Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a light-hearted thread simply created in response to "How to Annoy a Sensor", because I saw that the opposite didn't yet exist. Not only did I think that it would be amusing to make fun of ourselves, but sensors can also take their revenge.

How can one specifically annoy, irk, and/or mess with an intuitor?

I'll start.

• Claim that his skill set is impractical in the real world.
  • Call him air-headed and/or slow.
Your turn.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
-- Force a work-sheet on the intuitor with hundreds of facts to memorize over the weekend. Don't discuss or explain what the facts mean. If the intuitor becomes frustrated, confused, and asks questions, only state the fact in another way to memorize.

-- Talk about the weather, street signs, knick knacks, or roads.

-- Look disapprovingly when the intuitor talks about the potential meaning behind a subject.

Become impatient. Tap your foot. Change the subject. Don't respond.

-- Interrupt when an intuitor's thinking of an answer with, "that wouldn't even work. Is there something wrong with you?"

-- Tell the intuitor that he's a dreamer and won't achieve anything. The world works efficiently and there's no need for any change.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
1. "This is the way we've always done it."
2."If it works... DON'T BLOOMIN' TAKE IT APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN."
3. "I don't care that you don't know why it's that way. This is how it is."
4. "If you know how to use it, who cares about how it works?"
5. "What do you MEAN you threw eyeshadow on the bonfire?!" "Well... it looked cool..."

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Spend 15 minutes of the story you are trying to tell me describing exactly what the person was wearing, how their hair looked, exactly what they said word for word and then if you feel I didn't catch it all the first time repeat it. My mother does this to me all the time!!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
- Any attempt to bridle or extinguish an intuitive's thoughts, ex. policing or micromanaging them - especially with your Si and/or Te. (If you can't grasp the concept then you have no business sticking your nose in anyway).
- Think that they need your 'help,' or need to be 'fixed' because they don't think like you do.
- Belittle their interests.
- Act like your short-sighted tactic was a well thought-out "strategy." (Gloat for maximum annoying effect.)
- Fucking repeat yourself several times.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The theoretical tests for driver's license in my country are made to annoy intuitors. It doesn't so much test one's understanding of traffic rules and how the vehicle works as it tests one's ability to answer that kind of sensor question. I'd passed theory first time for car, truck, and bus for private use, but first time I took the test for bus as a professional driver I had one too many mistakes and it cost me about a hundred dollars. I know at least one question was wrong because of me being an intuitor and not a sensor. I've passed the tests twice since but both times the difficult part was not the understanding but dealing with the special testing technic.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
-Ask them to explain something, or how they know something
-Suggest ways they can "improve" themselves or something they do
-Tell them to "get real"
-Meddle in their life
-Take forever to explain something (especially by adding needless details)
-Ask "what's wrong?"
-Require them to learn something they have no interest in
-Get upset when they don't tell you what you want to hear

·
Registered
249 Posts
This annoyed me more than anything else I have ever experienced, and I will never, ever forget it: When I was in the second grade, my SJ teacher gave us a booklet of lined paper, and we had to write out a certain number of each letter of the alphabet. Of course, I already knew how to write, so when she told us to do the A page I just completed the entire thing in the time we were given. Instead of being impressed, she made me erase all of my work because I had to "go along with the rest of the class instead of barreling ahead". Oh, and "my Gs were wonky". hugkd nv7jfchks (bangs head on keyboard repeatedly) :confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Change the details of a project last minute.
Give too detailed of information, get to the point already.
Expect I can learn from watching you, because I'm probably thinking about the financial meltdown happening right now.
The idea may come first, but I still care about the sensing aspect; just not as much as anyone looking at my idea.
Forget that I too enjoy sensing activities or assume that I enjoy them as much as sensors.
Talk to me at length about hair, fashion, makeup, or design. While I appreciate design that works, I don't care to talk about it.
Force an intuitive into high level design class.
Advise an intuitive to take on a sensing job.
Act like I'm dumb for not understanding common sense, observable facts or useless information.
I made it this far without worrying about it, so why lecture me?
Act better than me, because you wear nice clothes. (that might be a poor thing, arg).
Get all up in my space.
Assume I'm lazy or stupid for not caring about the details.
Take everything said here seriously and think all intuitives are alike.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.