Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I didn't say anything about carbs yet (I have a preference for low carb diets myself, though I will not pretend to be an expert).

additionally,
1)exactly how many calories are you eating to begin with? a friend of mine has hypoglycemia and has successfully gone from 265 pounds to 203 (in about a year or so) by restricting his calories to around 1700 a day and working out regularly. if you're not eating enough, it can throw off your body and do a nasty number on your metabolism.
2) what macro nutrient ratios are you eating (carbs vs fat vs protein)? the ideal proportions will vary considerably based on individual situation, but regardless, they're important to take note of (personally, I have a preference for more protein-rich diets overall, but again, I can't exactly give an expert opinion here)
A bit late to the party myself, but ^^^THIS^^^ as said above. Would also be useful to know the OPs workout routine and such as well. If carbs don't help, what sort are you eating (simple vs complex. It really does matter.). Sounds like either hypoglycemia, not getting enough of the proper macros, or messed up electrolyte levels. Are you taking any dietary supplements, which if you haven't done the research and take them improperly, can easily mess things up.

My judgment? More information is necessary.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
This.
You don't eat as many calories as you used to and then your arms turn to fucking noodles.
I can't even lift a frigging wheelbarrow anymore.
Yup, it happens. I tend to focus more on macro ratios (Protiens : fats : carbs) and the types ingested instead of caloric intake because of this. The anti-fat culture in modern society causes problems too. Some types are actually good for you and you need a baseline level of fat intake for proper nutritional needs. I know way too many fad diet followers who ended up sick because they cut fat out completely. It is all a balance that VARIES from individual to individual and people tend to forget that.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Yup, it happens. I tend to focus more on macro ratios (Protiens : fats : carbs) and the types ingested instead of caloric intake because of this. The anti-fat culture in modern society causes problems too. Some types are actually good for you and you need a baseline level of fat intake for proper nutritional needs. I know way too many fad diet followers who ended up sick because they cut fat out completely. It is all a balance that VARIES from individual to individual and people tend to forget that.
I'm actually surprised I even focused so much on the eating and exercise regimen, then again anger is a very good Aderall.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I'm actually surprised I even focused so much on the eating and exercise regimen, then again anger is a very good Aderall.
So is boredom from my own experiences with it.
If you can channel it properly anyways.

5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Uh, I've done testing and I have normal fasting blood sugar levels. I really need to drop weight due to back problems, but I can't be non-functional all the time. Don't know what to do.

·
4,808 Posts
Many good things said already.

Did you check blood pressure too? I can get dizzy when trying to loose weight and eating moderately less than I am used to(I am guessing the already low bloodpressure in combination with less energy crosses a line somewhere), and it seems to have to do with blood pressure. It is really important to know first though, if yours is high or low or normal, as it would be dangerous to do some of the following if yours is high. What I say is in case yours is LOW:
-eating a proper breakfast
-getting enough sleep (extremely important)
-some coffee can be good, but as coffee also can make your bloodsugar get low (->dizzy) it is not adviced more than in small doses, perhaps in the morning.
-liquourice, it raises your bloodpressure, enough to notice, I have felt so much better since I started carrying liquourice pastills with me (pure liquourice, so no sugar), it is important not to over do it, one tastill every three hours should do it, and only when you feel you need it.
-execise (your bloodsystem will develop)
-finding out if there are any reasons for it being low, I read somewhere it could have to do with calcium, that the bloodvesels need it to be flexible, not sure how true that is, but it is just an example, if there is a cause it is best to treat it too and not just the symptoms

Iron or other nutrients involved in energy.

Oh, and anxiety, for some it raises bloodpressure, in some it lowers it, and you feel dizzy. Perhaps it is more placebo, but if I am doing something I now will cause anxiety, I make sure to have eaten a little, and take a liquorice pastille. (it is like it becomes a circle, anxiety makes me lightheaded, I become aware of that and get more anxious, which makes me more lightheaded...). If it has partly to do with anxiety, breathing is a great tool, the dizzyness is often due to hyperventialting, even if just a little, you get too much oxygen and let go of too much carbondioxide. Breathing calmly and slowly helps, and if it is really bad (close to panic), you can breath into something (pillow for example) to get reused air with less oxygen for a little while (make sure it will not stay over your face in case you would actually faint).

5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Learned what to do with it. Asked a friend who's heavily into science-based fitness about a drug that could combat the dizziness and he said that caffeine helps.

Drank 5 coffees without cream today, it fought off the dizziness and problems with focus.

Minimally diminished motion coordination.

I finally can begin my journey towards healthy weight.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
140kg, 194cm. For caloric balance I need about 3500-3750kcal a day.
Are you trying to become world deadlift champion or something? That's a bullshit amount of food. Thats like 15000kj. Unless you meant kj in which case you are eating less than a half diet which at your height and size is stupid. Starving yourself doesn't work and is terrible for you. Your body starts to shut down causing you to have ill health, bad teeth, sore/bleeding gums, unhealthy hair, nails and skin.

On top of that is that your body goes into survival mode like hibernation, thats why you will feel tired, because your body wants to conserve energy. So you will burn less fat and any food you do eat will be fully stripped and converted to fat stores and energy to keep you running. Also when you stop your diet that survival mode will punch your weight straight back up.

I reccomend instead a lifestyle change incorporating a healthy balanced diet mixed with high heart rate physical activity. This is the only way you will get it off and keep it off. Think about it, if tge diet industry worked then there would be no diet industry.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Are you trying to become world deadlift champion or something? That's a bullshit amount of food. Thats like 15000kj.
Well, if you're a very tall guy that is fairly active and has musculature to stay mobile with 10s of kgs of fat tissue, that's what caloric needs look like.

I don't know what your claims are based on. I haven't seen a RMR formula that would give me RMR less than 2325kcal per day. And consulting with compendium of physical activities, it gives kcal use for 3100 for purely sedentary lifestyle, without going out.

(hmm... the RMR in my spreadsheet is 2496 - which is more than the minimum but also less than average. Seems to predict well when the hunger and dizziness will set in, though. The daily difference in sedentary life is just 200kcal, though)

Your Estimated Resting Metabolic Rate

Your Weight: 304 Pounds or 138 Kilograms.

There are five different methods that are commonly used to calculate your RMR. All methods are used here and then averaged. Descriptions of the methods used are down below.

According To Calculation Method One*

Your RMR is 2725 Calories per day.

According To Method Two*

Your RMR is 2733 Calories per day.

According To Method Three*

Your RMR is 2700 Calories per day.

According To Method Four*

Your RMR is 3340 Calories per day.

According To Method Five*

Your RMR is 2325 Calories per day.

Your RMR Average From All Methods

Your Average RMR is 2765 Calories per day.
Method four is obviously stupid. Method Five doesn't take fat weight into account at all, which probably distorts things a bit. Probably used something between method five and the average. Or something.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Well, if you're a very tall guy that is fairly active and has musculature to stay mobile with 10s of kgs of fat tissue, that's what caloric needs look like.

I don't know what your claims are based on. I haven't seen a RMR formula that would give me RMR less than 2325kcal per day. And consulting with compendium of physical activities, it gives kcal use for 3100 for purely sedentary lifestyle, without going out.

(hmm... the RMR in my spreadsheet is 2496 - which is more than the minimum but also less than average. Seems to predict well when the hunger and dizziness will set in, though. The daily difference in sedentary life is just 200kcal, though)

Method four is obviously stupid. Method Five doesn't take fat weight into account at all, which probably distorts things a bit. Probably used something between method five and the average. Or something.
I just can't see how you can physically get that much food down. Even crap food like maccas you would have to be having 3 large big mac meals a day to get close.

I'm 185cm and 80-85kg, have a super fast metabolism and do PT and weights ever day and the most i'd ever have is 9-10,000 and that is enough to help me put some weight on.

Instead of aiming for a kj or kcal intake number just eat a balanced healthy diet, lean meats and vegetables mostly. Portion control as well, snack reguarly instead of having 3 square meals to keep your energy up and to stop your stomach from swelling and feeling hungry.Hydrate well to detox your system and excercise reguarly using high heart rate interval training or pack marching or hill walks/runs. Cut sugar and highly processed foods as much as possible. To make it easier you can have 1 cheat day a week where you can have fast food or sugar. Doing all of this will also boost your metabolism which in turn will boost your energy and your metabolism. Not only will you lose weight but you will be much fitter.

5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Fuck, maybe caffeine wasn't such a good idea. I get head aches, lower blood pressure when not under influence, I think there are moments where I experience signs of magnesium deficiency. Also stomach aches, blood when defecating, what the fuck. Reminds me of something I experienced in high school. Not good.

I just can't see how you can physically get that much food down. Even crap food like maccas you would have to be having 3 large big mac meals a day to get close.
Mc Donald's foods are pretty notorious for having low caloric density.

I'm 185cm and 80-85kg, have a super fast metabolism and do PT and weights ever day and the most i'd ever have is 9-10,000 and that is enough to help me put some weight on.
If you have RMR much lower than calculator gives, it's probably more like a super-slow metabolism.

·
exploring space
ENFP
8,974 Posts
Fuck, maybe caffeine wasn't such a good idea. I get head aches, lower blood pressure when not under influence, I think there are moments where I experience signs of magnesium deficiency. Also stomach aches, blood when defecating, what the fuck. Reminds me of something I experienced in high school. Not good.
was it dark blood or fresh bright red?
You should probably go to a doctor and a dietitian to help you lose weight man.

5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
exploring space
ENFP
8,974 Posts
Fresh bright red.

Why?
If it was bright fresh then it means it came from near the anus, maybe you ate something that made your poop so hard or with a certain texture that it made a small tear. It's quite common. But if it persist, it might be best to see a doctor. Blood that comes from an earlier point in the intestines (usually the stomach or small intestine) is dark. Unless maybe you had a diarrhea and everything passed quickly, dunno.

As for the dietitian, it's generally a good idea to have guidance when you need to lose so much weight and you've been overweight for a large part in your life and since you get dizzy and stuff when you are at a deficit, it'd be prudent to have someone supervise the process and perhaps even tell you if you are doing something wrong this whole time.

·
Registered
910 Posts

Mc Donald's foods are pretty notorious for having low caloric density.

If you have RMR much lower than calculator gives, it's probably more like a super-slow metabolism.
If you drink a lot of coffee, it could make you feel dizzy, as it prevents your body from uptaking water as well, which means your systems aren't going to work that well.

I would recommend ditching the coffee and see if you notice any changes.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
21 - 40 of 53 Posts