 'formless potential' exists in all people were they able to simply quiet the distractions of their mind and intently listen to what Really Is.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Everyone tells me that I still look and act like a teenager... I'm 20 years old now -.-

Personally I do feel younger or less mature then many people my age, I'm not sure why but it just feels like everyone gets something that I'm still missing. As for growing up, i used to be afraid of it but now I've accepted it.

Reactions: Sonne

·
Registered
688 Posts
I look and act far older than I actually am. Twenty-two to thirty is the range. I'm eighteen. If I somehow lost my memory, I'd probably guess I was in my early to mid twenties.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Do you feel more mature than your years, or do you still let your inner child come out?

My sense of humor can be very childish. Nothing gets me rolling on the floor laughing like stupid humor. On the other hand I feel like I've learned some old man's wisdom from painful times in my life. And, from just being old anyway.

.Have people told you how mature they think you are for your age, or do they tell constantly tell you to grow up?

If I'm bent over laughing at something really stupid sometimes I'll hear "Good grief, is it really that funny?" And they shake their heads in disgust, walk away & feel superior for a moment while I lay on the floor red-faced, out of breath & convulsing with laughter.

.Do you fear idea of getting older, or are you going to grow old gracefully?

I don't mind getting older. As my spirit grows stronger my body breaks down & eventually quits but my spirit moves on. When I was young I was strong, fast & stupid. I have more peace inside now. So many questions have been answered but it took decades.

·
Banned
867 Posts
*child-like voice* This much. *stretches arms wide*

I'm only extra mature in a few areas. Emotionally being the foremost. When it comes to the whole being a responsible adult thing(along with many other ideas of maturity), I'm not very mature.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Is there an age that is both child and adult, ridiculous and silly yet intelligent? If so, I'm getting there. I won't dare claim I'm there yet, though. I still fear letting the child out, still am not as smart as I can be. I would say my actual age (15) is a good average for the two ages that I feel, though -- 10 and 20, or thereabouts. It all depends on my mood, and I'm getting better at being each more fully. But I'm still growing up. I feel old, sometimes I feel young, but I am unrefined.

Reactions: Dante1709

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I do not have the demeanor of someone in their mid 30s but yet I'm on my way there. I was never typical for my age, and never will be. I think describing myself as mature sounds odd. I'd rather focus on being who I am, whatever that is. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts