Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
By popular demand, here is the long awaited explanation of the Member of the Month system as it is currently operated.

Votes for Member of the Month are submitted to @MBTI Enthusiast via PM. She begins counting votes for a calendar month on the 20th of the previous month through the 20th of the current month. At that point, the new Member of the Month is selected (whoever has the most votes.) She then notifies that person, and if they accept, she sends them the interview questions. They are asked to send me the responses to the questions, a photo, and an image of a handwritten motto.

She posts the completed interview on the first day of the new month.

Edit, 24 April 2012: MOTMs get a custom post rank indicating when they were MOTM. Please specify what color you'd like this text to appear in when submitting your interview.

Edit, 11 April 2012: Vote counts are not secret. If a member wants to know how many votes have been counted and who they're for, just send @MBTI Enthusiast a PM.

Edit, 24 April 2012: Post ranks have been updated for former MOTMs.

Edit, 24 June 2013: In case of a tie, the member with the higher post count will win for that month.

Edit, 24 June 2013: Votes are not rolled-over from voting period to voting period.

Edit, 27 June 2013: Members are not allowed to vote for themselves. If they do, the vote will not count.

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
Are vote cumulative ? If I vote for someone in January, and they don't win, do they keep the vote for February? (I wouldn't think so, I just wanted to clarify.)

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happens in the event of a tie?
If an event requires a tie, I wear one. Seems off topic, but there you are.

Are vote cumulative ? If I vote for someone in January, and they don't win, do they keep the vote for February? (I wouldn't think so, I just wanted to clarify.)
No, I start over at the beginning of every month.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Let's not lie, everybody knows the election is rigged! :tongue:

An ISTJ runs the election, ISTJs keep winning the election, I don't think we need a "Loose Change" video to uncover this obvious conspiracy! :crazy::crazy::crazy:
Typical conspiracy theorist ... convoluted logic and poor research ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for posting this, very informative. :)
I think a good idea would be to have a thread for people who would like to try out for member of the month. People who are new (such as myself) or people who are unsure of who to vote for can look at the thread of people who wish to be member of the month and PM you the person from the thread that they thought was good. BTW, I vote Stephen as member of the month for coming up with this idea

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
are bribes allowed? and if not, can i bribe you to allow bribes?

·
Maid of Time
14,753 Posts
2,427 Posts
^^^ AHA! RIGGED! SO RIGGED HE WENT BACK IN TIME AND CHANGED IT SO THAT HE WOULD WIN, AND NOW NONE OF US REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL WINNER!

Well... I mean, theoretically, that could be what happened, ya know.... *sheepish*
At least I'm not the only one walking around here without my eyes being glued the fuck shut! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: *High Five!* :tongue::cool:

I'm pretty sure they're also behind 9/11 :unsure:. Just sayin'.... just sayin'.... :crazy:

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,252 Posts
And here I was, thinking this was all based on merit. *Stops trying to make awesome threads* =P

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Adding the following clarification to the op:

Vote counts are not secret. If a member wants to know how many votes have been counted and who they're for, just send me a pm.
So I can see the results of my shaking babies and kissing hands? I-I mean shaking kisses and handing babies...... Wait a minute?!

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please see the edited OP for details on custom post ranks for MOTMs.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.