Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and to the enneagram in general. I have done a few tests and thought through the definitions and concluded that I'm a 7 type (also fairly high on 3,4,and 5).

I'm finishing uni and need to decide what to do next, but am in total decision paralysis. The issue is that I get good at virtually anything I attempt, I learn v quickly and always want to try new things. Most people I know find it easy to choose what to do as they are good at one or two things (or have one or two main interests) and it can be fairly obvious which to go for. In some ways I wish I was in the position of always knowing what I wanted to be eg. a doctor, a lawyer etc. then I could just put all my energy into it and do it to the max. But I'm not like that. All I know is what I don't want. I don't want to be in a boring job for my life. I would rather die.

So, I would greatly appreciate any insight or feedback into what works in terms of making decisions. How do you guys and gals navigate life as a 7?

I have read that the way to function better with a given personality type is to focus on the essence, be in the now, etc., and that doing this will guide me. But I honestly don't really know what that means. Or I should say, I understand it conceptually, but don't know how to do it. Also I am unsure that essence is a real thing, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as a psychology major. Tbh I don't really know how to even feel my own feelings of grief, sadness, anger etc. Recently I have been feeling emotionally void, but can't reconnect to my emotions because I am always in my head. Again would really appreciate some feedback as to what works for you.

Thanks for reading,

Charlie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.