Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usually when i have energy and not the fear of an object blocking my life
i deal with unfairness by being as creative as i can
but even when that is being tested by some destructive forces
i get really upset
but i can't get angry no more because it starts to eat me up a bit

so do you ever find yourself whirling and whirling in the same spot? because there is one element completely out of control and blocking your way that you can't do much about it but have to wait? and if you feel some sort of charged anger that comes from irony or dilemma or injustice or unfairness how do you divert that anger? even when you can't afford to be creative? when you are out of energy? do you divert the anger or express it?

when it's not your best day or weeks or years.. do you accept that and stay low and maintain that pace and really go all the way south with the flow and god knows where that ends up or do you really fight to death with it ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hmm as far as I can, I always try to focus on the solution and not the problem. Even if I feel great anger, I try to accept the situation and look at the bigger picture. That's not to say I allow myself to be a passive victim of life. Rather, if anger serves little purpose then I try to rid myself of it and do what I have to do. If I can't do anything about it, then what's the point of being angry? I have to let it go and focus on other things.

How to rid myself of anger? I adjust my expectations. My favourite quote from Tokugawa Ieyasu sums up my general approach:

"Life is like unto a long journey with a heavy burden. Let thy step be slow and steady, that thou stumble not. Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."

That's not to say I never become angry, I just learn to regulate it better.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
This mostly happens at my job. When I feel what I call the 'pressure' building up inside my head, I log out of my computer and take a walk around the building while listening to my music

If I don't have the ability to walk away... Well, things could get quite ugly

·
Registered
428 Posts
This mostly happens at my job. When I feel what I call the 'pressure' building up inside my head, I log out of my computer and take a walk around the building while listening to my music

If I don't have the ability to walk away... Well, things could get quite ugly
Lucky for the people you have the ability to walk away. Because of your strength you save the world everyday! :crazy:

Reactions: Zomboy

·
Registered
91 Posts
usually when i have energy and not the fear of an object blocking my life
i deal with unfairness by being as creative as i can
but even when that is being tested by some destructive forces
i get really upset
but i can't get angry no more because it starts to eat me up a bit

so do you ever find yourself whirling and whirling in the same spot? because there is one element completely out of control and blocking your way that you can't do much about it but have to wait? and if you feel some sort of charged anger that comes from irony or dilemma or injustice or unfairness how do you divert that anger? even when you can't afford to be creative? when you are out of energy? do you divert the anger or express it?

when it's not your best day or weeks or years.. do you accept that and stay low and maintain that pace and really go all the way south with the flow and god knows where that ends up or do you really fight to death with it ?
I tend to transubstantiate my grief into anger, then anger into vengeance, which then becomes an elemental force of change or action. Perhaps it's almost like paying it forward, but in a different guise, if you know what I mean.

Anger is a debilitating emotion, especially when unexpressed and allowed to convect within the psyche. I'd say if you can, express that anger in whatever form that befits the cause of that anger as well as your disposition. It's an advice I find hard to follow myself, but I've realise that repression is a dangerous 'way out', and when the pressure finally hits threshold, the outburst can leave even yourself feeling traumatised. I understand that I am inclined to hold back expressions of anger because I'm so afraid of compromising the peace and balance that might be tenuous in certain social relationships. Writing/blogging helps a lot, but not as much as sharing the grievance with someone who understands. If the latter option is unavailable, I usually turn ruthlessly rational and attempt to reason away the inequities. Then again, it all converges into vengeance, which leaves me brimming with potential energy. =(

·
Registered
428 Posts
Was that meant to rhyme?

I... Hate... Rhymes... [/twitch]
Haha...nah, it was not intended to rhyme. I didn't even realize until you mentioned it. Thank you great Zomboy for not blowing up at me. :crazy:

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are some things that make me angry. -- Arrogance, Power mixed with stupidity, those whom do not follow the "do no harm" rule, and a few others.

I shut down and cannot believe that they complain, without realizing that they created the mess in the first place. At that point, my words can become a weapon and I have physically fought in the past. --- Those were a mistake and nothing I am proud of.

When I wake up and realize that there is a solution to every problem, use my brain once more... I find the solution and get on with living. --- I challenge my judging function to be healthier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts