Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
ENTJ-T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the ridiculous title; but yes. As an ENTJ-T, I admire how intricate yet thorough and beautiful an INTJ’s thought process is.

While I’m just shooting random thought bullets everywhere, INTJs weave this magnificent tapestry of logic. I’m envious of you guys- it must be the power of dominant Ni (Introverted Intuition).

So, in other words, I really want an INTJ friend in my life- how should I meet and approach one?

·
Registered
A Tree
1,130 Posts
You might not want to hear this, but...not like this! :ROFLMAO:

I'd be suspect of attempts to befriend me based on type. Some people might be flattered by that post; to me it's an alarm bell. Authentic connections are where it's at, not contrived "lets be friends because I like the ideas I have of you". Flattery doesn't work either, however well intentioned.

I can't force other INTJs to befriend me either. My INTJ connections all developed naturally. Just as it should be.

Good luck on finding an INTJ that won't suspect your 'approach'.

:D

·
Registered
ENTJ-T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might not want to hear this, but...not like this! :ROFLMAO:

I'd be suspect of attempts to befriend me based on type. Some people might be flattered by that post; to me it's an alarm bell. Authentic connections are where it's at, not contrived "lets be friends because I like the ideas I have of you". Flattery doesn't work either, however well intentioned.

I can't force other INTJs to befriend me either. My INTJ connections all developed naturally. Just as it should be.

Good luck on finding an INTJ that won't suspect your 'approach'.

:D
Authentically and naturally, huh. You’re right, that’s the way all friendships should be developed ideally and the way the best sort of friendship forms.

It’s not like I’m planning to “acquire” anyone or use them for my own gain. 😦

Believe me, I do want an authentic connection and friendship; I absolutely love people with a vast amount of knowledge, wit, and ability to think clearly. You don’t really find people out there like that often.

Alarm bells- I think I get it. Friendship shouldn’t be forced, and no one likes being forced, especially INTJs, for sure.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
🤷‍♀️ Think I’m a pretty good person, does that give me a better chance then? Thanks.
INTJs are repelled by insincerity; so if you are consistently good (your inside values match your behaviours) then your chances are measurably improved.

·
Registered
ENTJ-T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
INTJs are repelled by insincerity; so if you are consistently good (your inside values match your behaviours) then your chances are measurably improved.
Does this mean I have to consistently self-monitor my own behavior so that I’m living up to standards?

No, I’m kidding, but I guess you’re saying that I have to be a trustworthy person.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
1,332 Posts
Adopt one!
Just kidding hehe

I'm aware this will sound cliched, but just be yourself. I'm certain anyone can be charmed by your personality, no matter what their MBTI type is.

·
Registered
ENTJ-T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adopt one!
Just kidding hehe

I'm aware this will sound cliched, but just be yourself. I'm certain anyone can be charmed by your personality, no matter what their MBTI type is.
Aw, that’s so sweet of you to say. sigh If I only had the ENFP charm. 😌 As people though, we all have our personality strengths and weaknesses. I like to believe I’m rather aware of mine. I have an idea of how certain people might dislike me, and how others might like me.

Hm, “adopting one”. I can take the initiative in starting any sort of friendship most of the time, but I really want to focus on building the mental connection- then emotional connection (if possible).

I can only hope for more opportunities to meet bright people.

And that also brings me to the problem- where can I meet more people like that? 🙃

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,508 Posts
Hm, “adopting one”. I can take the initiative in starting any sort of friendship most of the time, but I really want to focus on building the mental connection- then emotional connection (if possible).

I can only hope for more opportunities to meet bright people.

And that also brings me to the problem- where can I meet more people like that?
I might be projecting here, but the INTJs have an some sort of an understanding of their Feelings? It couldn't go too poorly to adopt one right?

But yeah, I dunno how it looks from your perspective, but NTJs straight look like bright people. I'd assume you can find one doing some sort of research? but if you were looking to connect on an intellectual level, you'd likely be in an intellectual place... like a laboratory! Afaik, labs aren't all that big, so likely you would have already found an INTJ if you were a scientist(?)

I wonder how inf Se could manifest. Maybe some would go to the bar or the mall? but I don't think the frequency of INTJs would increase much...

Where would you find an ENTJ anyway? Just do the introverted verison of that?

·
Registered
ENTJ-T
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might be projecting here, but the INTJs have an some sort of an understanding of their Feelings? It couldn't go too poorly to adopt one right?

But yeah, I dunno how it looks from your perspective, but NTJs straight look like bright people. I'd assume you can find one doing some sort of research? but if you were looking to connect on an intellectual level, you'd likely be in an intellectual place... like a laboratory! Afaik, labs aren't all that big, so likely you would have already found an INTJ if you were a scientist(?)

I wonder how inf Se could manifest. Maybe some would go to the bar or the mall? but I don't think the frequency of INTJs would increase much...

Where would you find an ENTJ anyway? Just do the introverted verison of that?
Well, thanks for thinking about it.

You don’t exactly “adopt” anybody, in my opinion, haha. You have to have mutual interest in each other (regarding thoughts, personality, etc.) and a genuine connection (shared interests or hobbies, etc.), or else it’s just an empty friendship.

They say INTJs have higher Fi than ENTJs according to their function stacks, but I have a pretty well-developed Fi for an ENTJ.

Yeah, I’m not a scientist, unfortunately. I don’t have a lot of people around me who I can have deep, meaningful (“intellectual”) discussions with, and it’s a little depressing sometimes. Depressing isn’t the word. Maybe lonely.

Where ENTJs are? They’re out partying and making connections for their careers/businesses, for example, or being workaholics. Can’t say for all, obviously, but typically.

I’ll just be on the watch out.

S

·
0 Posts
In short, no you can't. Only they can befriend you and you will know it when they do.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi
178 Posts
how-to-be-friends-with-an-intj
How..., to be..., friends with an INTJ?!... Well, what...., why...., how?... Oh, I know how you should do it, i guess...

I can obviously only speak from myself, First rule of thumb is that if you want to talk with an INTJ... good luck..., that will never happen....., regardless of proton decay or not, entire universe will end in a big freezee before that will even happen.

One does not simply just talk with an INTJ ^_^ -C

You talk to an INTJ, it is really simple..., you talk and explain your (hopefully) perfectly arranged logical statement, then, the INTJ (as it was some different species) suddenly reacts, and might give some answer back.

The simple reason that nobody can talk with an INTJ is that the INTJ in question (Me) could not care less that (You) actually exists or not, you could very well be a talking pillow...

All that matter is the talking you are making with your head hole, which gets translated into audible waves through the INTJs eyes, then parsed through several abstract logical layers.

If the internal logic of the INTJ is up to par with the argument you gave, then you will hopefully get an adequate response, such as "Your logic is correct", else if you argument is BS then you will probably get a indecipherable meme as response.

So, how to befriend an INTJ, that is a question that I still do not compute.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sorry for the ridiculous title; but yes. As an ENTJ-T, I admire how intricate yet thorough and beautiful an INTJ’s thought process is.

While I’m just shooting random thought bullets everywhere, INTJs weave this magnificent tapestry of logic. I’m envious of you guys- it must be the power of dominant Ni (Introverted Intuition).

So, in other words, I really want an INTJ friend in my life- how should I meet and approach one?
For someone like you who has more extroverted tendencies, I would advise you to make comments on observations you have made. This could happen anywhere in a variety of scenarios, maybe work, school, the store, wherever honestly. Breaking the ice in this sense is a good way to make people feel at ease, especially if your comments are made in a humorous or lighthearted way. I don't think it is very feasible to specifically search out INTJ individuals or anything like that, your end goal should be to meet new people / friends, if you happen upon some INTJs, then good for you.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
and also, pretty forgiving once friendship has been established, however long the gap might be in terms of time between conversations

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
and also, pretty forgiving once friendship has been established, however long the gap might be in terms of time between conversations
Hint taken.
(I literally don't have the energy to explain why it is that I haven't explained why.)
And lately the election chaos has taken all 200% of my time that I don't have.

I may be able to edge out some time during Thanksgiving week (celebrated in the States).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts