Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote this on the MBTI jokes thread. Seems like it deserves its own, because I can only come up with really crummy ones.

Here's what I wrote in the other thread.

How to Annoy a Sensor

1. Insist that 2+2 can, theoretically, equal infinity.
2. Finish all your sentences with "maybe."
3. Wait fifteen seconds with a blank, staring expression before answering their question.
4. Hang all your posters with a slight tilt to the left. They'll notice.
5. Repeat this conversation over and over: "Hey! I just had a brilliant idea!" "What?" "Oh... no... wait... lemme think...Oh!" "What?" "Oh... no... wait..."
7. Skip numbers in numbered lists.
8. Tell them absurd/impossible "facts," like "Some people eat earthworms' eyes as a source of protein."
9. Daydream.
10. Doodle on whatever paper you have in front of you.
11. Tap your feet constantly.
12. Don't end lists on round numbers.
Also:

13. Be thirty seconds late.
14. Ask them why they like parties constantly.
15. Buy them a cat.
16. For SPs, buy them a day planner. Or bring an SJ your collage of late slips from middle school.
17. Explain to them how to fix their TV, but don't write it down or show them.

Come on, INTPs... you know that you know how to annoy Sensors.

·
Registered
249 Posts
-Long stream-of-consciousness ramblings (So I asked myself, what is reality? Am I real... are you real? Why do we get up every morning and live our lives when it could all be a fantasy? And have you ever wondered about that strange little beep on the radio just before the news? You know, I had chocolate granola this morning. It was good, and yet it wasn't, as the dark chocolate reminded me of the obscurity that oppresses so much of the world's population...) Works every time.
-Use excessive amounts of metaphors
-Bring them parent newsletters 3 months late
-Put all the cooking utensils back in the wrong places after you've cooked
-Make yourself really complicated and extravagant breakfasts on mornings when you oversleep and have to be out the door in fifteen minutes. Then manage to pull it off and watch as they tear their hair out.
-Set the table like this whenever they're invited guests that they want to impress: Balance the plates on top of the bowls and the glasses on top of the plates, put the fork and knife on the wrong sides of the mats (put the mats sideways) and then put out half as many napkins as guests and explain that you're trying to save the environment by using less paper (See, my ISFJ mom gave me a lecture about how the way one sets the table is a reflection of their upbringing, and I thought that was a pretty accurate reflection of my own :crazy:)

·
Registered
710 Posts
From personal experience:
1- Walk around with them and point out flaws (aka "why is this xxx, yyy would make a lot more sense).
2- Make fun of absurd things that are near and dear to them.
3- Eat with a spork, or with your hands.
4- Not replying when they point out for 232283090239th time how sunny/cloudy/dark/light it is today.
5- Tell them they're wrong.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
A lot of the annoyance you included goes for E's and J's.

But I would ibdeed murder you for scenes like this:
Long stream-of-consciousness ramblings (So I asked myself, what is reality? Am I real... are you real? Why do we get up every morning and live our lives when it could all be a fantasy? And have you ever wondered about that strange little beep on the radio just before the news? You know, I had chocolate granola this morning. It was good, and yet it wasn't, as the dark chocolate reminded me of the obscurity that oppresses so much of the world's population...) Works every time.
Come on, people! Have a point or don't talk at all.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
As a Sensor, I'm guilty of 2,3,5,9,10,11 myself!
and I really enjoy 8., like, hearing lots of trivial, out of this world kind of 'facts'.

BTW, I sometimes eat with my hands. But then again I come from the part of the world where this kind of thing is not too frowned upon (esp when eating Indian and Southeast Asian food).

Basically, I think a lot of these facts apply to SJs or ESXXs. But you're right on on 15., but I think that's more because I really, really don't like cats than because I'm a Sensor.

But one surefire way to annoy me: tell me the wrong time. Like, tell me it's 5 o'clock, regardless of whether it's 4.58 or 5.06. WHUTOMG *pulls hair out in frustration*

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
2- Make fun of absurd things that are near and dear to them.
Well, that won't just annoy me, it will send anyone who does this to me on a one way trip to Eternal Iceland....aka You No Longer Exist To Me. But hey, I suppose it was fun while it lasted.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I'm just imagining all of these in my head. Some of them would definitely annoy the living crap out of me. For instance: #'s 1, 2, 3, 5

But I don't understand how being 30 seconds late would annoy a sensor? Go ahead and be 30 seconds late, because I'm most likely going to be 5 minutes late as it is... so I won't even know whether or not you were late. Lmao.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I think being late is more of a J/P thing. I'm more likely to be late to anything than my INFJ sister.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
My NTs and I annoy our sensors friends at the pool hall by discussing theoretical frictionless pool tables. They get pretty bored. They ask, "Why would anyone even waste time discussing something like that?" We're nerds though.

Also, I decided that this thread was a funny idea, so I created "How to Annoy an Intuitor" so that sensors can take their revenge, and let us know how they mess with us.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
- Instead of "Thank you for being honest," say "Thank you for being Amish." Then act like you said it the normal way.

- Tell them that roller coasters have no point. (SPs)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Open up all the cabinet doors in the kitchen and see how long it takes before they're bugged so much that they get up from their comfy chair and go close the door.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Declare that bananas, chocolate and peanut butter all taste similar because they have a purple flavour, although banana is more of a lilac than a royal purple.
That one's goooooood. *evil grin*

1 - 20 of 218 Posts