Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In two paragraphs, how do I convince someone:

1. The problems that exist in our current method of dating people (aka. just meeting people who are in social/geographical proximity, who are "good enough").

2. How Enneagrams can help them date or find better relationships.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
"Its metacognition try it"

"Metacognition is defined as "cognition about cognition", or "knowing about knowing."

since they probably dont know what metacognition means

there you go

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
This would be my answers on attempting the persuasion:

1. How is the current method of dating people creating problems or not moving someone towards achieving goals? Why is the current method not working? That's the questions I'd use as different people may well have different answers and while some people may think, "That doesn't work well, does it?" the other person may think, "Yeah, I like this."

2. Enneagram can be used in a couple of different ways when it comes to relationships. First, by understanding one's own type this can help determine how do relationships fit into one's overall life. To use myself as an example as a 1w2, having this view of my motivation to want to improve the world and be useful to people as a secondary motivator is good for me to know and apply. I can offer to help other people and know it likely won't generate resentment that may be the case for other types that may not have being helpful as major a quality,e.g. a 4 or 5 may have a very different view on things. The second way it could help is that if one can get good at quickly identifying someone else's type then this information could be used to significantly improve a relationship. For example, I know a married couple where she is a 7 and he is a 3 that had their relationship improve dramatically because she was given some insight about how to handle conversing with a feeling type that may just want someone to listen and not try to immediately solve the problem. As 3,7, and 8 are go-getting types they can be prone to wanting to solve the problem though this isn't always what is wanted.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Idk. Once I found out the type of this girl I've been talking to, I realized that maybe I was right about her all along, and that thats not a good thing!

LOL jk (sorta)

unfortunately, my 7wing doesnt listen to me all the time O-o

Anyway, im always the "when its meant to happen it will" kind of guy" for the most part, but that self reflection can improve everything including aspects of dating if it is done in moderation.

·
Registered
601 Posts
1. Lack of intra-personal/interpersonal knowledge and emotional intelligence.

2. The ennegramm forces you to see the type of people that you are attracted to, which leads to healthy self exploration. After the dust has settled, the individual exposed to this compelling knowledge can now think of ways that they can attract and relate to the people that elicit an attraction

There are some people that are never going to be interested. They are scared to look inside their mind or lack the intellectual stamina.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I am pretty sure that enneagrams don't help you to choose better partners or to meet more compatible people.

HOWEVER, it can help you to realize your own emotional and relationship issues, and the emotional and relationship issues of the person you're with (in any relationship, not just romantic ones).

It's pretty intimate to realize that you not only know someone by talking to them, but understand what their issues are and how it applies to their life experiences, childhood, and current behaviors, with you and their friends and family, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts