Personality Cafe banner

How smart are you?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
7 or 8, I would say. Not to toot my own horn, but I've pretty much always been above average.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
Based on my IQ tests, somewhere between 7 and 8...

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
smart enough to know that regardless of what I pick it is all objective. If someone is able to perform quantum calculations in their head and yet can not cook their own food are they still a genius? There are so many levels of intelligence and although it's true once in a great while the world is graced with a person who seems to have the natural capabilities for any endeavor they may wish to pursue those that have specialized knowledge often find themselves to be quite inept at doing some of the more simpler things.

Of course this is just an opinion.. I'm apt to reach conclusions while not doing the necessary research to see if I am even marginally correct. ;D

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
While I give them little credence, especially the online ones, IQ tests typically peg me at about 140.
Hmm... welcome to the club. 143 here if I go by the Mensa test... (no, I'm not a member... didn't see any advantage in it).

Then again, when IQ can be measured by so many different aspects of the mind, one has to wonder at the accuracy of such tests... :dry:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I rate myself a 7 (whatever that means), but it's not obvious. I don't flaunt it and I'm not crazy about people who do. I have huge potential, and I do value intelligence, but there are more important things.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't know what to base it off of 0.o
I've taken IQ tests, but only online and my scores all vary from 122 to 149(highly unlikely). But I really don't think I'm below the average. Or I hope not lmao
I suppose 5...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think IQ test are pretty stupid and only take into account book smarts. Which is usless if you cannot apply it.

Don't base this on IQ. Base it on overall intelligence.

·
11,928 Posts
I think IQ test are pretty stupid and only take into account book smarts. Which is usless if you cannot apply it.

Actually, real IQ tests don't take into account book smarts;Some of the fake ones online do, though xD
How are we supposed to rate our own intelligence, though? I know I have skills in certain areas, but how is someone supposed to rate their overall intelligence?

·
Banned
1,760 Posts

Given that I went through my entire schooling by basically memorizing what the teacher said, I wonder if I can be called a book smart? :crazy:

On the other hand, I got accused of cheating more than once because I would solve the math crap in a blink and then I didn't know how to explain what I did... or rather, my answer would be "I just looked at it, processed and got the answer"... next question "and how did you processed it?"... my answer "Hell if I know..." :mellow:
This always ended with me having to take the tests with the teacher sitting next to me and staring at me with this "WTF" face while I breezed my way through the test... and then not knowing how I did it...

Reactions: kiwigrl

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Given that I went through my entire schooling by basically memorizing what the teacher said, I wonder if I can be called a book smart? :crazy:

On the other hand, I got accused of cheating more than once because I would solve the math crap in a blink and then I didn't know how to explain what I did... or rather, my answer would be "I just looked at it, processed and got the answer"... next question "and how did you processed it?"... my answer "Hell if I know..." :mellow:
This always ended with me having to take the tests with the teacher sitting next to me and staring at me with this "WTF" face while I breezed my way through the test... and then not knowing how I did it...

I actually had a teacher fail me because I was unable to show my work. It took me a while to understand the importance of knowing why something worked instead of just knowing it works. I used to bicker with that teacher all the time..At the time to me I had thought that the end results were all that were important. ah... c'est la vi... :bored:

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
I actually had a teacher fail me because I was unable to show my work. It took me a while to understand the importance of knowing why something worked instead of just knowing it works. I used to bicker with that teacher all the time..At the time to me I had thought that the end results were all that were important. ah... c'est la vi... :bored:
You want to know the funny thing?
If I tried to solve the math problems in the "conventional way", I never got a single answer right.

Reactions: NotSoRighteousRob

·
11,928 Posts
I don't show my work either must of the time. It wastes time because it's really not necessary sometimes. I also prefer to find my own ways of getting the answers. But of course, you have to do things a certain way and the teachers MUST be able to check that :frustrating:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts