Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been blessed to have known two ENFPs in my short quarter-lifetime. One is my younger brother and the other is a female friend I serendipitously encountered on one of my world travels.

Every now and then they come, hat-in-hand, to receive my infinite supply of mental massages to untangle their knotted issues. After a few enjoyable sessions, I may never get in contact with them for months again. Deep down, I bid them adieu to wonderful new adventures until their next shipwreck back to my shores.

The feeling is like spending a day making home-made ice-cream cone, travelling to the beach to quietly enjoy it, only for the ice-cream scoop to fall in the sand as you're about to take a much-anticipated bite.

Perhaps making up for lack of depth with volume in more ENFPs would be more fulfilling (Where to find you guys anyways?)

What are your recommendations for growing and maintaining relationships with ENFPs?

Particularly those with magical disappearing acts.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Oh god I never knew that I was inconsistent until one of my best friend pointed it out - she told me we are so close bc we don't have the need to be around each other. Often time- i kinda drift off doing my own things - I call when in need of support or bored if not I'm content going on exploring new things -
I notice people who call me or ask me if they could visit me (I love long talk and I'm most comfortable at home with close friends/family members) tend to see me most ( not necessarily whom I'm closest to). I rarely initiate plans and when I do they tend to come all at once in spur of the moment . However I can be consistent (not daily but weekly consistent) if somebody was to initiate plans instead of me.
For new people - first off I need a connection ( never met an infj irl that I haven't connected with yet ) then after ward perhaps call me- talk to me! Write letters(I love letters)
Play card/board games with me, perhaps suggest something like cooking together Or start a book club together and meet weekly to discuss the book etc
I'm always ecstatic to hear from people- call don't text ( I'm horrible with texting- my phone tend to play hide and seek with me )

Hope you find more enfps to connect with:)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
I really appreciate all the things you asked as 100% on track to getting together with ENFPs. A INFJ who is interested in us is like— what we want! Ask for more time with us and it will usually be granted. I usually spend my time on those who want my time most because I love to be needed.

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really appreciate all the things you asked as 100% on track to getting together with ENFPs. A INFJ who is interested in us is like— what we want! Ask for more time with us and it will usually be granted. I usually spend my time on those who want my time most because I love to be needed.
Thanks a lot for the advice!

I suppose playing the long-game and making a consistent effort to reach out is the best way to get an ENFP's attention.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Thanks a lot for the advice!

I suppose playing the long-game and making a consistent effort to reach out is the best way to get an ENFP's attention.
Well, I think when you start to put forth the effort things can ramp up fast between our two types actually. Ask the INFJ guys who are a bit older, they’ll tell you the timing when things start to really take off can make or break some of these relationships... so it’s takes some finesse and maybe some experience OR (and or but) just when you’re truly ready the right person comes along and nothing but nothing is going to stop that relationship. And I’m saying this as an ode to my darling husband who went way too fast but caught me anyway. :). Fun and frustrating times ahead for some during the dating years, but keep hope! Yeah... so yeah... I’m this old now that I’m giving this kind of advice out. ><

Reactions: Dennitsa

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been blessed to have known two ENFPs in my short quarter-lifetime. One is my younger brother and the other is a female friend I serendipitously encountered on one of my world travels.

Every now and then they come, hat-in-hand, to receive my infinite supply of mental massages to untangle their knotted issues. After a few enjoyable sessions, I may never get in contact with them for months again. Deep down, I bid them adieu to wonderful new adventures until their next shipwreck back to my shores.

The feeling is like spending a day making home-made ice-cream cone, travelling to the beach to quietly enjoy it, only for the ice-cream scoop to fall in the sand as you're about to take a much-anticipated bite.

Perhaps making up for lack of depth with volume in more ENFPs would be more fulfilling (Where to find you guys anyways?)

What are your recommendations for growing and maintaining relationships with ENFPs?

Particularly those with magical disappearing acts.
For me, I would just need you to contact me. If I had a friend that hasn't see me in a while, I would assume they didn't want to be friends anymore. I don't there is one golden answer, the answer could be anything!

Maybe they decided they didn't want to have out with you anymore, maybe they moved somewhere else, maybe they died! (Sorry that was so sad, I was NOT expecting it to take a turn for the worst)

I've never really DISAPPEARED from friendships, it's more like they just disingrated over time. I don't really feel bad about it, if they wanted to continue being friends, they could've talked to me. But also, I feel like it's kind of my fault too, because I could've contacted them too! I'll try to in the future! :happy:

To answer your question simpily, just contact them and tell them you want to hang out and don't want to drift apart! If they say no to that, you deserve someone better! Hope this helped!

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this sentence?

Every now and then they come, hat-in-hand, to receive my infinite supply of mental massages to untangle their knotted issues.
That's just poetry and I don't know why but you sparked my imagination and now I feel like I need to make something from this visual.

But yeah, what has been said by @ThatOneHipsterDude
If I'm contacted by a friend that I haven't tried to keep in contact with I would appreciate it and I would most likely say yes to meeting up. Because honestly, I'm aware of how bad I am at keeping contact with people, I hope that those people don't take it personally but I just can't keep up with everyone who means something to me. Normally it's just a few people who get (at least) weekly contact from me and that's not including my family so, y'know, that doesn't mean I love them any less.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
For me, it's more... other people not communicating with me, and I don't 'bother' people if I don't hear from them.

The introverts in my life tend to vanish for weeks at a time after we've been around each other; I have company this weekend and it's been fun, and I'll be hyped when they leave and want to talk about everything further / stay close to them -- but there will be e-mail silence from them for probably at least 10 days.

That's hard for me, because it's like my Ne-dom was having fun / I'm trying to connect and the introvert just... vanishes.

So, I guess you and I have the same problem: people disappearing on us. :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For me, it's more... other people not communicating with me, and I don't 'bother' people if I don't hear from them.

The introverts in my life tend to vanish for weeks at a time after we've been around each other; I have company this weekend and it's been fun, and I'll be hyped when they leave and want to talk about everything further / stay close to them -- but there will be e-mail silence from them for probably at least 10 days.

That's hard for me, because it's like my Ne-dom was having fun / I'm trying to connect and the introvert just... vanishes.

So, I guess you and I have the same problem: people disappearing on us. :p

If it's an INFJ the likely case is that you have finally exhausted the bag of magic spells he's been using to captivate you. Far too embarrassed to admit this and see you not being playfully entertained, he needs to go conjure more ASAP before coming back.

One of the deepest fears for INFJs (maybe not all) is capturing an ENxPs full attention, having an exhilarating time, but realizing you may have gone full retard and lose the connection.

In their mind, pre-emptive withdrawal is a controlled way of thinking everything is still sane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts