Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Adding the following clarification to the op:

Vote counts are not secret. If a member wants to know how many votes have been counted and who they're for, just send me a pm.
What about the vote? Is it secret? I mean , can a person find out who voted for him?

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What about the vote? Is it secret? I mean , can a person find out who voted for him?
Rather than ask each voter whether they want their vote kept secret, I'd prefer to avoid sharing that.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is the typical total vote count for each of the top 3 for a typical month?
That's hard to say because it fluctuates so much. This month's vote had 28 for The King of Dreams, 13 for the second place member, and five for the third place. A total of seven members received votes.

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
The thing is, the whole member of the month system is a bit mysterious to those who aren't regulars.
When I first heard about it, I thought it was the person who had received the most 'thanks' that month, that hadn't previously had an award (hey, it's not a bad idea).

Would you believe I hadn't actually read this thread until yesterday?

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The thing is, the whole member of the month system is a bit mysterious to those who aren't regulars.
When I first heard about it, I thought it was the person who had received the most 'thanks' that month, that hadn't previously had an award (hey, it's not a bad idea).
I've thought about this a lot. I've been working on the concept in my head for a while, the idea of a "featured post of the month," the post that got the most thanks in that month. I don't know if we have the means to calculate such a thing.

Would you believe I hadn't actually read this thread until yesterday?
Yep, I believe almost anything I see in writing.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
when PerC went thru "the change" did Member of the Month become just a thread as opposed to the highlight at the front screen with a link?
Great question. I will ask Happy about that next time I speak with him. I expect that front page is part of the 80% of the site that's still in progress.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
So what is the alternative? Perhaps Stephen could randomly pick a member with over 1000 posts and no-one will notice the difference. (hey, it's not a bad idea).
Eh, it's not like I was reading the interviews anyway, so in the end I don't really care either way. Picking by thanks received however can only dramatically drop any niveau that may be in existence beneath zero.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
you could just randomly pick people that havent been picked

Reactions: Stephen

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Now that Stephen has become a memory, who runs the show? Is it Anarchy time?
It hasn't been formally decided so I'm taking it over for now, perhaps indefinitely. We should have the next MOTM up on time as usual.

Reactions: Eerie

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
It hasn't been formally decided so I'm taking it over for now, perhaps indefinitely. We should have the next MOTM up on time as usual.
Get ready for PMs requesting statistics - or maybe you can just post a daily update on statistics.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Get ready for PMs requesting statistics - or maybe you can just post a daily update on statistics.
I won't have any statistics for you in at least a few weeks. :p

Reactions: Eerie

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
FYI, I'll be taking over MOTM for now, so please go ahead and PM your votes to me. :happy:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.