Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More specifically, what analogical method would you use to help not only make sense of life, but learn from it with more ease, it could be a game, a novel, a practice, a hobby, you name it.
Personally I think currently (since my view may change someday, who knows) I see life like a game of Go. Knowing that we're strategy game buffs, you must know of what game I speak of, for those who don't. Said to be the most Ancient game in existence, the object is kinda the opposite of chess, rather then focus on getting all your opponents pieces, your main objective is insuring you cover more ground then your opponent does. For more information, look it up on wikipedia, like everyone else unfortunately. I find this game is a best analogical method, esspecialy since philosopher's believe it to be a game of "man vs self" in which your opponents choices could screw you over yes, but it is you who may have given him the advantage, thinking of always improving and reading ahead to make the next move, that seems like a good mindset if you ask me, feel free to rebutle if you do not think so. Now it's your turn to articulate your methods, and knowing our type, that should'nt be too hard.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Life is The Game. Whenever you start thinking about it, you lose.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Life is merely the result of the fact that we've originated from humble means in an absurd universe which we don't fully understand, where energy and matter are constantly alternating and moving about and beyond us, all around us, in an all-encompassing manner. Through physical processes found in the universe, which seem to have obviously originated over time, each one of us has been born and activated with a consciousness, so that we are self-aware, with emotions, intentions, desires, thoughts, and ultimately a quest to seek meaning and purpose, or merely pleasure, before we die. And thus, life is merely a natural process which we've been born into which is our own to use as we see fit, however our individual journeys may unfold. Ultimately, it is only this much that I can answer; the rest is up to each person to figure out for themselves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Life is merely the result of the fact that we've originated from humble means in an absurd universe which we don't fully understand, where energy and matter are constantly alternating and moving about and beyond us, all around us, in an all-encompassing manner. Through physical processes found in the universe, which seem to have obviously originated over time, each one of us has been born and activated with a consciousness, so that we are self-aware, with emotions, intentions, desires, thoughts, and ultimately a quest to seek meaning and purpose, or merely pleasure, before we die. And thus, life is merely a natural process which we've been born into which is our own to use as we see fit, however our individual journeys may unfold. Ultimately, it is only this much that I can answer; the rest is up to each person to figure out for themselves.
Your's is officially the best out of all of them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Life can be like a game of Tetris. Randomly shaped blocks fall on your way and you must make your decisions accordingly to the other blocks that have already fallen. You can only know one block beforehand, and the further you get the faster it gets.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
How should we see life? I don't think that's an answerable question.

To me, life is just a big pile of stuff, ideas, people and experiences to sort through, collect and enjoy as much as you possibly can!

No strategy, no answer. The only meaning is what it means to you...

That's my view, at least.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts