Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that our functions are the same, only in reverse order, I wonder how similar mature INFJs and mature STPs are. I suppose the same question goes for any "opposite" type pairing.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
It depends on what criteria you define 'similarity.' I mean surely they can be behaviorally similar without development of functions. Also I presume you are talking about ESTPs not ISTPs (which would be another matter altogether).

I think INFJs have an inner ESTP and ESTPs have an inner INFJ, and you pay close enough attention to them in real life, you can definitely see those tendencies. In a relationship between the two, for instance, if they both sort of let their guard down of their dominant perspectives, they might find themselves being very, very much alike. I know I generally tend to get along with ESTPs quite easily, it just clicks for me, though I must say I get along much better with Se-dom women than I do Se-dom men. I think there is much more of a tendency to be dogmatic in your own POV when its a person of the same sex, where with the opposite sex there might be more of a tendency to accept the other person might be a little different than you (and just blame it on their gender or whatever) or be intrigued by it. But for whatever reason, most of the ESTP women I know, we seem to just have an unspoken understanding of one another (not so much for ESFPs though in my case) and as long as one of us isn't pushed too far in our dominant directions everything is fine.

Si-doms on the other hand are an anathema to me. I just don't get em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.