Personality Cafe banner

How smart (intelligent) do you think you are?

• Top 1% of the population

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Top 5% of the population

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Top 10% of the population

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Top 15% of the population

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Top 15-20% of the population

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Top 25 % of the population

• Top 30% of the population

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • top 30-35% of the population

• Top 35-40% of the population

• Top 40%+ of the population

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How smart do you think you are, INTJs?
Please be honest and vote.
And state your IQ if possible.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Is this a trick question? INTJ's value competence and intelligence, something they seek in themselves and others. Generally speaking, they are highly critical of their own competence and intelligence, thus naturally that would conclude that although we may think we are smart in many ways, we do realize that we are not the end all be all, when it comes to intelligence.

As far as IQ is concerned, that does not mean anything to me. IQ is a very limited scope and only accounts for a slim selection of the greater spectrum of different kinds of intelligence. I really wish people would stop using IQ as some sort of evidence or measurement that someone is intelligent, when there are various factors that come into play.

Personally, I think I'm smart, but I also think I'm a dumb fuck as well and in many, if not certain areas and that is how my cookie crumbles.

P.s. - There are like 6 plus billion people in the world, come on, you can't possibly know what percentage of the population you are in, that's a whole other ball game.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree w/ antiant. While most people will typically say "You're smart" (or something similar) if I reveal to them that I have a degree in Computer Engineering, I immediately refute their claims and say that I'm not any smarter than they are. Sure, I might know more about certain things related to engineering than they do, but I'm sure they're more knowledgeable than me in other areas. For example writing, cooking, automotive maintenance, picking up dog shit, changing a diaper, etc.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Whut whut?

I don't even....

(As if people are going to post their real IQs anyway.)

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
my dog is smarter than me. he can do something i've always wanted to do but never could figure out. he can lick his own balls.
You could always take up yoga?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I think IQ tests are too.. what's the word... generalized? They seem to have a one size fits most approach to administering them, at least the online IQ tests do, and I disagree with that. I'm not "most", or "all". In my case for example, if I were to be given a test with a lot mathematical questions, I'd probably be told I had the IQ of mentally retarded patient. Where as if I were given one focused on wording, or music, I could see myself easily testing in the genius range. It's too generalized, and doesn't fit each person individually, so I find them to be inaccurate. Just my opinion.

Also, figuratively speaking, it was probably created by a man with no penis, or a woman with facial hair, so they came up with this test to feel better about themselves. I can't find any relevance of it. It's just a way for people to stroke their ego's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well according to the military funded testing we had done at our public high school about 8 years ago, my results came back as top 1 or 2% in terms of coding and mechanical knowledge. The code they gave me was 1,2 I still remember, other intelligent NT friends of mine also got that same code, this code dictated what types of positions you would be placed in if working for the government, obviously I wouldn't be a grunt in front lines, more like intelligence agent, jet mechanic, or strategic analyst. But I don't work for THE MAN.

IQ highest score was 140(top 1 or 2%?) which is childsplay according to Chris Langdon(check spelling) the most intelligent man in the united states. IQ measures probably little more than half of our currently defined intelligence capabilities. Also I'm older now, and I'm assuming my IQ went down, might be around 125-130 now.

As for the intelligences not measured by the IQ test, I'm really not so bad, musically I have little experiences with violin, guitar, Turntables and mixer, and computer programs like Acid and Fruityloops for making techno house kind of music.

Physical Intelligence wise, I grew up doing martial arts, yea maybe it's a stereotypical asian thing huh? Well at least I can still kick your face and do flips.

Introspective - well all intj's should be adept at this.

I'd say the only department I really lack in is as we all should know about intj's, is the interpersonal department. Yea this is the area that looks so damn easy even to the dumbest idiot, but I suck at it, sometimes it's like I fail the moment we make eye contact, before a word is even spoken they already hate me, hahaha.

I got tired of lookin at those attempted modest replies cause it got so extreme it started looking like a suicidal teenager's rant of self loathing.

Intj's are confident and we know our strengths and weaknesses well, at least the healthy ones....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts