Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll make it short and to the point :)

I have a small room in an apartment which is stripped down to the original layer of wall on which the floors are standing on.
I need to make it a visually good room. Theres one wall that is the outer wall and needs isolation, what should I use for it?
What should I use as the interior wall, I was thinking of putting a hardboard layer and then wallpaper on it? One of the four walls is a dry wall that let's trough a lot of sound. For example I can hear a clock ticking in the next room, if the clock is against the wall - How can I fix it?
Also any tips on how to make a wooden ceiling are appreciated.

I haven't really ever built anything but the situation needs it. Winter is coming and I'm on a very tight budget.

Thank you!!

P.S. How to make the ceiling soundproof(er) so I wouldn't hear people walking upstairs?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you don't get your answer here, have you tried googling for a forum specific to building stuff?
Oh yeah I know nothing about building walls.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't get your answer here, have you tried googling for a forum specific to building stuff?
Oh yeah I know nothing about building walls.
Maybe I should do that. But I don't want to register everywhere for just one post....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts