Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Thank you everyone for sharing this!

I am dealing with this right now myself it was all so well put by everyone here that I gave up trying to quote and put in my own thoughts. I go through phases of this in my life & while I'm in it I can't see the forest for the trees. And not just any forest, but the Black Forest in Europe. It's super dark.

I'm in my 30s. I'd like to say I've figured it all out so I don't repeat it, but I haven't. I do know, however, if I stop and take inventory of my life and how I've improved from my 20s, I'd say I have reason to be proud of myself. :proud:

Scude - I'm feeling ya girl. And right when I'm racing frantically in my head about whether I will ever pull myself together, I came across your post that described the feeling/situation beautifully and felt that I couldn't be all that bad off if I wasn't the only human being facing this right now.

Null - loved your advice

vel- oh my goodness - how much awesomeness can you put into one post! A lot of insight that could actually reach my mind in it's "scared" mode. If that makes any sense. :crazy:

· Registered
303 Posts
I think most INFJs go through a similar process as we age. I was you. It wasn't until recently (meaning the last 2 years) I came into my own and stopped worrying about what everybody else thought. What they may or may not be thinking was consuming my thoughts and hampering my growth. Until a year ago, I pondered and thought about everything. I people watched, I researched, I read, I wrote and I even made small exercises for myself to stretch my shy little legs. However, these things did not solve the problem I was having. It wasn't until the point I decided in order for me to move on with MY life, I had to take control of MY life instead of giving everyone else the power. I committed to cut ties with those that brought me down, I started to enjoy the things I wanted to do, I gave myself the power to truly LIKE myself no matter what other people thought. I had to accept me. That single thought progressed to the idea that people can think what they want but I wasn't there to please anyone, I was just going to be ME. Don't get me wrong, I still ponder the heck out of everything and I still create "tests" for myself. The largest difference I made was my own mind set and loving myself for who I am and sticking to it. I still blush when I do something stupid and people find it funny...but who cares...I'm still a great person. Finding this site is a good first step. INFJ's are quite frequently misunderstood and realizing this fact makes it much easier to accept one's self. It's true, we aren't like everyone else. We are unique, special, odd at times but that's just because others can't understand our thought process - don't worry, it's not their fault, they were born that way...and so were we!
Freaking Bravo Waterviolet!! :laughing: Such wonderful insight, & a new "plan of attack" to maybe get out of a cycle some of us can get in. Well put!

Reactions: waterviolet
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.