Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm an entj, one of those nasty manipulative strategic types. I recently started seeing an ENTP who I get along supremely well with and is frankly drop dead gorgeous. The two of us have lots of physical and sexual chemistry. I haven't put out yet, don't intend to anytime soon despite his advances. Usually I know how to go about dealing with different personality types but ive never dated an ENTP.

Any advice? Does playing hard to get work with this type? I know for the ISFPs playing hard to get and keeping them confused with ambiguous expressions works marvelously well but does this apply to the ENTPs too? I usually deliberately withold divulgng too much about myself with certain types. With the ENFP type however I am very direct and upfront and they know exactly what I want from them very early on. ENTPs is still a big question mark to me. I read that ENTPs you gotta maintain a sense of mystery to keep them interested?

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
I as an ENTP actually like stability and knowing what is going on
with my SO. The straight forward bit is cool. That will be
the best approach.

The one item I will mention is that for me if I feel like the
person I am dealing with is very staunch and has a matter
of fact attitude... that gets old. Real quick. Its nice for a spell
as it intrigues me that someone can do that. But after the initial
fascination with it is gone. They will be done with it.

The issue I find with staunch and resolute in beliefs is that it
is easy to figure someone out simply since everything is in stone.
I only need to hear it once. If someone is fluid it makes for ever
changing..that is interesting for the long haul. Not just until I get
to know them.

So where you say a "sense of mystery" I would just say "keep it interesting"
does not have to be a mystery...just interesting.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You have to find the line between mysterious/keeping on toes and boredom because things aren't progressing. We give up easily if it looks like a romantic partner/relationship isn't going to go anywhere. There will a point that he will want you to "sh*t or get off the pot". if you keep in limbo, he'll jump because he will think you are a lost cause. We aren't the type to cling to a relationship that appears like it is not moving forward.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
976 Posts
You have to find the line between mysterious/keeping on toes and boredom because things aren't progressing. We give up easily if it looks like a romantic partner/relationship isn't going to go anywhere. There will a point that he will want you to "sh*t or get off the pot". if you keep in limbo, he'll jump because he will think you are a lost cause. We aren't the type to cling to a relationship that appears like it is not moving forward.
I would echo this.

I like a challenge, I abhor games. If someone is trying to play any type of game (e.g. hard to get, etc.) I am out. We also do lose interest, and I feel like anything inauthentic we can sense as we are pretty intuitive, and that will lead to boredom pretty quickly. Not all ENTPs are this way, but I like sex and connection, and if I feel like we are connecting, and then something is just not happening and I can't figure out why it isn't progressing, I am going to figure that the other person just isn't into it (maybe they don't really want me, just want to be friends, etc.) because I don't play games myself. So, I would just move on.

Be careful with games and ENTPs - we are straight shooters.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its very strange he has ignored me for 2 days straight now. We were having really good convo on snapchat until 4am then all of a sudden he stops messaging after I asked a certain question to him: which is more important sex or good company. And he responds saying it has to be a combination of both. Then after that doesn't open my messages anymore. I am getting annoyed -_-

·
Registered
966 Posts
You have to get him to think that you are perfect FOR HIM. Not the same kind of perfect that "all the other guys think". If you can be that "one girl" that he thinks about all day and goes crazy over, then he will be nearly obsessed with you, in a good way. The way to do it is to give him lots of attention and spend your time with him. Also flirt with him and make he actually RESPECT you. If you put out on the first date or dirty talk with him the first time you meet him, while he might be like "fuck yeah", the connection won't be there. Let him chase you, give him a challenge, show him how much of a respectable woman you are...but make sure you show your interest in him and you don't avoid him completely or play too many games with him, because he won't like that.

At least this is what attracts me. I can't speak for all ENTPs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, I find games annoying. I can typically see through them since, and I can't speak for all of us, but I tend to focus on the motivations of a person rather than what they are telling me. I take almost nothing at face value unless the social climate permits me to have a face value discussion which is when things are fact driven and not emotionally charged.

The most attracted I've ever been to a woman upon meeting her was when I was speaking to this gorgeous bodied girl who teased me with snarky wit/charm. While talking to her I found out she had a master's degree which attracted me even more. I was in school for a bachelor's in science at the time, to give you a frame of reference.

Anyways, she captivated me. She was very easy on the eyes, intelligent, sarcastic (something we can all relate to), and had a sense of deviancy. Anywho, I was enthralled. Not sure how much of that is personal taste, but you ENTJs can appreciate a number of case studies, right?

·
Registered
251 Posts
its very strange he has ignored me for 2 days straight now. We were having really good convo on snapchat until 4am then all of a sudden he stops messaging after I asked a certain question to him: which is more important sex or good company. And he responds saying it has to be a combination of both. Then after that doesn't open my messages anymore. I am getting annoyed -_-
Does he use snapchat alot?

With social media, I'm on it in spurts. I'll get my fill and drop it for a couple days up to weeks.

You should invite him to a group bar outing. Face to face time for me is way more important than interactions on any media. In fact, I kind of resent texting all the time. It's like someone trying to imprison my attention.

But once again, that could just be personal taste.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
976 Posts
Does he use snapchat alot?

With social media, I'm on it in spurts. I'll get my fill and drop it for a couple days up to weeks.

You should invite him to a group bar outing. Face to face time for me is way more important than interactions on any media. In fact, I kind of resent texting all the time. It's like someone trying to imprison my attention.

But once again, that could just be personal taste.
This.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts