Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a few of you know, I am very new here. What you don`t know is that this whole idea of personality types is also new to me. Sure I`ve known about it for years, but I just never gave it much consideration. I tended to dismiss it as either pseudoscience or of questionable validity at best. Lately though, I have been repeatedly surprised at just how similar many of us seem to be. I am also intrigued by how so many aspects of our personalities can be determined from just a multiple choice test. A test, I might add, that appears to be quite scientifically reproducible within a single subject. I myself did the test three times; using 3 different versions over a 6 week period to eliminate any variances for my mood. In addition, I did not view my results until the results of all three tests could be viewed simultaneously. I did not want to take the chance of biasing my answers in subsequent tests with any preconceived notions (likes or dislikes) regarding my particular personality designation. So when I scored ENFP in all three tests and then read up on the various descriptions...well, I quickly became interested. I also became convinced that my prior assumptions were incorrect.

For sure, the similarities between us can be startling. This point is readily emphasized when I go and read the various other forums. They just seem so foreign and alien to me - almost like I just don`t get them. It is a strange sensation indeed to come to the realization that I have totally missed out on this entire field of study up until now.

With that in mind, I have a question that I wish to field. How sensitive are you? Please feel free to answer however you wish. But in order to solicit what I am looking for, I am going throw out a few more specific ideas/questions;

- You walk into a room of strangers. Can you feel their tension, despair, or happiness? If so, how much? How intense can the feelings be for you (good or bad)? How long does it take for you to tune in to such a thing?

- You are at a rock concert or some other crowded event and a big fight breaks out. Does this generally surprise you? Or did you feel it coming? Can you describe the feelings ?

- As a child, did you have difficulty with the way grown-ups acted? Specifically, the propensity for adults to say one thing but mean another. Did you sense this? Were you aware of the deceptions on some level? How did it make you feel? How did it affect you?

- Prior to the financial meltdown, were you aware of bigger things afoot ? Can you describe your feeling ?

- During and subsequent to the meltdown have you sensed anything different? Have you experienced any changes in your own mood or personality that would seem unusual or out of character?

- Do you have recurring dreams? Especially regarding the world at large. Anything in particular you might like to share?

- Have you ever had any experiences in your life that would be described as absolutely unbelievable? Experiences that may have revealed something to you that the average person could probably never relate to?

Ok, that should get this started. Lets see what is out there.

Thanks in advance,

WildHeart

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
- You walk into a room of strangers. Can you feel their tension, despair, or happiness? If so, how much? How intense can the feelings be for you (good or bad)? How long does it take for you to tune in to such a thing?
i always can tell the emotion in a room, it's something i take for granted and something i assume i always get right. sometimes if the room is full of strangers who are the sort i can't relate to very well i won't get distinct vibes but ill still get a feel. i also get strong vibes about what people are thinking, like for example if there is a typical awkwardness scenario playing out which is the sort of thing all of us encounter from time to time i can sniff that out almost instantly. as an example.

- You are at a rock concert or some other crowded event and a big fight breaks out. Does this generally surprise you? Or did you feel it coming? Can you describe the feelings ?
can't say this has ever happened to me, but when that "sort of thing" happens i usually have a weird feeling beforehand, but id still be surprised cos i'd have had the same feelings occasionally before where nothing happened. acute premonitions are more an Ni thing i think.

- As a child, did you have difficulty with the way grown-ups acted? Specifically, the propensity for adults to say one thing but mean another. Did you sense this? Were you aware of the deceptions on some level? How did it make you feel? How did it affect you?
yes. this was definitely something i notice looking back now. back then i thought it was normal, but now i remember picking up on all sorts of hidden meanings and intentions which most kids probably don't. often i used to pick up on things involving adult notions which i didn't understand, but i still sensed it- i just couldn't put it into context for myself.

- During and subsequent to the meltdown have you sensed anything different? Have you experienced any changes in your own mood or personality that would seem unusual or out of character?
stress does weird things to my personality. everyone is partial to acting wildly out of character when stressed.

- Have you ever had any experiences in your life that would be described as absolutely unbelievable? Experiences that may have revealed something to you that the average person could probably never relate to?
erm- yes. sometimes i doubt myself because a lot of the insights and things i get always come from seeing things in a different way to everyone else, and therefore i'm always wondering why noone else realises the same things i do- so i feel like i must either be right or be insane. but yeah i always get flashing moments of clarity where i suddenly realise how things work or why things happen or what things are.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Very intense.I really can read people's mind quickly and easily.

I can see it comin' i guess and it's scares me.I don't like fight's on the street.

No,only when i was teenage but that's normal i guess.

I completely changed my character when i became depressed.Thank God,that's behind me.

·
Registered
177 Posts

- You walk into a room of strangers. Can you feel their tension, despair, or happiness? If so, how much? How intense can the feelings be for you (good or bad)? How long does it take for you to tune in to such a thing? I sense their feelings instantly and it can affect how I will feel since I feel their emotions so strongly. It doesn't take me long to tune in...it's just automatic. I think we're receptive to the aura, how the persons soul is feeling, what colour they are projecting basically, when I walk into the room. Their feelings can heighten and uplift me and the atmosphere, or if they are feeling sad or angry, it can depress.

If a fight breaks out, I can sense that it might of happened based on the vibe of the people I pick up when I walk into the crowd at the concert, so it won't surprise me but I'll feel uneasy if these emotions in the crowd continue being dangerous.

- As a child, did you have difficulty with the way grown-ups acted? Specifically, the propensity for adults to say one thing but mean another. Did you sense this? Were you aware of the deceptions on some level? How did it make you feel? How did it affect you? Yes, I was aware of adults saying one thing and meaning another. I saw through these deceptions but understood the reason why adults acted like this. It made me feel like people can be irritatingly emotionally avoidant...and that instead of facing their emotions, they prefer to hide and basically lie.

- Prior to the financial meltdown, were you aware of bigger things afoot ? Can you describe your feeling ? Yes, I felt that if people keep living beyond their means, it will all come crashing down but I felt like it had to happen to put people back on earth, realising that there are people who pray just to have something to eat, and you can't take any material possessions with you, only the love and the memories.

- During and subsequent to the meltdown have you sensed anything different? Have you experienced any changes in your own mood or personality that would seem unusual or out of character? Yes. Most of these changes were good though, transforming into something positive.

- Do you have recurring dreams? Especially regarding the world at large. Anything in particular you might like to share? I don't recall recurring dreams but I've had dreams that told the future and ended up coming true, like a year or so ago I dreamt my grandad died (68) and he passed of cancer in July. In that dream I went through the death experience with him, all the family were gathered around the hospital bed just like in real life we were there with him non-stop, but in the dream it was like a liberation as the soul became released from the body. There were lot's of gold sparkles and gold lights.

- Have you ever had any experiences in your life that would be described as absolutely unbelievable? Experiences that may have revealed something to you that the average person could probably never relate to? Yes, and it's been happening more and more since the past year as my mind became more aware of the synchronicity that keeps us all connected. Many things me and some friends say as mind magic...happens, so often that the signs we get aren't shocking anymore. Think of a special song between you all...it comes on. Create a joke between you, the joke appears somewhere else instantly and things that are 'inside'...which are unique to a few select people, are suddenly appearing in other places. For instance, some friends and I were joking about having a honeymoon in jail (specific to something else too) and then the next day a girl in Texas posts a thread where we met about a couple who had their honeymoon in jail. I saw just how intense and strong the mind is, and that there really is no such thing as coincidences, at least not in the sense that most people view this term as… since after all, it’s just when various things co incide, often to individuals in a meaningful and unique manner.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think what he meant by the meltdown was the meltdown of the economy, the financial meltdown

You walk into a room of strangers. Can you feel their tension, despair, or happiness? If so, how much? How intense can the feelings be for you (good or bad)? How long does it take for you to tune in to such a thing?

Yes I always can feel what has been happening in the room, if they room is full of joy when I walk in it usually makes me happy if I am sad, while on the other hand when I feel that something tense is going on, I'll immediately bring my mood down (if elevated) to a more suitable one for the mood in the room but doesn't everybody do that?

-As a child, did you have difficulty with the way grown-ups acted? Specifically, the propensity for adults to say one thing but mean another. Did you sense this? Were you aware of the deceptions on some level? How did it make you feel? How did it affect you?

Yes I did, I was kinda aware of the deceptions.. But I just threw it to the wind because they were my parents and I had no reason to distrust them until I found the truth but if that isn't what you're asking, there's this thing that I have that I tend to feel what adults are saying, like those between the lines things that they do not mention but are still delivered in their sentences...

Prior to the financial meltdown, were you aware of bigger things afoot ? Can you describe your feeling ?

As I am but only a student, I didn't really knew much about the financial meltdown, probably because I live away from the United States too... But I usually always have a feeling that something bad/good will happen and it usually does, it's just a feeling where you could sense something that is afoot, I don't really know how to describe it but it's there, sometimes when I try to use that ability to apply judgement I fail badly at it, but when I let it just come to me, it is usually right. Don't know if you get what I'm trying to say here...:confused:

Have you ever had any experiences in your life that would be described as absolutely unbelievable? Experiences that may have revealed something to you that the average person could probably never relate to?

As like the post above I have experience some sort of weird synchronicity with everyone around me, I know what they are going to say, I know how they are going to react, I usually say the same things at the same time as them. I've turned on the radio more than once a day to have the song playing in my head to be playing. I have heard on the news something I have discussed hypothetically with my friends... I can't think of any more right now but I will update this post if I do... I have too many unbelievable things happening to me that I've lost count :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts